Best LASIK Surgeon In Cheektowaga, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Cheektowaga LASIK Surgeons in Cheektowaga, Cheektowaga, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Cheektowaga reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Cheektowaga.
100 King St W #120, Toronto, ON M5X 2A1, Canada
Patients consistently commend this lasik practice for its friendly staff, prompt appointments, and educational consultations. Numerous reviews cite the speedy, painless surgery yielding excellent vision. Patients specifically appreciated the skill and bedside manner of Drs. Hakim and Lloyd. Overall, patients strongly endorse this practice, with many stating lasik here was their best decision.
- Friendly and informative staff: Multiple reviewers mention the friendly and helpful staff, making patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process.
- Quick and efficient procedure: Many reviewers highlight the speedy and efficient nature of the surgery, emphasizing the seamless and painless experience. The quick recovery time is also praised.
- Excellent surgeons: Several reviewers specifically give praise to the surgeons, mentioning their expertise, thorough explanations, and calming presence during the procedure. Surgeons like Dr. Lloyd and Dr. Hakim are mentioned as being particularly skilled and attentive.
- Overall, the pros of this lasik surgeon practice include friendly and informative staff, quick and efficient procedures, and excellent surgeons.
The LASIK Vision Institute
4927 Main St, Amherst, NY 14226
The lasik surgeon receives consistently positive reviews for their professionalism, attentiveness, and reasonable pricing. Patients report quick, painless procedures and quality support from knowledgeable staff. This practice comes highly recommended.
- Professional and attentive staff: The reviews consistently mention that the staff at this lasik surgeon practice is professional, attentive, and friendly. They make the patients feel comfortable and well-informed throughout the entire process.
- Affordable pricing and financing options: Many reviewers mention that the pricing for the procedure was reasonable, and the practice offers financing plans with low monthly payments and no interest. This makes it more accessible for those who want to get the procedure done but may have concerns about the cost.
- Quick and painless procedure: Multiple reviews highlight that the lasik procedure at this practice was quick, often lasting less than 15 minutes, and painless. The staff takes their time to explain each step, ensuring that patients feel informed and comfortable throughout the procedure. Some reviewers even experienced immediate results with near-perfect vision shortly after the surgery.
Fichte, Endl, & Elmer Eyecare
2825 Niagara Falls Blvd Suite 130, Amherst, NY 14228
The lasik surgeon practice receives positive reviews for the professionalism and effectiveness of their doctors. Patients comment on the thorough and attentive care, with thoughtful answers to all questions. The SMILE procedure is noted for its efficiency and minimal discomfort. Knowledgeable staff in the optical department provide personalized and fashionable glasses. Overall, the practice is regarded for expertise and dedication to patient-centered care.
- Extensive experience and expertise: Fichte Endl and Elmer have been performing lasik surgeries for over 20 years, indicating a high level of experience and knowledge in the field.
- Comprehensive care: The practice offers comprehensive eye care, including procedures like PRK, Lasik, and SMILE, as well as routine eye exams and treatments for various eye conditions. They strive to provide excellent care and address individual patient needs.
- Positive patient experiences: Many patients have reported positive experiences with the doctors at Fichte Endl and Elmer. They have praised the professionalism, expertise, and attentiveness of the doctors, as well as the effectiveness of the procedures.
Bochner Eye Institute
40 Prince Arthur Ave, Toronto, ON M5R 1A9, Canada
The Bochner Eye Institute receives mostly positive reviews for their knowledgeable and friendly staff, detailed guidance, successful procedures, and vision improvements. Patients recommend them for LASIK, ICL, cross-linking, cataracts, and more, citing professional service and transformative outcomes with quick recovery times.
- Thorough initial consultation and clear communication: The lasik surgeon practice is praised for providing a thorough initial consultation, addressing any anxiety or questions, and explaining the process in detail. This helps patients feel informed and comfortable before their surgery.
- Competent and kind surgeon and nurses: The surgeon and nurses are highly praised for their kindness, competency, and efforts to ensure patient comfort during the procedure. This instills confidence in the surgical team and creates a positive experience for patients.
- Life-changing results: Many patients report excellent results from the lasik surgery, with improved vision and the ability to see without glasses or contacts. This indicates successful outcomes and validates the effectiveness of the surgeon's expertise.
6800 Morrison St unit 4, Niagara Falls, ON L2E 6Z8, Canada
LASIK Provision in Niagara Falls is lauded for their professional and friendly staff, superb aftercare, and Dr. Taylor's surgical expertise. Numerous patients report successful procedures and satisfying outcomes. The practice excels in prompt, informative customer service.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at the practice being friendly and professional, creating a fantastic experience for patients.
- Terrific after-care: One review highlights the practice's excellent after-care service, indicating that patients receive thorough and attentive care even after the surgery.
- Positive surgical outcomes: Many reviews express satisfaction with the results of the surgery, with patients reporting improved vision and a reduction in the need for glasses or contacts.
Flaum Eye Institute Lasik
UR Medicine Labs – Strong Mem Hospital, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY 14642
The lasik surgeon receives consistently positive feedback for their professional and attentive staff, smooth consultations and procedures, and satisfactory surgical outcomes. Patients report a convenient check-in process, thoughtful consultations that only recommend surgery when beneficial, and skilled surgeons who deliver successful procedures. Many express happiness with their results and recommend this practice for those considering lasik.
- Thorough consultations and seminars: The practice offers comprehensive seminars and one-on-one consultations that provide detailed information about LASIK, including the history, technology, and process involved. This allows potential patients to make an informed decision about whether LASIK is right for them.
- Knowledgeable and attentive staff: Reviewers consistently mention the professionalism, knowledge, and attentiveness of the staff members at the practice. They feel confident in the abilities and recommendations of the staff, which is crucial when considering a procedure as important as LASIK.
- Satisfying results and post-operative care: Many patients express satisfaction with the results of their LASIK surgery at the practice. They appreciate the convenience of not needing glasses or contacts anymore and report improved vision. Additionally, they mention positive experiences with the follow-up appointments and post-operative care provided by the practice.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.