Best LASIK Surgeon In Syracuse, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Syracuse LASIK Surgeons in Syracuse, Syracuse, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Syracuse reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Syracuse.
100 King St W #120, Toronto, ON M5X 2A1, Canada
The lasik surgeon and staff offer an exceptional patient experience with their expertise and caring approach. Clients feel informed and at ease with the thorough consultations. Many report smooth, rapid recoveries and rave about the practice's skilled surgeons and friendly team.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff who provide excellent service
- Experienced and empathetic surgeons who guide patients throughout the entire procedure
- Seamless and organized process that is quick and relatively painless, with excellent results
12 Corporate Woods Blvd, Albany, NY 12211
LasikPlus receives consistently positive reviews for their friendly and professional staff, quick and easy procedures, and impressive results. Patients report clear, improved vision the day after surgery with minimal discomfort. Most describe the LASIK experience as transformative and worthwhile.
- Quick and easy procedure with minimal discomfort
- Professional and knowledgeable staff that make patients feel comfortable and at ease
- Life-changing results with 20/20 or better vision, and affordable pricing options available
The LASIK Vision Institute
4927 Main St, Amherst, NY 14226
The Lasik Vision Institute receives consistent positive feedback for their friendly, professional staff and supportive care throughout the Lasik procedure. Patients report minimal discomfort during surgery and quick results. From initial consultation to recovery, patients have an overwhelmingly positive experience. The Lasik Vision Institute is a top recommendation for those considering Lasik eye surgery.
- Highly informed, welcoming, and attentive staff that makes patients feel comfortable and important throughout the entire process.
- Quick, painless, and effective LASIK procedures that have life-changing results, with knowledgeable and accommodating doctors who make sure patients are informed and reassured.
- Affordable financing options, thorough consultations, and extensive post-operative care that focus on patient safety and satisfaction, with positive and supportive interactions with the entire staff.
100 Princess St, Kingston, ON K7L 1A7, Canada
The Lasik MD team in Kingston provides an excellent patient experience. Their knowledgeable, professional, and kind staff, including Michelle, Virginia, Dr. Porier, and Dr. Chen, guide patients through a fast, relatively painless procedure that often achieves 20/20 vision the very next day. Follow-up care is similarly outstanding.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff who make patients feel safe and comfortable throughout the process.
- Amazing results and life-changing experience, such as improved vision quality and freedom from glasses or contacts.
- Professionalism, efficiency, and excellent customer service, from the initial consultation to the follow-up appointments.
The LASIK Vision Institute
1304 Buckley Rd # 301, Syracuse, NY 13212
The lasik surgery practice receives mixed feedback. Patients report positive experiences with skilled surgeons and friendly staff who provide helpful information. The procedure is quick and painless for many. However, some patients raise concerns about poor communication, canceled appointments, inadequate staffing, hair loss, rushed visits, and subpar post-operative care.
- Experienced and friendly doctor who made the procedure quick and painless.
- Courteous and informative staff who talked patients through the process and answered all questions.
- Virtual consultation option with a knowledgeable and professional representative.
Cornerstone Eye Associates
485 Titus Ave, Rochester, NY 14617
Cornerstone Eye Associates patients report high satisfaction with Dr. Park's surgical skills and professional manner. Multiple reviews commend the staff for their friendliness and expertise. Many share positive experiences with cataract and Lasik procedures, noting the ease of surgery and quick recovery time.
- Highly skilled and competent doctors, such as Dr. Park and Dr. Hanuch, who have successfully performed cataract surgeries and PRK procedures.
- Excellent customer service with friendly and knowledgeable staff members, who went above and beyond to offer support and care for their patients, such as providing wheelchairs and extended contact supplies during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Efficient and easy LASIK and cataract surgery experiences with clear communication and thorough explanation of procedure and post-op care, resulting in improved vision and life-changing results for many patients.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
9 Vista Blvd Suite 201, Slingerlands, NY 12159
Patients consistently describe the staff at TLC Laser Eye Centers as professional and friendly. Many share stories of life-changing vision improvement through LASIK surgery, with 20/20 vision achieved or enhanced. Patients report the procedure as quick and painless. While some mention long waits or surprise fees, most recommend TLC and compliment the knowledgeable, caring doctors and staff.
- Excellent outcomes with patients achieving 20/20 vision or better.
- Friendly and professional staff with great patient care and comfort.
- Straightforward process with the procedure being fast, painless, and efficient, with efficient follow-up care.
Cornerstone Eye Associates
160 Sawgrass Dr #220, Rochester, NY 14620
Patients speak highly of Dr. Greenberg and Dr. Haunch's professionalism and bedside manner at this lasik surgeon practice. Their patience and kindness are frequently noted in reviews, along with the friendly office staff and reasonable pricing. Numerous former patients recommend this practice after having successful procedures.
- Professional and friendly staff
- Experienced doctors who take the time to explain procedures and answer questions
- Successful surgery results with improved vision and highly recommended by other doctors and hospitals.
Cornea and Laser Eye Institute
300 Frank W Burr Blvd, Teaneck, NJ 07666
Patients consistently praise the lasik surgeon practice for the expertise and care of Drs. Greenstein and Gelles. Their LASIK procedures have significantly improved vision, even for patients with complex conditions. The friendly staff provide exceptional support throughout the process. Many patients say the surgery changed their lives and enthusiastically recommend the practice.
- Specializes in treating keratoconus and has a high success rate in stopping its progression.
- Doctors and staff are knowledgeable, friendly, and caring, and take the time to explain procedures and answer questions.
- Offers a range of advanced treatments and corrective lenses, including scleral lenses and Lasik surgery, with excellent results.
Acuity Laser Eye & Vision Center - Scranton
4 Meadow Ave suite a, Scranton, PA 18505
Dr. Vale of Acuity Laser Eye & Vision Center receives glowing reviews for his LASIK procedures, with many patients citing successful outcomes of 20/15 or 20/20 vision post-surgery. Patients commend the comprehensive care provided by Dr. Vale and staff. The practice is known for affordability and accommodating patient schedules. Numerous satisfied patients enthusiastically recommend Dr. Vale for LASIK and other vision corrections.
- Patients rave about their improved vision after getting LASIK surgery from Dr. Vale.
- Dr. Vale and his staff are described as professional, knowledgeable, and thorough in their examinations and follow-up care.
- Acuity Laser Eye & Vision Center offers affordable pricing for quality LASIK and has a highly trained team that is capable of handling any questions or concerns patients may have.
LasikPlus: Dr. Leon Aleksandrovich
351 Evelyn St Suite 301, Paramus, NJ 07652
Patients consistently compliment the knowledgeable, friendly staff. They appreciate the surgeons' expertise, reassurance and exceptional service. Many report a quick, painless procedure with clear vision the next day. Some note reasonable pricing and no pressure sales tactics. Patients strongly recommend this practice for the great experience and life-changing results.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff
- Quick and painless procedures
- Caring and gentle bedside manner of the surgeons and staff
Acuity Laser Eye and Vision Center-Affiliated Practice
8 S Main St, Mansfield, PA 16933
Dr. Vale is a highly experienced LASIK surgeon at Acuity Vision who has performed over 25,000 procedures since 1994. Patients compliment his communication skills and thorough explanations of pricing options. His well-trained staff utilizes current technologies to support excellent diagnoses and vision care. Many patients have achieved great outcomes and are satisfied with their vision post-surgery.
- Dr. Vale has over 25,000 surgeries since 1994, making him the most experienced surgeon in the area.
- The staff and doctor are well-trained and thorough in their explanation of everything, making patients feel well taken care of.
- Dr. Vale breaks down the price options in the consultation, and his office staff is patient with questions during the consultation, ensuring that patients are well-informed about the cost of the procedure.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.