Best Eye Doctors In Oneonta, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Oneonta Optometrists in Oneonta, Oneonta, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Oneonta reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Oneonta.
209 S Main St, Oneonta, NY 13820
Oneonta Optical provides knowledgeable, friendly service and thorough eye exams in a professional setting. Their attentive staff offers emergency repairs, fast new glasses, and excellent care. However, one review cited disappointing service from an older doctor and low-quality kids' frames. In general, Oneonta earns outstanding reviews for their personalized, quality vision care.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Customers praise the eye care center for providing thorough and comprehensive eye exams, making sure that their eye health is thoroughly and accurately assessed.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and knowledgeable staff, highlighting their willingness to go the extra mile and provide attentive and patient care.
- Prompt and efficient service: The eye care center is commended for their prompt and efficient service, with customers mentioning quick repairs of glasses, same-day eyewear replacements, and quick resolution of eye-related issues.
Walmart Vision & Glasses
5054 NY-23, Oneonta, NY 13820
The eye care center received mostly positive reviews for its professional and helpful staff, welcoming atmosphere, and assistance with eye exams and choosing eyewear. However, one customer was dissatisfied with not receiving their pupil measurement after a contact lens fitting. The majority recommend this customer-friendly center.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at this eye care center was kind, helpful, and professional. This creates a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere for patients.
- Assistance with frame selection: Several reviewers mention that the staff, particularly Kelly and June, were exceptionally helpful in selecting the perfect frames for their glasses. This indicates that the staff is knowledgeable and attentive to individual needs and preferences.
Franklin Eyewear LLC
5 1/2 Main St, Delhi, NY 13753
The Delhi eye care center is lauded for its friendly, knowledgeable staff, affordable prices, and wide frame selection. Patients highlight the professionalism and speed of service, with one reviewer noting the Catskill region's best prices. Dr. Luu garners acclaim for their professional, caring approach and expertise. The center's quick, efficient repair services also earn high marks.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
- Affordable prices and a wide selection of current frames.
- Professional, quick, and quality service.
5811 County Rd 32, Norwich, NY 13815
The Chenango Vision Center and Dr. Glenn Stein effectively treated an eye injury during the reviewer's vacation. Dr. Stein accurately diagnosed the issue and administered proper treatment, enabling a rapid recovery. The reviewer enthusiastically endorses the center's skilled, compassionate care, especially for those needing eye surgery.
- Skilled and attentive eye care: Reviewers praised the eye care center for their ability to accurately diagnose and treat eye issues, even ones that other doctors had been unable to figure out.
- Personalized and caring approach: Customers felt that they were treated as individuals rather than just numbers in an assembly line. The staff was described as professional and caring, making patients feel valued and prioritized.
- Effective treatment options: The eye care center offered effective treatment options, including coordinating efforts with other doctors if needed. Customers appreciated the results they obtained from the center's services, which helped them to maintain their vision and alleviate pain.
5370 NY-28, Cooperstown, NY 13326
This eye care center provides helpful, efficient service. They promptly fixed broken glasses even during vacation. Customers comment on reasonable prices and friendly staff. Their expertise makes them a recommended local option.
- Excellent customer service: Reviewers consistently mention the great staff and their positive experiences. This indicates that the eye care center has a friendly and helpful team that goes above and beyond to assist customers.
- Affordable prices: One specific reviewer states that they were provided with new frames for their son's broken glasses lens at a very inexpensive price. This suggests that the eye care center offers competitive pricing, making it an attractive option for those seeking affordable eye care services.
Oneonta Eye & Laser Center
1 Foxcare Dr Suite 100, Oneonta, NY 13820
The staff resolves lens scratch issues efficiently under warranty. Their accommodating service fosters an atmosphere of understanding.
- Accommodating staff: The eye care center has a very accommodating staff that is easy to work with, making the experience more pleasant.
- Understanding and quick response: The staff is understanding and quick to respond to issues, such as ordering new lenses under the scratch warranty. This ensures that customers receive prompt resolutions to their concerns.
Bassett Eye Clinic and Eyewear Center
1 Atwell Rd, Cooperstown, NY 13326
The eye care center received excellent reviews for their knowledgeable and friendly staff. Patients frequently cited comprehensive eye exams that left them satisfied. Many also appreciated the center's extensive selection of glasses and contacts.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Several reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly and knowledgeable. This can make the appointment and eye exam experience more comfortable and reassuring for potential patients.
- Comprehensive eye care services: Many reviewers appreciate the wide range of services offered at this eye care center, including eye exams, contact lens fittings, and specialized treatment options. This makes it convenient for patients to receive all their eye care needs in one place.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New York
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New York experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New York, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New York
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New York.
- The The percentage of people in New York that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was significantly higher for those with diabetes, with a 12.1% rate compared to the overall rate of 5.41%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and The percentage of people in New York who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was higher than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.84%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New York
- In New York, 5.41% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New York
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.12% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.82% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New York face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New York
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New York.
- 12.1% of those with diabetes and 8.25% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New York
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.71% of children in New York having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.46% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New York
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.41% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New York.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.