Best LASIK Surgeon In Oceanside, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Oceanside LASIK Surgeons in Oceanside, Oceanside, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Oceanside reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Oceanside.
The LASIK Vision Institute
16 Court St Suite 801, Brooklyn, NY 11241
Patients report good results and improved vision after undergoing LASIK surgery at this practice. Patients describe the staff and doctors as friendly, professional, and attentive in answering questions and addressing concerns. Many express satisfaction with the efficient procedure and positive overall experience.
- Excellent Results: Multiple reviewers mentioned achieving excellent vision results, with some experiencing 20/10 vision. This indicates a high level of success and satisfaction with the surgery.
- Friendly and Supportive Staff: Many reviewers praised the friendly and accommodating staff. They felt welcomed, reassured, and well taken care of throughout the entire process, from consultations to post-operative appointments.
- Efficient and Quick Procedure: Several reviewers highlighted the efficient and quick nature of the LASIK procedure. The surgery itself was described as fast and painless, with a short recovery time. This suggests a well-organized and streamlined process for patients.
14 Hope St Suite 2, Brooklyn, NY 11211
Patients highlight the lasik surgeon's efficient procedures and attentive staff. Many experience improved vision soon after surgery. Patients are grateful for the friendly, professional, and knowledgeable staff who provide reassurance and answer questions. Overall, patients appreciate the life-changing results and positive experience at the clinic.
- Quick and efficient procedure: Many reviewers mentioned that the lasik procedure was quick and easy, with minimal discomfort. Some even reported immediate improvement in their vision.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently praised the friendly and professional staff at the lasik surgeon practice. They felt well taken care of, with their questions and concerns thoroughly addressed.
- Life-changing results: Numerous reviewers expressed their satisfaction and happiness with the outcome of their lasik surgery. They experienced improved vision and felt liberated from the burden of glasses and contact lenses.
- Note: These pros are based on the majority of positive reviews and may not reflect the experience of every individual.
OCLI Vision Garden City
711 Stewart Ave Suite 160, Garden City, NY 11530
The lasik surgeon's patients remark on their professionalism and thorough explanations. Their staff promptly returns calls and addresses concerns. Patients feel they receive excellent care from knowledgeable doctors and friendly staff.
- Efficient and professional office: The practice is well-run, with efficient phone call response times and attentive staff who address concerns and explain everything during visits.
- Excellent doctors: Many reviewers specifically mention the skill and knowledge of the doctors, with Dr. Donnenfeld and Dr. Mariani receiving high praise for their expertise and ability to listen and explain procedures.
- Minimal wait times: Several reviewers note that the wait times at the practice were minimal, with prompt appointments and calls being answered quickly. This demonstrates efficiency and respect for patients' time.
The LASIK Vision Institute
200 Garden City Plaza Suite 130, Garden City, NY 11530
Patients generally had a positive experience at this lasik surgery practice, citing the comfortable, quick procedure and friendly, knowledgeable staff. Specific staff like Dr. P and Irene were praised for exceptional care. A few negative reviews mentioned one rude doctor and problems with the lifetime guarantee, but most still recommended the practice.
- Highly recommended with efficient and kind staff
- Quick and easy surgery with excellent customer service
- Knowledgeable and accommodating staff, with good communication about procedures and appointments
Dello Russo Laser Vision
1755 York Ave, New York, NY 10128
Patients were very satisfied with their lasik experience, commending the professional and friendly staff for their thorough consultations. Patients reported life-changing vision improvements and no longer needing glasses. The skilled surgeons helped patients achieve excellent results.
- Exceptional results and great customer service: Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the results of their surgery, noting that they now have perfect or 20/20 vision. They also praise the professionalism and attentiveness of the staff, making the overall experience positive and comfortable.
- State-of-the-art technology and facilities: Multiple reviews mention the advanced equipment and technology used at Dello Russo Laser Vision. This gives potential patients confidence in the quality of the surgical procedures and the precision of the treatments.
- Fast, pain-free, and life-changing procedure: Several reviewers emphasize the quick and painless nature of the surgery. They describe the procedure as life-changing and express their gratitude for being able to eliminate the need for glasses or contacts. This highlights the effectiveness of the surgeon and the positive impact the surgery has had on their lives.
Stahl Eyecare Experts - Garden City Office
450 Endo Blvd, Garden City, NY 11530
The positive reviews of this lasik surgeon praise the proficiency and attentiveness of the staff, and the skill and care of the doctors. Patients value the expedient yet meticulous service, and the congenial, well-informed personnel. Many loyal patients rely on these doctors year after year for their vision care needs.
- Dr. Chang is confident and honest, providing a sense of trust and reassurance to patients.
- The staff at Stahl Eyecare is professional, caring, and efficient, ensuring quick service and a pleasant experience.
- Dr. Sun is thorough, knowledgeable, and caring, making patients feel comfortable and addressing all of their questions and concerns.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.