Best Eye Doctors In Dunkirk, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Dunkirk Optometrists in Dunkirk, Dunkirk, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Dunkirk reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Dunkirk.
Spectrum Eye Care
555 Fairmount Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701
Spectrum Eye Care receives largely positive reviews. Patients describe the doctors and staff as professional, thorough, and friendly. While some found the glasses prices high, most were satisfied with their exams. One parent glowingly recounted their autistic daughter's first exam.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Spectrum Eye Care is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. They make patients feel comfortable and are patient with any questions or concerns.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Many reviewers highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams they received at Spectrum Eye Care. They felt confident in the results and appreciated the attention to detail.
- Wide selection of frames: Several reviews mention the wide variety of frames available at Spectrum Eye Care. Patients appreciated the options and the expertise of the frame stylist in helping them find the best frames for their prescription.
- Excellent customer service: Spectrum Eye Care is praised for its excellent customer service, from promptness and professionalism to addressing insurance issues and providing a hassle-free check-out experience.
Ross Eye Institute
1176 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14209
Patients consistently commend the friendly and reassuring staff, clean office environment, knowledgeable and professional doctors like Dr. Singh and Dr. Reynolds, and excellent care. Reviewers applaud the staff's professionalism, competence, and personable nature. The receptionist's flexibility with appointment scheduling is also appreciated.
- Friendly and reassuring staff for patients, especially children, who may be afraid of eye exams.
- Clean and spacious office environment, which provides a comfortable experience for patients.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors who give thorough eye exams and answer questions.
Eye Care & Vision Associates
200 Sterling Dr Suite 300, Orchard Park, NY 14217
Reviews indicated patients were pleased with the professional and courteous manner of the eye exams, which included explanations throughout. Dr. Campbell was noted for his expertise and thoroughness in conducting exams and explaining results. The staff, including receptionists and technicians, received positive feedback for their kindness, empathy, and professionalism.
- Courteous and professional service: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were courteous, friendly, and provided professional service during eye exams.
- Thorough examinations: Some reviewers noted that the eye exams conducted at this center were thorough and provided detailed explanations of the results.
- Knowledgeable and competent doctors: Several reviews commended the doctors at this center for their knowledge and competence in providing eye care services, such as cataract surgeries and vision re-checks.
Advanced Eyecare Center
5488 Sheridan Dr #300, Williamsville, NY 14221
The eye care center employs knowledgeable doctors providing comprehensive eye exams. Their friendly, accommodating staff offers personalized attention. Though they have a wide selection of eyewear, one reviewer noted an unprofessional front desk staff member.
- The staff is consistently described as friendly, professional, and patient-centric.
- The eye exams are thorough and the doctors take the time to explain everything clearly.
- The location is convenient, with little to no wait time for appointments.
Eye To Eye Optical Inc.
3561 Sheridan Dr, Amherst, NY 14226
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews. Customers commend owner Frank for his attentive service and expertise ensuring proper prescriptions and quality frames. Some negative reviews cite pricing, limited selection, and issues with refunds or prescription accuracy.
- Excellent customer service: Customers praise the owner, Frank, for his passion, knowledge, and attentiveness. He is described as helpful, attentive, and always willing to answer questions and address concerns.
- Professional eye exams: Many reviewers mention the high quality and professionalism of the eye exams at this location. The exams are described as thorough and accurate, with attention to detail.
- Wide selection of frames: Customers appreciate the large selection of frames available at Eye to Eye Optical. They mention that Frank takes the time to help them find the perfect frame, considering both fit and fashion.
902 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14202
The eye care center is highly rated for their warm staff and reasonable prices. Patients comment on the free glasses adjustments and attentive service from knowledgeable doctors. They offer a wide selection of frames.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the eye care center is friendly and welcoming, creating a comfortable environment for both adults and children during eye exams.
- Reasonably priced eye exams and services: One review specifically mentions that the eye exams at this location are reasonably priced, making it a good option for those without insurance. Additionally, the center offers free glasses adjustments for customers, providing added value to their services.
- Knowledgeable and helpful opticians: Several reviews highlight the expertise and helpfulness of the opticians at the eye care center. They take the time to answer questions, provide information about different lenses, and assist customers in selecting frames, ensuring a satisfying overall experience.
Value Vision - Your Local Eye Doctor - Cheektowaga
3035 Genesee St, Cheektowaga, NY 14225
Patients describe the staff at Value Vision as friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. The eye doctors take time to explain procedures and address concerns. Patients report an excellent experience from check-in to frame selection.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. They take the time to listen to patients' concerns and provide thorough explanations about eye issues.
- Quick and efficient service: One reviewer specifically mentioned receiving their eyeglasses quickly, indicating that the eye care center provides prompt service. This suggests that they prioritize efficiency and timeliness.
- Long-standing reputation: Several reviewers mentioned being long-time customers of this eye care center, with one person stating that they have been going there for over 40 years. This indicates that the center has established a positive reputation and has been able to retain loyal customers over an extended period of time.
Eyes On Harlem
2507 Harlem Rd, Cheektowaga, NY 14225
This eye care center provides excellent service. The knowledgeable staff, including Kelsey and Francesca, assist customers in a friendly and helpful manner. Highly skilled doctors like Dr. Battaglia and Dr. Bob expertly detect and resolve vision issues. Overall, the efficient, knowledgeable staff makes this facility a top choice for eye exams and eyewear.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff's expertise and helpfulness, particularly when it comes to selecting frames and understanding insurance.
- Quick and efficient eye exams: Many customers appreciate the fast and easy eye exams, with one reviewer mentioning being in and out in just 15 minutes.
- Excellent customer service: Several reviews highlight the exceptional customer service provided by the staff, with specific shout-outs to individuals like Kelsey, Dr. Battaglia, Niles, and Francesca.
Twenty 20 Eye Care And Aesthetic Medicine, PLLC
410 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, NY 14222
Dr. Melissa Neal receives rave reviews for her exceptional eye care. Patients describe the Twenty 20 Eye Care doctor as knowledgeable, thorough, and caring. Her meticulous exams and effective treatment plans resolve even complex vision issues. Patients also compliment the professional, friendly Twenty 20 staff.
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced doctor: Multiple reviews highlight Dr. Mellissa Neal's expertise and knowledge in eye care, making her a reliable choice for comprehensive eye exams and diagnosis.
- Caring and patient-centered approach: Dr. Neal is praised for her caring and compassionate demeanor. She takes the time to listen to her patients, thoroughly explain diagnoses, and create personalized treatment plans, making patients feel supported and heard.
- Specialized focus on dry eye: Patients suffering from chronic dry eye specifically recommend Dr. Neal for her specialization in this area, as they have experienced significant improvement under her care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The entire staff at Twenty 20 Eye Care is consistently described as friendly, welcoming, and attentive, further contributing to a positive experience when seeking eye care.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New York
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New York experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New York, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New York
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New York.
- The The percentage of people in New York that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was significantly higher for those with diabetes, with a 12.1% rate compared to the overall rate of 5.41%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and The percentage of people in New York who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was higher than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.84%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New York
- In New York, 5.41% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New York
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.12% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.82% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New York face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New York
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New York.
- 12.1% of those with diabetes and 8.25% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New York
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.71% of children in New York having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.46% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New York
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.41% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New York.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.