Best LASIK Surgeon In Webster, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 93 LASIK Surgeons in Webster, NY, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 1086 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Webster.
Cornerstone Eye Associates LASIK Center
2300 Buffalo Rd Building 700, Westgate, NY 14624
The reviews for the lasik surgeon practice are overwhelmingly positive. Patients mentioned that the staff is friendly and caring, with great knowledge and expertise. The procedures were described as quick, painless, and informative. The surgeons were highly recommended and the results were life-changing for many patients.
- Friendly and caring staff: The reviews consistently mention the staff being friendly, patient, and helpful. This creates a positive and comfortable environment for patients.
- Knowledgeable and skilled doctors: The surgeons at this practice are highly knowledgeable and skilled in their field. They have the expertise to answer questions, explain procedures, and provide reassurance to patients.
- Efficient and quick procedures: Many reviews highlight the efficiency of the practice, with patients mentioning quick and painless procedures. This indicates that the practice values the patients' time and strives for a smooth and streamlined experience.
Rochester Eye And Laser Center
30 N Union St # 101, Rochester, NY 14607
The lasik surgeon practice at Rochester Eye and Laser Center receives consistently positive reviews from patients. Many reviewers highlight the knowledgeable and friendly staff, praising their professionalism and thorough care. The surgeons are highly recommended for their expertise, and the practice is commended for its clean and welcoming environment.
- The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and professional.
- The practice offers thorough and comprehensive eye exams.
- They provide a warm and supportive environment, making patients feel comfortable and cared for.
Cornerstone Eye Associates
485 Titus Ave, Rochester, NY 14617
The positive reviews about the lasik surgeon practice highlight the friendly and helpful customer service provided by the staff. Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the surgeons, particularly Dr. Park and Dr. Hanuch, praising their competence and professionalism. The overall experience is described as efficient, organized, and successful, with patients achieving improved vision after cataract surgery or lasik procedures.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviews mention the helpful and patient customer service provided by Cornerstone Eye Associates. They are accommodating and willing to exchange frames, provide free adjustments, and offer a reasonable exchange policy, ensuring customers are satisfied with their purchase.
- Experienced and competent surgeons: Several reviews specifically praise Dr. Park and Dr. Hanuch for their expertise and professionalism. Patients feel confident in their abilities and trust them with their eye surgeries, such as cataract surgeries, LASIK, and cornea replacements.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at Cornerstone Eye Associates is consistently described as friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. They create a warm and welcoming environment, making patients feel comfortable throughout their visits. The staff also goes above and beyond to provide excellent customer service, exceeding expectations.
1678 Empire Blvd, Webster, NY 14580
Overall, most of the positive reviews for Robbins Eye are centered around the successful results of lasik surgery. Patients express gratitude for improved vision and the ability to ditch glasses and contacts. They also appreciate the friendly and professional staff.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers praised the staff at Robbins Eye for their friendliness and professionalism, making the experience enjoyable and comfortable.
- Successful LASIK results: Multiple reviewers reported having successful LASIK surgeries at Robbins Eye, with improved vision surpassing their expectations. They expressed satisfaction with the procedure and recommended it to others.
- Patient-centered care: The practice was commended for providing comprehensive care throughout the entire LASIK process. Reviewers appreciated the thorough explanations, support, and follow-up care they received from the doctors and staff.
- Overall, Robbins Eye seems to have a reputation for delivering positive experiences, successful outcomes, and patient-focused care.
Flaum Eye Institute Lasik
UR Medicine Labs – Strong Mem Hospital, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY 14642
The positive reviews highlight the fantastic results of the lasik surgery performed by Flaum Eye Institute. Patients express their happiness with being able to see without glasses or contacts and mention that the staff is professional and attentive. They also appreciate the thoroughness of the consultations and the comprehensive information provided.
- Thoroughness and comprehensive consultations: The practice provides thorough, comprehensive consultations that include measurements, mapping the surface of the eye, and explaining the nature of aberrations. Patients appreciate the level of information presented to them.
- Professional and attentive staff: Reviews consistently mention the professionalism, patience, and attentiveness of the staff members. Patients feel confident in the abilities and recommendations of the practice.
- Excellent results: Multiple reviews express satisfaction with the results of the LASIK surgery. Patients report improved vision and the ability to see without the need for glasses or contacts, with some stating that it was like they never wore glasses at all.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article