Best Eye Doctors In Colfax, NC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Colfax Optometrists in Colfax, Colfax, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Colfax reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Colfax.
The Eyecare Group
1402 Eastchester Dr, High Point, NC 27265
The eye doctors are praised for their knowledge and patient care, though some customers had issues with frame orders and clarity around lens options.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the friendly and competent staff, who made patients feel welcome and comfortable during their eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Patients praised the doctors for their expertise and thoroughness during the eye exams, providing clear explanations and advice.
- Convenient and efficient service: Some patients appreciated the same-day appointments and quick turnaround time for glasses, making it a convenient choice for those in need of fast eye care services.
New Garden Eye Care & Eyewear Gallery
3707 Battleground Ave Suite C, Greensboro, NC 27410
This eye care center is highly regarded for its exceptional service, knowledgeable and friendly staff, thorough eye exams utilizing modern technology, and high-quality glasses and lenses. Patients frequently compliment the professionalism of staff and attentiveness of doctors who take time to provide detailed assessments. The center comes enthusiastically recommended for comprehensive eye care and exams.
- Seamless and professional experience: The eye care center provides a seamless and professional experience, from check-in to the eye exam. Customers appreciate the professionalism and quality of service provided by the staff.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: The staff, including Dr. Eric and Dr. Charlotte, are knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. Customers feel reassured and well taken care of during their eye exams. The staff takes the time to answer questions and provide thorough explanations.
- State-of-the-art technology and expertise: The eye exams at this center utilize cutting-edge tools and technology that customers have not experienced elsewhere. The staff is highly skilled and knowledgeable, providing accurate and fast examinations. Customers appreciate the high quality of the equipment and the expertise of the staff.
See Well Vision Associates
1130 S Main St, Kernersville, NC 27284
The eye care center is highly regarded for their thorough exams, knowledgeable staff, and excellent customer service. Reviewers frequently mention the comfortable office and appreciative support while selecting glasses. Most feel well cared for during their visit.
- Exceptional service and knowledge: Customers praised the eye care center for their exceptional service and knowledge, making it a great place for eye exams and getting glasses.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the friendly and helpful staff, who made customers feel comfortable and provided excellent customer service.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Customers appreciated the thorough and efficient eye exams conducted by the doctors, making the experience enjoyable and satisfactory.
Triangle Visions Optometry
853 Old Winston Rd #113, Kernersville, NC 27284
Customers have conveyed contentment with Triangle Visions, praising the comprehensive eye exams and attentive, personalized care from doctors and staff. Many comment favorably on the pediatric optometrist’s skill making children feel at ease. While some critique appointment availability and customer service, most reviews enthusiastically recommend this eye care center.
- The doctors and staff at Triangle Vision provide excellent care for both adults and children. They are attentive, caring, and make patients feel comfortable during eye exams.
- Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the willingness of the doctors to address their concerns and listen to their questions.
- The staff at Triangle Vision are friendly, welcoming, and provide great customer service. Patients feel respected and valued during their visits.
1575 NC-66, Kernersville, NC 27284
The eye care center receives positive reviews for Dr. Freeman and staff’s professional, friendly service during comprehensive exams. Patients note satisfaction with the quality of care and assistance selecting frames and navigating insurance. The reviews suggest this eye care center provides reliable, thorough service across all offerings.
- Professional staff and high-quality eye exams: The staff at the eye care center are praised for their professionalism and the quality of the eye exams they provide.
- Efficient and convenient: Patients appreciate that the eye care center offers a full-service experience, with eye exams and glasses all in one place. This convenience makes it easier for them to get the eye care they need.
5121 Reidsville Rd, Walkertown, NC 27051
The Eye Care Center in Walkertown, NC is highly reviewed for its friendly, knowledgeable staff and thorough eye exams. Dr. Freeman stands out for explaining everything to patients’ satisfaction. However, one review cited rude front desk staff.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff, including Dr. Freeman and his technician Lisa, as being knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful in explaining the eye exam process and answering questions thoroughly.
- Thorough and extensive eye exams: Several reviewers appreciate the comprehensive and extensive nature of the eye exams, mentioning that they felt well taken care of and satisfied with the level of care provided.
- Great selection of eyewear: Many reviewers mention the Eye Care Center having a wide variety of frames to choose from when picking out glasses, and some even mention receiving fashion advice during the process.
- Please note that while there was one negative review regarding rude staff up front, the majority of reviews were very positive and praised the staff for their professionalism and friendliness.
Netra Optometric Associates Pllc
4203 W Wendover Ave F, Greensboro, NC 27407
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its friendly, knowledgeable staff and quick, thorough service. A few negative reviews cite long wait times, rude receptionists, and questionable exam quality. However, most customers seem satisfied, though some areas could use improvement.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the friendly and courteous staff, emphasizing their patience and commitment to providing a positive experience.
- Efficient and quick service: Many reviewers appreciated the quick turnaround time for their eye exams, with one reviewer specifically mentioning being in and out within 30 minutes.
- Knowledgeable and caring optometrist: Reviewers praised the optometrist for their expertise and caring approach, making them feel comfortable and addressing all their questions and concerns.
Battleground Eye Care
3132 Battleground Ave Suite B, Greensboro, NC 27408
Battleground Eye Care is well-reviewed for their child-friendly staff. However, one patient expressed concerns about misdiagnosis and rushed exams. Multiple reviewers commend Dr. Scott for his professionalism, meticulous exams, and ophthalmology expertise. Patients also appreciate the state-of-the-art equipment and stellar customer service.
- Excellent service with a friendly and helpful staff.
- Dr. Scott is highly knowledgeable and uses top-of-the-line equipment for thorough eye examinations.
- The staff goes above and beyond, providing personalized care and ensuring patient satisfaction.
1300 Eastchester Dr, High Point, NC 27265
This eye care center is known for its excellent customer service, thorough eye exams, affordable prices, and caring, knowledgeable staff. Patients praise the doctors and staff for their professionalism, kindness, and willingness to address concerns. The office itself is clean, organized, and focused on patients’ best look and vision.
- Thorough eye exams: The eye care center is praised for providing thorough eye exams and checking the patients' eyes in detail.
- Affordable pricing: The pricing for exams, frames, and contacts is considered competitive and affordable, even for those without insurance.
- Friendly and caring staff: Many reviewers appreciate the friendly and knowledgeable staff, who take the time to listen to their concerns and provide excellent customer service.
Guilford Eye Center
1323 New Garden Rd, Greensboro, NC 27410
The extensive eye exams and professional doctors earn high praise in reviews of this eye care center. Patients describe caring staff who go the extra mile, making visits a positive experience. Satisfied customers happily refer friends and family for the excellent customer service and care.
- Extensive and thorough eye exams provided by Dr. Thurman
- Caring and compassionate staff who go above and beyond for their patients
- Positive experience with comprehensive eye exams and a recommendation to friends and family
Stanton Optical (Formerly MyEyelab)
794 S Main St Suite C, Kernersville, NC 27284
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, professional staff, efficient service, and clean facilities. However, some patients report issues with inaccurate prescriptions, customer service, and insurance claims processing. While they deliver a quality experience to many, inconsistencies exist that impact service for some patients.
- Same-day appointments available: Many reviewers mentioned that they were able to schedule a same-day appointment, which is convenient for those who need an eye exam quickly.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff for being friendly, professional, and patient. They felt well taken care of and appreciated the assistance in choosing glasses frames.
- Clean and welcoming environment: Several reviewers mentioned that the eye care center had a clean and pleasant atmosphere, making their visit more enjoyable.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in North Carolina
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in North Carolina experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in North Carolina, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in North Carolina
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in North Carolina.
- The The percentage of people in North Carolina with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was more than twice as high as the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In North Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.03%) compared to the overall population (5.39%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.64%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in North Carolina
- In North Carolina, 5.39% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in North Carolina
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.6% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.59% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in North Carolina face even higher rates at 8.02%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in North Carolina
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in North Carolina.
- 11.6% of those with diabetes and 8.03% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in North Carolina
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.9% of children in North Carolina having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.66% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in North Carolina
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.39% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in North Carolina.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.