Best LASIK Surgeon In Brooklyn, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Brooklyn LASIK Surgeons in Brooklyn, Brooklyn, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Brooklyn reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Brooklyn.
The LASIK Vision Institute
16 Court St Suite 801, Brooklyn, NY 11241
The lasik surgeon receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for quick, painless procedures and friendly staff. Many patients report improved vision and recommend the practice. However, some cite staff disorganization, poor customer service, and a single negative surgical experience.
- Highly recommended for their successful lasik surgeries with long-lasting results, even up to 9 years later.
- Staff members like Jada and Klelya are knowledgeable, friendly, and caring, making the entire process from consultation to post-op follow-up as comfortable and stress-free as possible for patients.
- Most surgeries were quick and efficient, taking less than 10 minutes, and the staff provided thorough explanations and instructions throughout the process. They also accommodated patients' busy schedules and answered any questions or concerns they had.
14 Hope St Suite 2, Brooklyn, NY 11211
Patients describe the LasikPlus center in Brooklyn's kind, professional staff and quick, efficient procedures very positively. While some patients experienced temporary burning pain, most found the surgery itself painless. Many patients achieved better than 20/20 vision and enthusiastically recommend the center. One patient cited issues with rushed treatment, blurry vision, and night glare.
- Quick and efficient procedure with little to no pain during and after the surgery.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff who are patient and helpful in addressing any concerns or questions.
- Life-changing results with improved vision and ability to see without glasses or contacts.
Dello Russo Laser Vision
1755 York Ave, New York, NY 10128
Dello Russo Laser Vision patients report an excellent experience, from professional yet friendly staff to state-of-the-art facilities. The Lasik procedure is efficient and effective, with most patients achieving 20/20 vision. Many patients recommend Dello Russo to friends and family, grateful for the care received through surgery and recovery.
- Professional, state-of-the-art facility with knowledgeable and caring staff.
- Quick and painless procedure with excellent results, including improved vision and freedom from glasses or contacts.
- Highly recommended by satisfied patients for exceptional service, friendly staff, and life-changing results.
Dello Russo Laser Vision
385 Atlantic Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217
Patients consistently report positive experiences with the friendly and professional staff at Dello Russo Laser Vision. Their lasik procedures are quick, painless, and deliver life-changing vision improvements for most. Highly recommended for those considering lasik.
- Quick and painless surgery process
- Friendly and informative staff
- Excellent post-operation care and support
211 E 70th St, New York, NY 10021
Dr. Mandel receives consistently positive feedback for his professionalism and excellent vision results. His accommodating staff support patients through the entire process. Most experience quick, painless recoveries and improved vision. However, it's important to find a surgeon who makes you comfortable, as one patient felt rushed.
- Dr. Mandel and his team provide exceptional, professional care and are knowledgeable and thorough in explaining the procedure and answering any questions.
- Patients report highly successful outcomes with improved vision, often exceeding their expectations.
- The staff at Mandel Vision are accommodating, welcoming, and reassuring, making patients feel at ease throughout the process. They provide detailed after-care instructions and are accessible for any concerns or questions following the surgery.
Dello Russo Laser Vision
1979 Marcus Ave Ste C111, New Hyde Park, NY 11042
Patients consistently describe the excellent service and results at Dello Russo Laser Vision. The professional, knowledgeable staff, including Dr. Ahmed and Dr. Jeffrey Dello Russo, are attentive and caring. Patients report easy, painless procedures and quality follow-up care. Many share life-changing benefits from their LASIK surgery and recommend the practice for vision correction needs. The rare negative reviews relate to scheduling or payments, not care quality.
- Skilled and experienced surgeons: Dr. Jeffrey Dello Russo and his team are highly skilled and experienced in LASIK surgery, PRK, and other corrective eye surgeries, as evidenced by the numerous positive reviews praising their work and results.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Patients consistently mention that the staff at Dello Russo Laser Vision are attentive, knowledgeable, and willing to answer any questions or concerns they may have about the procedure.
- Life-changing results: Many patients report significant improvements in their vision following their procedures, with some even achieving better than 20/20 vision. The majority of patients seem to be highly satisfied with their results and recommend Dello Russo Laser Vision to others considering corrective eye surgery.
Park Avenue LASEK
102 E 25th St, New York, NY 10010
Park Ave LASEK is a popular laser eye surgery choice, with positive reviews praising its non-cutting LASEK method. Patients describe Dr. Chynn and his team as highly skilled, knowledgeable, reassuring, and professional. Most reported significant vision improvements and freedom from glasses and contacts. However, some expressed concerns about staff professionalism and perceived pressure to provide 5-star reviews for discounts.
- Dr. Chynn is highly skilled and experienced, having performed thousands of procedures and invented the non-cutting LASEK technique.
- The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, providing great customer service and helpful instructions for recovery.
- LASEK is a safer alternative to LASIK and can provide life-changing vision improvement, as evidenced by numerous satisfied patients.
NY LASIK - L&MI
1301 Avenue J, Brooklyn, NY 11230
Patients visiting this practice found the staff friendly, professional, and efficient, with short wait times. Multiple patients recommended Drs. Szlechter, Mogil, Appleman, and Bley for their expertise, skill, compassion, and quality care. Overall, reviews indicate attentive customer service and satisfied patients.
- The doctors and staff are knowledgeable, professional, friendly, and caring.
- The office is well-organized, clean, and spacious.
- The wait times are reasonable, the doctors are thorough and take their time to explain everything, and the service is efficient with up-to-date and high-tech equipment.
Kelly Vision Center
160 E 56th St, New York, NY 10022
Patients describe Dr. Kelly and the Kelly Vision Center team as professional, caring, and knowledgeable. They report quick healing, fast results, and comfort throughout the process. Many call their LASIK surgery life-changing, with crystal clear unaided vision. While a few experienced poor communication or unexpected expenses, most strongly recommend Dr. Kelly for LASIK candidates.
- Highly professional and caring staff, making you feel comfortable and relaxed during your visits;
- State-of-the-art technology and equipment, ensuring precise and effective procedures with excellent outcomes;
- Exceptional expertise, precision, and care of Dr. James Kelly that results in life-changing experiences and improved eyesight for patients.
Cliffside Cataract and LASIK Center. Richard E. Levine, MD. Board-Certified Cataract and LASIK Specialist
663 Palisade Ave #303, Cliffside Park, NJ 07010
Patients speak highly of Dr. Levine's professionalism, friendliness and expertise. Many have outstanding cataract and LASIK outcomes, including 20/20 vision without glasses or contacts. His thorough explanations and comforting bedside manner put patients at ease. The office runs efficiently with minimal wait times. While complaints are rare, a patient cited poor post-op care and another found Dr. Levine arrogant. Most patients give Dr. Levine their strongest recommendation.
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeon with the ability to perform extraordinary surgeries.
- Professional, courteous, and friendly staff that provides excellent and thorough care to patients.
- Quick, painless, and efficient service with outstanding results, resulting in improved vision for patients.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.