Best Eye Doctors In Olean, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Olean Optometrists in Olean, Olean, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Olean reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Olean.
Eye Care & Vision Associates
200 Sterling Dr Suite 300, Orchard Park, NY 14217
Dr. Campbell provides thorough eye exams and clear explanations of results, ensuring patients feel informed and at ease. The receptionist, technicians, and staff are praised for their kindness, empathy and professionalism. Patients undergoing cataract surgery with Dr. Campbell report satisfactory outcomes and improved vision.
- Dr. Campbell is knowledgeable and provides thorough explanations during eye exams.
- The staff at the eye care center, including Ms. Jan at the reception, are kind and empathetic.
- Dr. Campbell conducts thorough and accurate eye exams, particularly for individuals referred from other clinics.
Rochester Eye And Laser Center
30 N Union St # 101, Rochester, NY 14607
The center receives mostly positive feedback for its professional, knowledgeable staff and comprehensive eye exams, though some customers cite issues with billing and insurance communication. Overall it comes highly recommended for eye exams, surgery, and eyewear.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at the eye care center being professional, patient, knowledgeable, and friendly.
- Wide selection of frames: Customers appreciate the various and beautiful frames available at the center, with a specific mention of a buy one get one half off deal.
- Comprehensive eye care services: Reviewers mention having positive experiences with eye exams, field of vision tests, cataract surgery, LASIK surgery, contact fittings, and routine examinations at the center.
DC Family Eye Care
6421 W Quaker St, Orchard Park, NY 14127
This family-run optical office is well-reviewed for its attentive, caring service and helpful staff. Customers describe a welcoming atmosphere ideal for eye exams and selecting eyewear.
- Genuine product and care: Customers appreciate that this eye care center is a family-owned business that genuinely cares about their customers. They feel that this center prioritizes customer satisfaction and provides high-quality products and services.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly and helpful. This creates a positive and welcoming atmosphere for customers, making their experience more pleasant and comfortable.
Jason D. Sibble, OD
12 Martin, Wellsville, NY 14895
Dr. Sibble's expertise and polite manner are commonly noted by patients. Their willingness to address patient questions and concerns is also valued.
- Dr. Sibble is highly knowledgeable: Reviewers praise Dr. Sibble for being very knowledgeable about eye care and eye problems, ensuring that patients receive accurate and reliable information.
- Excellent communication: Patients appreciate Dr. Sibble's excellent communication skills, as he takes the time to explain any eye problems or concerns in a patient-friendly manner.
- Polite and courteous: Reviewers also highlight Dr. Sibble's polite and courteous demeanor, creating a comfortable and friendly atmosphere during eye exams and care sessions.
Tracy L. Ludden, OD
912 W State St, Olean, NY 14760
The eye care center was commended for their skilled, meticulous doctors and friendly, helpful staff, creating an enjoyable exam experience for many patients. However, some reviews cited long wait times and appointment challenges, indicating a need to improve efficiency and scheduling.
- Excellent and thorough eye examinations: Multiple reviews mention that the eye care center provides excellent and thorough eye examinations. This suggests that their optometrists are knowledgeable and take the time to thoroughly assess their patients' eye health.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Several reviews highlight the friendly and helpful staff at the eye care center. Having a welcoming and accommodating staff can make the overall experience of getting an eye exam and eye care more pleasant and comfortable.
- Wide range of eyewear options: A few reviews mention the eye care center's wide range of eyewear options. This indicates that they offer a diverse selection of frames and lenses, allowing customers to find the perfect fit and style for their eyewear needs.
Ellicottville Eye Care
2 Hughey Alley, Ellicottville, NY 14731
This eye care center is lauded for its knowledgeable and personable optometrists, with one patient noting their doctor's attentiveness to weak eye muscles. However, one customer did have an unsatisfactory experience with ill-fitting glasses and unaccommodating service. In general though, most speak highly of the friendly employees and reliable care, earning this office the favor of many local families.
- Knowledgeable and attentive eye doctor who ensures patient comfort and explains procedures.
- Pleasant staff with great customer service, making patients feel valued.
- Trusted and preferred choice for eye care, with a loyal and satisfied customer base.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New York
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New York experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New York, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New York
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New York.
- The The percentage of people in New York that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was significantly higher for those with diabetes, with a 12.1% rate compared to the overall rate of 5.41%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and The percentage of people in New York who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was higher than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.84%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New York
- In New York, 5.41% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New York
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.12% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.82% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New York face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New York
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New York.
- 12.1% of those with diabetes and 8.25% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New York
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.71% of children in New York having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.46% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New York
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.41% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New York.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.