Best Eye Doctors In Glenmont, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Glenmont Optometrists in Glenmont, Glenmont, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Glenmont reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Glenmont.
Albany Eye Associates
63 Shaker Rd Ste 101, Albany, NY 12204
Most reviews praised the professionalism and thoroughness of the staff and the high quality of care, including encouraging dilation, double-confirming prescriptions, and no pressure to buy glasses. However, one review described a negative experience with a technician's poor communication and insensitivity during a child's exam.
- Courteous and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are courteous and professional, making patients feel well taken care of.
- Thorough eye exams: Reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams at this location, with prescription checks done multiple times to ensure accuracy.
- No pressure to purchase: Patients appreciate that there is no pressure to purchase glasses at this eye care center, and that they are given their pupilary distances without hassle.
Greenbush Eye Center
749 Columbia Turnpike, East Greenbush, NY 12061
The Greenbush Eye Center receives positive feedback for their friendly, professional staff and doctors who provide comprehensive eye exams. Their modern facility offers a streamlined experience, including on-site ordering of eyeglasses.
- Thorough and complete eye exams: Many reviewers praised the eye care center for providing thorough and comprehensive eye exams, making them feel that their eyes were well cared for.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews highlighted the friendly and professional staff at the eye care center, mentioning their helpfulness, knowledge, and attentiveness to patient needs.
- Hassle-free experience and convenient services: Several reviewers mentioned that the eye care center offers a hassle-free experience, with state-of-the-art facilities, the ability to order glasses on-site, and easy appointment scheduling through online platforms.
Doctors of Optometry - Crossgates Mall
1 Crossgates Mall Rd L104, Albany, NY 12203
The friendly and professional staff at this eye care center receive high marks for their expertise and use of modern equipment. Patients describe thorough yet quick exams, finding the doctors and technicians both knowledgeable and helpful.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were nice, sincere, and professional. They were treated with friendliness and received thorough explanations during their appointments.
- Modern equipment and thorough exams: Several customers highlighted the use of modern eye exam equipment and mentioned that their exams were comprehensive and painless. They felt confident in the abilities and knowledge of the doctors and technicians.
- Good customer service: Reviewers appreciated the helpfulness and professionalism of the staff. They felt well taken care of throughout the process, from scheduling appointments to selecting glasses.
Ophthalmic Consultants Of The Capital Region - Schodack Eye Care Clinic
2500 Pond View #101, Castleton-On-Hudson, NY 12033
The first review describes an impersonal experience with a long wait time. The second review details a poor visit involving an adverse reaction to eye drops and insufficient communication from the doctor and staff. The third review praises short wait times, an attentive staff, and a comprehensive eye exam.
- Friendly and professional staff who thoroughly explain situations and listen closely to patients.
- Short wait times and efficient service for eye exams.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
9 Vista Blvd Suite 201, Slingerlands, NY 12159
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews. Patients describe knowledgeable doctors and staff with excellent bedside manner. Many patients report successful procedures and improved vision. Some mention long waits and higher prices compared to other eye care providers.
- Excellent outcomes: Several reviewers mentioned that they had successful eye exams and procedures, with improved vision and no complications.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers praised the staff for being professional, informative, and helpful. They were also commended for answering all questions and making patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Quick and painless procedure: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye exams and procedures were quick, easy, and virtually painless. They were pleasantly surprised by how fast the process was and how little discomfort they experienced.
Perlmutter Eye Center - Customized Cataract Surgery, Glaucoma, Retina Specialist Care
35 Hackett Blvd #236, Albany, NY 12208
Dr. David Perlmutter receives positive reviews for his expertise, caring approach, clear explanations, and successful cataract surgeries at Perlmutter Eye Center. Patients appreciate his personalized attention and recommendations. Many experienced improved vision after surgery and recommend him for eye care.
- Dr. Lawrence Perlmutter diagnosed and treated a patient's eye problem promptly, resulting in a significant improvement in their eye condition. They highly recommend Perlmutter Eye Center.
- Dr. David Perlmutter is highly skilled and caring, providing thorough explanations, options, and recommendations for eye care. He personally calls his patients the evening of surgery to ensure their well-being. Patients have experienced excellent results from cataract surgery and appreciate the compassionate care they receive at the center.
Buenau’s Opticians, Inc.
228 Delaware Ave, Delmar, NY 12054
Buenau's Opticians receives mostly positive reviews for thorough eye exams and friendly staff. However, some express frustrations with expensive pricing, pushy sales tactics, poor customer service, and insurance issues. Considering the mixed reviews may help in deciding whether to schedule an appointment.
- Comprehensive and thorough eye exams with cutting-edge equipment and knowledgeable doctors.
- Friendly and professional staff who take the time to explain insurance coverage and help make informed decisions.
291 New Scotland Ave, Albany, NY 12208
The eye care center received very favorable reviews for its excellent customer service, short wait times, prompt eye exams, knowledgeable and respectful staff, and quality selection of frames. However, one review mentioned potential issues with racial bias. Overall, most customers recommend the center for its personalized care, fair pricing, and high-quality service.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at this eye care center is highly praised for their remarkable customer service. They are kind, informative, and answer all questions.
- Fast and efficient service: Multiple reviewers mention that the wait time was fast and that they were able to walk out with their new prescription glasses on the same day of their eye exam.
- Expert and detailed eye exams: The eye exam received at this location is described as "out of this world" and "thorough." The staff takes the time to explain the results and ensure the well-being of the patients.
Elhosn Eye & Aesthetics
4 Executive Park Dr, Albany, NY 12203
Dr. Elhosn and his friendly, accommodating staff provide professional eye care in a comfortable, welcoming office. Patients recommend Dr. Elhosn for taking time to listen, explain thoroughly, and demonstrate skill. The office receives consistently positive reviews.
- Highly skilled and professional doctor: Dr. Elhosn is praised for his expertise in eye care and eye procedures, with multiple reviewers highlighting his professionalism and knowledge.
- Friendly and caring staff: The staff at this eye care center is described as welcoming, accommodating, and genuinely caring. Patients feel comfortable and well taken care of during their visits.
- Thorough and clear explanations: Reviewers appreciate the doctors' ability to explain procedures and diagnoses in a simple and practical manner. They feel well-informed about their eye health and any necessary treatments.
Edward Wladis, MD
15 Vista Blvd, Slingerlands, NY 12159
Dr. Wladis receives positive reviews for his surgical skill, bedside manner, and attentiveness. Patients appreciate his compassion, willingness to address concerns, and take time explaining procedures. However, one patient reported dissatisfaction with complications and surgical outcome, an isolated negative review among many positives.
- Highly skilled and compassionate doctor
- Excellent bedside manner and patient care
- Accommodating and attentive staff
Hughes Opticians Inc
411 Kenwood Ave, Delmar, NY 12054
Hughes Opticians is lauded for professional eye exams, quality customer service, and friendly staff. Optometrists earn praise for attentiveness and expertise. A few reviews cite long wait times, unhelpful receptionists, and delays receiving eyewear, indicating some inconsistent service.
- Outstanding customer service: Many reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff at this eye care center, emphasizing their professionalism, warmth, and old-fashioned service. Customers appreciate the attentive and kind treatment received during their visits.
- Knowledgeable and skilled optometrists: Several reviews highlight the expertise and precision of the optometrists at this location. Customers feel confident in the quality of their eye exams and appreciate the doctors' ability to effectively communicate and address their vision needs.
- Wide selection of eyewear: Customers praise the extensive selection of frames available at this eye care center. They mention the variety of designer brands and styles, allowing them to find eyewear that suits their preferences. Additionally, the pricing is often mentioned as reasonable.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New York
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New York experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New York, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New York
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New York.
- The The percentage of people in New York that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was significantly higher for those with diabetes, with a 12.1% rate compared to the overall rate of 5.41%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and The percentage of people in New York who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was higher than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.84%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New York
- In New York, 5.41% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New York
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.12% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.82% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New York face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New York
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New York.
- 12.1% of those with diabetes and 8.25% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New York
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.71% of children in New York having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.46% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New York
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.41% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New York.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.