Best Eye Doctors In Mohegan Lake, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Mohegan Lake Optometrists in Mohegan Lake, Mohegan Lake, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Mohegan Lake reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Mohegan Lake.
650 Lee Blvd, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Many patients reported satisfactory experiences at this eye care center, noting attentive staff, meticulous doctors, and readily available appointments. Drs. Leahy and Nair received particular commendation for their diligent care. However, some patients questioned the calibration of eye exam equipment and had undesirable interactions with sales staff. In general, patients felt welcomed and well-cared for during visits, with some even calling them their best exams since the pandemic's start. But refunds for returned glasses caused some frustration.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the staff at this eye care center, particularly Dr. Leahy, as being friendly, pleasant, and helpful.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviewers praised the doctors for performing thorough, detailed, and informative eye exams.
- Professional service: Reviewers appreciated the professionalism and attentiveness of the staff members, from the receptionist to the optometry caregivers, making their overall experience at the center positive.
141 S Liberty Dr, Stony Point, NY 10980
Patients consistently describe the staff at this eye care center as kind and helpful. Dr. Butler provides thorough, efficient exams. The vast majority of reviews are positive, with patients highlighting the professional, knowledgeable service they received and recommending this eye care center.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention how friendly and helpful the staff at this eye care center are. They create a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere for patients.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Numerous reviews state that the eye exams conducted by Dr. Butler are thorough, efficient, and ensure that all needs are met. Patients feel satisfied with the level of care and attention to detail provided during their appointments.
- Improved vision results: One review specifically mentions that after multiple eye exams at different places, Dr. Butler was able to diagnose and improve their vision, resulting in a significant improvement in clarity (20/15 vision). This suggests that the eye care center has the expertise to address specific vision concerns effectively.
Southern Dutchess Eye Care
969 Main St, Fishkill, NY 12524
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its friendly, professional staff, comprehensive eye exams, and knowledgeable doctors. Many satisfied patients plan to return and recommend it to others. However, one patient expressed disappointment regarding a last-minute doctor substitution that negatively impacted their visit. Overall, this center is highly regarded for attentive customer service and quality vision care.
- Clean and comfortable office with pleasant and professional staff who provide thorough examinations and take the time to explain everything.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff who provide the best eye care and take their time to help with choosing glasses and giving advice.
- Friendly and helpful staff, convenient location, and quality service, making it preferable to other eye care options in the area.
SightMD Yorktown Heights
1940 Commerce St, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Overall, reviews praise the staff as pleasant, professional, knowledgeable. However, some mention harassing texts for unpaid bills and one rude, unprofessional front desk staff. Otherwise, doctors and staff receive positive feedback for thorough exams, helpfulness, and efficiency.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being pleasant, kind, and professional.
- Thorough eye exams: Customers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the time taken to explain findings.
- Knowledgeable doctors: Reviews highlight the doctors' knowledge and expertise in diagnosing and treating eye problems.
1 S Moger Ave, Mt Kisco, NY 10549
Most reviews praise the friendly and helpful staff, particularly Judy Lai and Alice. Patients appreciate the thorough eye exams and explanations given. A few negative reviews mention issues with lost glasses, incorrect prescriptions, and unprofessional staff. However, the majority express satisfaction and recommend the eye care center.
- The staff is super friendly and helpful, providing excellent customer service.
- The eye care professionals, specifically Dr. Judy Lai and Dr. Jean-Baptiste, are knowledgeable and take the time to explain the exam process and results in detail.
- The staff is patient and accommodating, going above and beyond to ensure a positive experience for customers.
Doctors of Optometry - South Moger Ave
1 S Moger Ave, Mt Kisco, NY 10549
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews praising the thorough exams by knowledgeable doctors and attentive staff. The wide selection of stylish, quality glasses suits most customers. Minor complaints mention occasional wait times or prescription issues, but the professional, quality service keeps patients returning.
- Thorough and informative eye exams conducted with newer technology, providing better care compared to other places.
- Friendly and professional staff, including the doctor who takes the time to explain findings and treatment options and listens to patient input.
- Courteous and attentive staff, creating a pleasant and no-pressure experience during eye exams and while selecting frames.
Katonah Eye Care
51 Katonah Ave, Katonah, NY 10536
Katonah Eye Care receives overwhelmingly positive feedback for Dr. Gordon's comprehensive eye exams, the staff's warm assistance, and their wide selection of high-quality frames. Patients also appreciate their cutting-edge technology and clean facilities. One reviewer did report that Dr. Gordon seemed irritable during their appointment.
- Dr. Gordon provides thorough and informative eye exams, utilizing up-to-date technology.
- The practice offers a great selection of high-quality frames for glasses.
- The staff at Katonah Eye Care is friendly, helpful, and professional, ensuring excellent service and care throughout the entire process.
Jefferson Valley Eye Care
3630 Hill Blvd STE 303, Jefferson Valley, NY 10535
Jefferson Valley Eye Care provides excellent eye care. Patients consistently praise Dr. Kellett for her friendly and thorough approach. Her knowledgeable staff takes time to explain exams and help patients select from a wide variety of frames. Patients feel they receive personalized attention. This professional, accommodating office comes highly recommended.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendliness and expertise of the practice's staff, from the front desk to the doctor. Patients feel welcomed and appreciated during their visit.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Dr. Kellett is praised for performing comprehensive and thorough eye exams. Patients appreciate that she takes the time to explain each step and answer all their questions. The exams are not rushed, and patients feel that their eye health is a top priority.
- Personalized care and attention: Patients feel that they receive personalized service at Jefferson Valley Eye Care. The staff takes the time to address all questions and concerns, and each patient is treated as an individual rather than just another appointment.
Dr. Kerline Marcelin, MD
2050 E Main St, Cortlandt, NY 10567
Dr. Marcelin receives positive feedback for her comprehensive and compassionate eye exams. Patients value her expertise, empathy and dedication to addressing their needs. Her office staff is regarded as friendly, attentive and helpful.
- Dr. Marcelin provides thorough and attentive eye exams, showing care for her patients and listening to their concerns.
- The office space is welcoming and clean, creating a comfortable environment for patients.
- The staff are friendly and accommodating, making appointments fit into patients' schedules.
- Dr. Marcelin and her staff are knowledgeable and informative, explaining procedures and addressing concerns in an easy-to-understand manner.
- The office has a pleasant atmosphere and the staff create a warm and friendly environment.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New York
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New York experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New York, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New York
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New York.
- The The percentage of people in New York that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was significantly higher for those with diabetes, with a 12.1% rate compared to the overall rate of 5.41%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and The percentage of people in New York who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was higher than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.84%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New York
- In New York, 5.41% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New York
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.12% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.82% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New York face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New York
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New York.
- 12.1% of those with diabetes and 8.25% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New York
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.71% of children in New York having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.46% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New York
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.41% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New York.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.