Best Eye Doctors In New Hartford, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed New Hartford Optometrists in New Hartford, New Hartford, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze New Hartford reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in New Hartford.
Park Professional Eyecare
1250 Pelham Pkwy S, Bronx, NY 10461
Patients were impressed by the outstanding customer service, short wait times, and thorough eye exams by Dr. Paternoster at this highly recommended eye care center. The modern, clean office also earned praise for its friendly, professional staff.
- Outstanding customer service: The staff at this eye care center is highly attentive and provides excellent customer service, ensuring a smooth and efficient visit.
- Thorough and complete eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough and comprehensive, with the doctor taking the time to address any concerns and explain the results in a clear manner.
- Clean and modern office: The office is described as clean and modern, with state-of-the-art equipment. The staff also makes sure to sanitize the equipment at every step of the way, providing a safe and hygienic environment.
Eye Care & Vision Associates
200 Sterling Dr Suite 300, Orchard Park, NY 14217
The eye care center received positive feedback for its courteous, professional staff. Patients noted thorough eye exams and knowledgeable, skilled doctors - especially Dr. Campbell. The office staff earned appreciation for their kindness, understanding and empathy.
- Courteous and professional staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at the eye care center were kind, empathetic, and provided explanations throughout their exams.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Reviewers praised the doctors at the center for conducting thorough exams, explaining their findings, and providing good news. They also mentioned that the doctors were attentive and spent time to ensure better vision.
- Improved eyesight: Several reviewers mentioned that after cataract surgeries or other treatments at the center, their eyesight had greatly improved and they were happy with the results.
Eye D Vision Eye Care & OrthoK
2071 86th St, Brooklyn, NY 11214
Eye D Vision eye care center is appreciated for its friendly, professional staff and clean, attentive atmosphere. Doctors are commended for thorough, patient exams. While mostly positive, a negative review mentioned rushed service and sales pressure.
- Friendly and accommodating staff, providing excellent customer service throughout the whole eye exam process.
- Upfront pricing and options for services provided, allowing customers to budget and avoid surprise bills.
- Highly knowledgeable and attentive doctors, especially when it comes to children's eye exams.
New Hartford Eye Associates
8374 Seneca Turnpike, New Hartford, NY 13413
The eye care center has received overwhelmingly positive feedback for their knowledgeable and helpful staff, thorough eye exams, and use of modern technology like retinal imaging to replace dilation drops. However, one review cited issues with communication and office organization.
- The eye doctors at this eye care center are focused on patients' eye health and provide thorough and detailed eye exams.
- The staff is knowledgeable, helpful, and accommodating when it comes to utilizing insurance coverage and finding the best eye wear options.
- The office uses advanced technology, such as cameras for eye photos, reducing the need for dilation eye drops and improving the overall experience for patients.
Eye Care Center of Rome
1320 Floyd Ave, Rome, NY 13440
The Eye Care Center of Rome is lauded for its congenial, approachable staff, especially Drs. Vinci and Pierson. Patients compliment the doctors' professionalism, expertise, and dedication to explaining results and answering questions. The office runs smoothly, focusing on patients' needs and providing thorough, comforting care. Patients recommend this center for its skilled physicians, amiable team, and commitment to exceptional service.
- Friendly and personable staff who make patients feel relaxed and comfortable during eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors who explain everything in detail and are eager to answer patient's questions.
- Thorough and patient-centered care, particularly for individuals with special needs or disabilities.
Rochester Eye And Laser Center
30 N Union St # 101, Rochester, NY 14607
The Rochester Eye and Laser Center receives largely positive reviews for its professional, friendly, and knowledgeable staff. Patients note thorough eye exams and ample frame selections. However, some cite issues with billing clarity and costs. Still, most recommend this Center for comprehensive eye care and LASIK procedures.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at this eye care center are professional, knowledgeable, and provide excellent care. They feel well taken care of and appreciate the expertise of the optometrists and technicians.
- Variety of frames and buy one get one half off deal: Reviewers appreciate the wide selection of frames available at the center, describing them as beautiful. They also mention a buy one get one half off deal, which allows them to purchase frames at a discounted price.
- Friendly and supportive environment: Many reviewers note that the atmosphere at the eye care center is friendly and supportive. From the front desk staff to the doctors, the staff is described as friendly, welcoming, and empathetic towards patients.
Towpath Vision Care, Richard Pascucci, OD
2318 Genesee St, Utica, NY 13502
The eye care center is highly recommended for comprehensive and professional eye exams. Patients consistently mention Dr. Pascucci's expertise and attentive manner. They also appreciate the friendly, helpful staff and prompt, efficient service.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough and professional, providing a high level of care and attention to detail.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers appreciate the friendly and helpful staff at this eye care center, mentioning that they are patient, kind, and accommodating.
- Knowledgeable and attentive optometrist: The optometrist, Dr. Pascucci, receives praise for being knowledgeable, attentive, and taking the time to listen to patients' questions and concerns.
CNY Eye Physicians & Surgeons
8360 Seneca Turnpike, New Hartford, NY 13413
This eye care center receives largely positive feedback. Patients appreciate the pleasant, professional staff and knowledgeable, thorough doctors. The clean, professional new facility also earns praise. A few negative reviews cite long wait times, poor management, and unprofessional receptionists.
- Pleasant and professional staff
- Thorough and informative eye exams
- Professional and friendly service
Mohawk Valley Retina
4350 Middle Settlement Rd, New Hartford, NY 13413
The eye care center receives glowing reviews for its attentive, friendly staff and thorough eye exams. Patients praise the doctors, particularly Dr. Gale and Dr. Williams, as compassionate, knowledgeable professionals who provide exceptional care.
- Competent and caring doctors: Both Dr. Williams and Dr. Gale are praised for their competence and compassion in treating patients, addressing their concerns, and explaining eye issues.
- Friendly and attentive staff: The staff at the eye care center are described as friendly, attentive, and willing to help, creating a welcoming and caring environment for patients.
- Comprehensive eye exams and tests: The eye care center is commended for conducting thorough eye exams and running various tests to address all concerns and ensure the best possible eye care.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New York
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New York experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New York, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New York
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New York.
- The The percentage of people in New York that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was significantly higher for those with diabetes, with a 12.1% rate compared to the overall rate of 5.41%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and The percentage of people in New York who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was higher than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.84%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New York
- In New York, 5.41% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New York
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.12% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.82% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New York face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New York
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New York.
- 12.1% of those with diabetes and 8.25% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New York
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.71% of children in New York having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.46% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New York
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.41% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New York.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.