Best LASIK Surgeon In Rochester, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 105 LASIK Surgeons in Rochester, NY, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 6085 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Rochester.
Cornerstone Eye Associates LASIK Center
2300 Buffalo Rd Building 700, Westgate, NY 14624
Patients had great experiences with Cornerstone Eye Associates for various eye procedures, including Lasik and cataract surgeries. The staff was professional, friendly, and informative, answering all questions and concerns. Procedures were painless and effective, resulting in improved vision without glasses or contacts. Drs. Qian, Hanuch, and Park received high praise for their skills, compassion, and ability to put patients at ease. Patients highly recommended Cornerstone Eye Associates for those seeking quality eye care.
- Quick, painless procedures with knowledgeable, professional, and friendly staff.
- Highly skilled doctors with great results, especially for cataract and laser surgeries.
- Thorough consultations, excellent follow-up care, and informative and compassionate staff who listen to patient concerns and needs.
100 King St W #120, Toronto, ON M5X 2A1, Canada
Patients highly recommend the Lasik MD clinic, commenting that the staff was professional, knowledgeable, empathetic and friendly throughout their experience. Surgeons such as Dr. Hakim and Dr. Lloyd were praised for their expertise, reassuring manner during surgery, and for guiding patients through the procedure every step of the way. Patients were generally very pleased with their improved vision post-surgery and noted that recovery was smooth and relatively painless. Overall, patients highly recommend Lasik MD as the best decision they made for their eyes.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff, including the surgeons
- Thorough and helpful explanations of the procedure and post-operative care
- Quick and painless procedure with great results, including improved vision and no dry eye concerns
TLC Laser Eye Centres
2345 Yonge St #212, Toronto, ON M4P 2E5, Canada
TLC Laser Eye Centres has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients are highly satisfied with the experience, from the initial consultation to post-operative care. Staff members are described as welcoming and informative, and the surgical team is skilled and considerate. Many patients report life-changing results and a fast, painless procedure. Patients appreciate the professionalism and organization of the clinic, and trust Dr. David Rootman to provide excellent service. However, there are a few negative reviews from patients who experienced issues with their surgery or found communication lacking. Overall, patients highly recommend TLC Laser Eye Centres for anyone seeking a LASIK procedure.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff who answer all questions and make patients feel comfortable and taken care of.
- Quick and easy procedure with amazing results, giving patients clear vision even without glasses or contacts.
- Thorough pre-op and post-op consultations, including testing and education on different treatment options and aftercare, ensuring the best possible outcome for patients.
TLC Laser Eye Centres
2201 Bristol Cir Suite 200, Oakville, ON L6H 0J8, Canada
Customers rave about the professionalism, comfort, and efficiency of TLC Laser Eye Centers and the expertise of the surgeons. Most describe feeling at ease during the procedure, with staff making every effort to ensure a smooth and painless experience. Advanced technology and detailed communication throughout the process are other commonly mentioned benefits. Post-surgery follow-up is also noted as a positive aspect of TLC's service. However, some reviewers report issues with scheduling and wait times, while others had more painful post-op experiences.
- Professional and caring staff who made patients feel comfortable and informed throughout the process.
- Highly skilled surgeons who delivered outstanding results, leaving patients with perfect vision and no complications.
- Calming and relaxing environment resembling a spa, clean facilities and convenient location with lots of free parking.
The LASIK Vision Institute
4927 Main St, Amherst, NY 14226
The Lasik Vision Institute has many positive reviews from satisfied clients. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and thorough, and clients feel comfortable and well-informed throughout the process. The surgery is quick and painless, with almost immediate results, and clients often recommend the institute to their friends and family. The financing options are affordable, and the procedure is life-changing. There are a few negative reviews, but they are few and far between, with the vast majority of clients highly satisfied with their experience.
- Excellent staff who are friendly, knowledgeable, and make patients feel valued.
- Quick and painless procedure that delivers immediate life-changing results.
- Thorough and informative consultations with optometrists and surgeons who explain the process step by step and answer all patient concerns.
The LASIK Vision Institute
1304 Buckley Rd # 301, Syracuse, NY 13212
The Lasik surgeon practice has received mixed reviews, but there are some positive comments about the surgery. Patients appreciate the quickness of the procedure, and staff are courteous and informative. Dr. Craig F. Beyer has been described as experienced, friendly, and professional. Some patients have had issues with communication and staffing problems, resulting in cancelled appointments, but others have found the front desk girl to be extremely nice and a true example of a phenomenal employee.
- Experienced and friendly doctor (Dr. Craig F. Beyer, D.O.)
- Quick procedure with numb eyes and informative staff
- Virtual consultation provided by kind, friendly and professional staff
Bochner Eye Institute
40 Prince Arthur Ave, Toronto, ON M5R 1A9, Canada
The Lasik surgery practice has received multiple positive reviews. Patients have expressed satisfaction with the expertise of the surgeons, the quick and painless procedures, and the improved vision achieved after the surgeries. The staff members are found to be professional, caring, and compassionate. Negative comments are mainly about the administrative staff's communication and appointment booking, but otherwise, the overall experience with the practice was positive.
- Thorough initial consultation and prompt email communication with staff.
- Quick and painless surgeries with highly professional and knowledgeable doctors and surgical team.
- Ability to correct various vision issues with a variety of procedures and lenses, resulting in life-changing outcomes for patients.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article