Best Eye Doctors In Plattsburgh, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Plattsburgh Optometrists in Plattsburgh, Plattsburgh, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Plattsburgh reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Plattsburgh.
Park Professional Eyecare
1250 Pelham Pkwy S, Bronx, NY 10461
Patients consistently praise this eye care center for its outstanding customer service, short wait times, thorough examinations by Dr. Paternoster, professional and friendly staff, clean and modern facilities, and wide selection of glasses. The majority of reviews are overwhelmingly positive, with many patients highly recommending this practice based on their satisfying experiences.
- Outstanding customer service and no waiting time - The front desk staff provides excellent customer service and there is no waiting time for appointments, ensuring a smooth and efficient experience for patients.
- Thorough and careful eye exam - Dr. Paternoster and the staff perform comprehensive and detailed eye exams, taking the time to address any concerns and provide clear explanations, ensuring patients receive the best eye care possible.
- Clean and sanitized environment - The office is described as modern, clean, and sanitized. The equipment is sanitized at every step, ensuring a safe and hygienic environment for patients.
Eye Care & Vision Associates
200 Sterling Dr Suite 300, Orchard Park, NY 14217
Patients appreciated the professionalism and attentiveness of the eye doctors and staff who conducted thorough exams with courtesy and competence.
- Courteous and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly, kind, and professional, which creates a positive atmosphere during visits.
- Thorough eye exams: There are several reviews that highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted by the doctors at this center. Patients feel that their exams are comprehensive and that the doctors take the time to explain the results.
- Competent doctors: Many reviews mention the knowledge and competence of the doctors at this eye care center. Patients feel confident in the care provided and highly recommend the doctors for eye care needs.
Eye D Vision Eye Care & OrthoK
2071 86th St, Brooklyn, NY 11214
Eye D Vision receives recommendations for their friendly staff, knowledgeable doctors, and efficient exam process. However, some experienced pressure to purchase, incorrect prescriptions, and delayed glasses delivery. Most reviewers report positive experiences and satisfaction with Eye D Vision's services.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and accommodating staff, providing a positive and comfortable experience during eye exams.
- Transparent pricing: Customers appreciate that the prices for services are communicated upfront, allowing them to budget and avoid any surprise bills at the end of their visit.
- Efficient and seamless process: Several reviews highlight the seamless and efficient process, from making appointments to the actual eye exam. Customers appreciate the quick service and little wait time.
Dr. Jacqueline W. Muller, M.D.
764 Park Ave, New York, NY 10021
Dr. Muller's patients commend her attentive care and clear explanations when treating eye conditions like dry eye. Her expertise enables many to find marked improvements. She earns consistent praise for patient education and for leading a professional, helpful staff.
- Thorough and efficient service: Many reviewers mentioned that Dr. Muller and her team take the time to thoroughly examine their eyes and explain their options. The office is described as efficient and focused on providing comprehensive care.
- Treatment beyond traditional eye exams: Several reviewers praised Dr. Muller for going beyond a traditional eye exam and addressing specific eye conditions such as dry eye syndrome. They appreciated her comprehensive approach and the range of treatments offered.
- Knowledgeable and attentive staff: Reviewers consistently mentioned the professionalism and knowledge of Dr. Muller's staff. They felt well cared for and appreciated the personalized attention they received throughout their visit.
83 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217
Milan Optique receives largely positive feedback for its extensive frame options, attentive staff, and efficient eye exams, with some customers noting thoughtful gifts. However, a few concerns were raised regarding communication around orders, exam thoroughness, and potentially misleading insurance/rebate information.
- Accepts a wide variety of insurances, making it convenient for customers to use their insurance for eye exams.
- Provides fast and informative eye exams, allowing customers to get the necessary information efficiently.
- Offers a wide selection of frames and lenses, ensuring customers can find the perfect match for their needs and style.
337 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11215
Park Optics eye care center earned positive reviews for thorough, patient eye exams by knowledgeable doctors and friendly, professional staff. Customers appreciated the wide frame selection, excellent customer service, and employees who went the extra mile to help.
- Knowledgeable and patient optometrists: Customers praise the doctors at Park Optics for their calm and gentle demeanor, as well as their patience with children during eye exams.
- Thorough eye examinations: Many reviews mention that the eye exams at Park Optics are thorough and detailed, with optometrists explaining what they are doing and seeing during the process.
- Excellent customer service: Customers appreciate the friendly and professional staff at Park Optics, who are helpful in explaining insurance coverage and assisting with frame selection.
Rochester Eye And Laser Center
30 N Union St # 101, Rochester, NY 14607
The eye care center is well regarded for its professional and caring staff, wide selection of frames, and quality vision care. While some customers experienced billing issues and insurance miscommunications, most reviewers expressed high satisfaction with the service, expertise of staff, and positive surgical outcomes they received.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews highlight the professionalism and knowledge of the staff members at the eye care center. They are described as patient, friendly, and capable, providing excellent eye care and making patients feel well taken care of.
- Variety of frames and beautiful selection: Customers appreciate the various options for frames available at the center, describing them as beautiful. Additionally, there is a buy one get one half off deal, which adds to the value for customers seeking new frames.
- Warm and supportive environment: Many customers mention the warm and supportive environment at the eye care center. From the greeting at the front desk to the interactions with technicians and doctors, the staff fosters a friendly and caring atmosphere.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New York
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New York experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New York, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New York
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New York.
- The The percentage of people in New York that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was significantly higher for those with diabetes, with a 12.1% rate compared to the overall rate of 5.41%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and The percentage of people in New York who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was higher than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.84%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New York
- In New York, 5.41% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New York
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.12% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.82% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New York face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New York
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New York.
- 12.1% of those with diabetes and 8.25% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New York
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.71% of children in New York having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.46% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New York
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.41% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New York.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.