Best Eye Doctors In Conover, NC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Conover Optometrists in Conover, Conover, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Conover reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Conover.
University Eye Associates
8316 Medical Plaza Dr, Charlotte, NC 28262
Customers were pleased with the eye doctors’ friendliness, thorough exams, and expertise. The staff received high marks for professionalism and helpful service. Though some mentioned longer appointment wait times, billing issues, and unfriendly reception, many customers strongly recommended this eye care center for satisfactory eye exams and service.
- Excellent doctors: Multiple reviewers praised the doctors at this eye care center, noting their friendliness, thoroughness, and ability to explain test results.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and polite receptionists, as well as the helpfulness of the optical team in providing detailed options and cost breakdowns for eyewear.
- Clean and safe facilities: Several reviewers appreciated the clean and safe facilities, with one specifically mentioning the measures taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
2424 Century Pl SE, Hickory, NC 28602
The first review criticizes the exam’s completeness and high costs. The second commends Dr. Harris and Dolly for outstanding service and patient care. The third describes a good experience with Dr. Chang and the kind, helpful staff.
- Friendly and helpful staff from the moment you walk in the door, providing a welcoming experience and great customer service.
- Knowledgeable and experienced doctors who take the time to explain things thoroughly and answer any questions, making patients feel well taken care of and comfortable.
2266 US Hwy 70 SE, Hickory, NC 28602
The eye care center was praised for their top-notch service, polite and helpful staff, and quick eye exams with immediate selection of glasses. Customers appreciated the staff’s assistance in choosing affordable and suitable glasses. A few customers noted drawbacks like rushed exams and limited budget-friendly options.
- Top-notch service and explanation from the staff during the eye exam and glasses selection process.
- Quick and efficient eye exams with affordable prices, and the ability to pick out glasses immediately after.
- Same-day availability for eye exams and getting new glasses.
2115 US Hwy 70 SE, Hickory, NC 28602
Customers speak highly of the eye care center’s convenient appointment scheduling, virtual eye exams, and friendly staff. While most are satisfied, some wish for an on-site optometrist and higher quality glasses. Still, most reviewers recommend this eye care center for its accessibility and helpful service.
- Convenient walk-in appointments available
- Virtual eye exams with a doctor for easy and efficient process
- Friendly and helpful staff who take the time to assist with selecting glasses
Elite Family Eye Care
2340 15th Ave SE #101, Hickory, NC 28602
Elite Family Eye Care receives rave reviews for Dr. Ly’s friendly, professional demeanor. Patients feel comfortable during thorough exams and appreciate the staff’s helpful attitude. Their personalized approach puts customers at ease. Overall, this practice comes highly recommended for all eye care needs.
- Pleasant, professional, and knowledgeable staff who provide careful and thorough eye exams, discuss results and options, and make patients feel comfortable and at ease.
- Dr. Ly is personable, down to earth, and easy to talk to. He provides undivided attention, explains things professionally, and addresses all patient concerns. The entire staff is friendly, welcoming, and helpful.
- Quick appointments, no long wait times, and efficient service. The staff is friendly, courteous, and prompt in addressing patient needs. The office is warm and welcoming, and there are options for discounts on eye exams when purchasing glasses with them.
1960 US Hwy 70 SE #198, Hickory, NC 28602
The eye care center is well regarded for prompt service, friendly staff, and assisting customers in finding eyeglasses. Specific employees were commended for exceptional service with repairs and glasses selection. A sole negative review cited lens durability issues and discourteous management. In general, reviewers recommend the eye care center for their quality service and products.
- Short wait times and efficient service for eye exams, even without an appointment.
- Friendly, helpful, and professional staff who provide excellent customer service.
- Knowledgeable and patient staff who go above and beyond to address and resolve issues with glasses, including repairs.
Kiser Eye Care
1960 US-70, Hickory, NC 28602
Patients appreciate the professionalism, efficiency, and friendliness of the staff. Doctors take time to explain exam results and answer questions thoroughly. However, some patients report longer than desired wait times and issues scheduling appointments and obtaining prescriptions. Most reviews are positive about the quality of care received and patients’ willingness to return.
- Efficient and professional experience with friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Thorough eye exams with detailed explanations from the doctors
- Excellent customer service and a focus on patient satisfaction
1526 US-70, Hickory, NC 28602
Most customers speak highly of the attentive staff, broad selection of eyewear, and reasonable prices at this eye care center. While a couple had trouble with accessibility and incorrect prescriptions, the overwhelming majority recommend its personable service.
- Knowledgeable and attentive staff, particularly Dawn, who takes her time to ensure the best overall purchase and provides training on the use of contacts.
- Large selection of glasses with great prices compared to competitors.
- Reasonable costs for exams and lenses.
- Friendly and professional service, with a focus on customer care.
- Good selection of eyewear and personalized services.
Looking Glass Vision
2571 Springs Rd NE, Hickory, NC 28601
Looking Glass Vision provides friendly, helpful service. Knowledgeable staff assist customers in choosing frames and lenses tailored to their needs. Many loyal, long-term customers strongly recommend Looking Glass Vision for its excellent service, quality products, and fair pricing.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff members, Diane and Rhyne, as being friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They take the time to listen to customer preferences and provide excellent recommendations for frames and lenses.
- Wide selection of frames: Many customers appreciate the large selection of frames available at Looking Glass. They mention finding plenty of choices and have received compliments on the frames they purchased.
- Good customer service and reasonable prices: The eye care center is praised for its great customer service, reasonable prices, and professionalism. Customers mention feeling valued and well taken care of, and some have been loyal customers for many years.
21 S Main Ave, Newton, NC 28658
Lifetime Eye Care patients laud the practice’s friendly employees and comprehensive eye exams. Drs. Bandy and Monson earn accolades for their meticulous and supportive manner during appointments. Patients value Lifetime’s accommodating, well-informed staff and cutting-edge diagnostic technology. The practice offers a positive, instructive experience for eye patients across generations.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Lifetime Eye Care is friendly, accommodating, and makes patients feel comfortable.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Reviewers praise Dr. Bandy and Dr. Monson for their thorough eye exams and willingness to answer questions. They are described as knowledgeable, caring, and up-to-date with the latest technology in eye health.
- Great for families: Several reviews mention that Lifetime Eye Care is a great place for family eye care. They mention that the doctors and staff make children feel comfortable and take their time with them during exams.
Alicia Carroll M.D., Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Center
2660 Tate Blvd #200, Hickory, NC 28602
The eye care center is lauded for their attentive and proficient service. One patient‚Äôs review notes an eye doctor‚Äôs diligence led to early detection of a serious condition. Additional feedback applauds the staff‚Äôs competence and the center‚Äôs pleasant atmosphere. Patients highlight positive experiences from check-in through examinations. Dr. Carroll earns acclaim as a foremost expert in her field, with successful outcomes including enhanced vision and effective Botox treatments. The center comes highly recommended overall for their skill and supportive care.
- Professional and proactive approach: The eye care center is praised for having a proactive attitude and providing thorough care. The doctors are described as curious and persistent, ensuring prompt diagnosis and taking additional steps, such as sending samples to a second lab if necessary.
- Excellent service and expertise: The center is known for having fantastic professionals who are highly skilled in their field. Patients express satisfaction with the overall experience, from check-in to interactions with medical assistants. The quality of care provided by Dr. Carroll, specifically, is highlighted.
- Wide range of services: In addition to eye care and eye exams, the center also offers Botox treatments. Patients appreciate the positive results they have experienced, such as improved vision and reduced drooping of the eyelids.
Robert A. Bisanar, O
305 3rd Ave NW, Hickory, NC 28601
The eye care center is highly regarded for Dr. Bisaner’s attentive and thorough care. Patients describe his ability to patiently explain eye conditions and recommend his expertise. While wait times can be long, the consensus is that the quality of care is well worth it.
- Dr. Bisanar and his staff provide excellent customer service, answering all questions with honest and thorough answers.
- Dr. Bisanar is patient, thorough, and experienced, ensuring that your eye exam and needs are well taken care of.
- The staff is friendly and helpful in assisting with choosing glasses, leaving customers satisfied with their selection.
2424 Century Pl SE, Hickory, NC 28602
Patients consistently reported positive experiences at Dr. Oursler’s eye care center, lauding the professional and knowledgeable staff, comfortable procedures, clear communication, and rapid recovery. Many achieved 20/20 or better vision after surgery and wished they’d come sooner. Patients strongly recommend Dr. Oursler for his expertise and attentive care.
- Highly skilled and experienced doctors and staff
- Excellent communication throughout the entire process
- Professional, caring, and friendly atmosphere
Yupheng Ly, OD
2340 15th Ave SE Suite 101, Hickory, NC 28602
Dr. Ly’s eye care center in Hickory is known for professional, caring service. Patients consistently praise the staff’s friendly expertise and convenient appointment availability.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and welcoming nature of the staff, which creates a positive and comfortable atmosphere for patients.
- Professionalism and care: Patients appreciate the professionalism and care exhibited by both Dr. Ly and his staff throughout the entire process, from the eye exams to glasses fitting.
- Knowledgeable and helpful: Dr. Ly and his staff are described as knowledgeable and helpful, taking the time to explain everything to patients and ensuring they receive the best prescription for their contact lenses and glasses.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in North Carolina
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in North Carolina experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in North Carolina, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in North Carolina
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in North Carolina.
- The The percentage of people in North Carolina with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was more than twice as high as the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In North Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.03%) compared to the overall population (5.39%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.64%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in North Carolina
- In North Carolina, 5.39% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in North Carolina
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.6% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.59% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in North Carolina face even higher rates at 8.02%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in North Carolina
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in North Carolina.
- 11.6% of those with diabetes and 8.03% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in North Carolina
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.9% of children in North Carolina having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.66% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in North Carolina
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.39% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in North Carolina.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.