Best Eye Doctors In Ithaca, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Ithaca Optometrists in Ithaca, Ithaca, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Ithaca reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Ithaca.
Park Professional Eyecare
1250 Pelham Pkwy S, Bronx, NY 10461
This eye care center is renowned for its exceptional customer service, immediate appointments, and knowledgeable staff, including the meticulous Dr. Paternoster. Patients describe a professional yet caring environment inside the center's clean, high-tech facilities. With quality eyewear options, this practice comes highly recommended for comprehensive eye care.
- Outstanding customer service from the front desk to the eyeglass section.
- Thorough and attentive eye examinations by Dr. Paternoster.
- Modern and clean office with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Friendly, professional, and helpful staff.
- Excellent selection of glasses.
- Highly recommended for eye care routine.
- Time efficient eye exams with minimal waiting time.
Eye Care & Vision Associates
200 Sterling Dr Suite 300, Orchard Park, NY 14217
The eye care center receives positive reviews for its courteous, professional eye exams with thorough explanations. Patients recommend Drs. Campbell and Styn for their competence, knowledge, and ability to put them at ease. The kind, understanding staff also earns praise. Most reviews express satisfaction and recommend the center for eye care.
- Courteous and professional staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were courteous, professional, and provided explanations during the eye exam process. This creates a positive and comfortable experience for patients.
- Thorough and knowledgeable exams: Several reviews praised the doctors at this eye care center for conducting thorough exams and providing detailed explanations of the results. This ensures that patients receive comprehensive care and understand the state of their eye health.
- Successful cataract surgeries: A review highlighted a positive experience with cataract surgery performed by Dr. Campbell, resulting in improved eyesight. This suggests that the eye care center has expertise in performing successful surgeries.
Eye D Vision Eye Care & OrthoK
2071 86th St, Brooklyn, NY 11214
Eye D Vision receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, professional staff, thorough eye exams, and assistance with glasses selection. Customers also appreciate their clean facility and COVID-19 safety measures. However, one reviewer felt pressured to purchase frames and was dissatisfied with the lens installation. In general, Eye D Vision is recommended for their quality service and skilled optometrists.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the friendly and helpful staff at the eye care center, making the overall experience pleasant and positive.
- Detailed and informative eye exams: Customers mentioned that the eye exams were thorough and that the doctors took the time to explain each step and address any concerns or questions.
- Efficient and seamless process: Reviews praised the efficient and seamless process of getting an eye exam, from making appointments to checking insurance coverage to selecting frames, resulting in a quick and hassle-free experience.
Whole Picture Health & Vision
322 N Aurora St, Ithaca, NY 14850
Whole Picture Health & Vision patients report exceptional eye care from Drs. Bloom and Curran. Their knowledgeable, thorough exams consistently uncover vision issues missed elsewhere. The friendly, professional staff helps patients feel comfortable. Patients recommend this office for complete eye care that solves nagging vision problems.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the kindness and professionalism of both the doctors and staff members, making patients feel comfortable during their exams.
- Thorough and informative exams: Reviewers praised the doctors for their comprehensive and thorough eye exams. They appreciated that the doctors took the time to explain each test and answer any questions, providing useful information about their prescription and eye health.
- Personalized care and treatment: Several reviewers mentioned that the doctors at this eye care center went above and beyond to address their specific vision issues. They were impressed by the personalized care and treatment, which resulted in improved vision and overall well-being.
Clarity Eye Care with Dr. Bryant
1284 Dryden Rd, Ithaca, NY 14850
Clarity Eye Care customers overwhelmingly report friendly, caring staff who take time to explain and address concerns. Exams use advanced technology, focusing on patient comfort and satisfaction. The sole negative review cited long waits and inefficiency.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and caring nature of the staff at Clarity Eye Care. They listen to patients' concerns and take the time to explain everything in detail, making patients feel comfortable and valued.
- Thorough and advanced eye examinations: Reviewers praise the thoroughness of the eye exams at Clarity Eye Care. The use of state-of-the-art technology and advanced techniques ensures a comprehensive examination.
- Professional and knowledgeable: The staff and optometrists at Clarity Eye Care are described as professional, knowledgeable, and top-notch. Patients trust them with their eyes and appreciate the expertise they bring to their practice.
337 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11215
Park Optics eye care center garnered largely favorable reviews. Patients appreciated the reassuring bedside manner and meticulous eye exams performed by the doctors. The staff earned accolades for attentive service and diverse eyewear options. Isolated critiques included discourteous doctors and subpar frames, though positive appraisals predominated overall.
- Calm and gentle optometrist who is patient with children during eye exams.
- Excellent customer service, thorough eye examinations, and a wide selection of reasonably priced frames.
- Knowledgeable optometrists who explain every test and take the time to answer questions, with a great selection of fashionable frames.
Retina-Vitreous Surgeons of Central New York
821 Cliff St Suite #6, Ithaca, NY 14850
This Ithaca eye care center is appreciated for its friendly and professional staff, convenient location, knowledgeable doctors like Dr. Rosenberg and Dr. Choudhury with great bedside manner, short wait times, and efficient processes. A few customers noted issues with bright lighting.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff is friendly, efficient, and professional, making patients feel welcome and comfortable during their eye exams.
- Convenient location: The new office located in Ithaca is mentioned as being convenient for residents of Tompkins county, saving them from having to travel to Liverpool for eye care.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors: The doctors, such as Dr. Rosenberg and Dr. Choudhury, are praised for their expertise, bedside manner, and ability to explain procedures and options clearly to patients.
Rochester Eye And Laser Center
30 N Union St # 101, Rochester, NY 14607
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews. Patients compliment the professionalism and expertise of the staff. Some negative reviews cite billing and communication issues. But most agree the doctors are excellent, the staff friendly, and quality vision care is provided.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff's professionalism, knowledge, and ability to provide excellent eye care. They are described as friendly, helpful, and capable, creating a positive experience for patients.
- Wide range of services: The eye care center offers various services, including eye exams, LASIK surgery, cataract surgery, and treatment for dry eyes. Patients appreciate the comprehensive care available at the center, allowing them to address different eye concerns in one place.
- Good customer service: The staff at the eye care center is praised for their friendly and supportive customer service. Patients mention feeling well-cared for, with staff members taking the time to listen, explain procedures, and address any concerns or questions.
Clarity Eye Care - Collegetown (Formerly Classic Optical)
106 Dryden Rd, Ithaca, NY 14850
Customers report an extremely positive experience at this eye care center, highlighting attentive opticians who help with frame selection and offer free repairs, as well as friendly, thorough doctors who take time to answer questions during exams. The knowledgeable staff provides excellent care, resulting in high customer satisfaction.
- The staff at this eye care center are knowledgeable and skilled in helping customers find the perfect glasses that meet their specific needs, even for those with strong prescriptions.
- They provide thorough and friendly eye exams, allowing patients to ask questions and receive expert advice on how to better care for their eyes.
- The customer service at this eye care center is top-notch, with staff members going above and beyond to accommodate picky customers and ensure their satisfaction.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New York
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New York experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New York, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New York
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New York.
- The The percentage of people in New York that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was significantly higher for those with diabetes, with a 12.1% rate compared to the overall rate of 5.41%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and The percentage of people in New York who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was higher than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.84%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New York
- In New York, 5.41% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New York
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.12% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.82% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New York face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New York
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New York.
- 12.1% of those with diabetes and 8.25% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New York
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.71% of children in New York having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.46% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New York
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.41% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New York.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.