Best Eye Doctors In Blasdell, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Blasdell Optometrists in Blasdell, Blasdell, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Blasdell reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Blasdell.
Eye Care & Vision Associates
200 Sterling Dr Suite 300, Orchard Park, NY 14217
Reviewers commend the eye care center's courteous, professional staff for thorough eye exams and kind, empathetic manner. Multiple reviews highlight the office's compassionate nature. Dr. Campbell earns recognition for conducting meticulous eye exams and surgeries.
- Knowledgeable and competent doctors, providing thorough examinations and explanations.
- Friendly and professional staff who make patients feel comfortable and valued.
- Cataract surgeries performed by Dr. Campbell have resulted in improved eyesight for patients.
Atwal Eye Care - Orchard Park Location
3176 Abbott Rd Unit 425, Orchard Park, NY 14127
Many patients appreciated the eye doctors' professionalism and detailed explanations during exams. However, some faced issues with service and communication regarding frames, costs, and scheduling. A few cited staff's unawareness of appointment reasons and rude behavior. Still, many recommend the practice for its friendly, efficient staff and smooth eyeglass purchases.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mentioned that the doctors at this eye care center were thorough in their examinations and took the time to answer all questions and concerns. This indicates a high level of professionalism and care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Several reviews praised the staff for being friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. This creates a positive and comfortable experience for patients.
- Prompt and efficient service: Despite a few negative experiences mentioned, many reviews highlighted the prompt and efficient service provided by the eye care center. This indicates that, in general, patients can expect a timely and streamlined experience during their visit.
Michael O. Campbell, MD
3712 Southwestern Blvd, Orchard Park, NY 14127
The eye care center receives glowing reviews for their kind staff, thorough eye exams, and Dr. Campbell's professionalism. However, one patient expressed dissatisfaction with the level of care and recognition received. Though an outlier, this feedback merits reflection. With its predominantly positive appraisals, this practice comes highly recommended for eye exams.
- Kind and welcoming staff that made patients feel comfortable
- Minimal wait time and thorough eye exams conducted by Dr. Campbell
- Efficient and professional office with knowledgeable and caring staff
3670 McKinley Pkwy, Buffalo, NY 14219
This eye care center is highly rated for its professional, friendly staff and efficient appointment processes. Patients report thorough, quality eye exams. Some reviews praise the staff's frame selection help and accommodating services. A few negative reviews cite long wait times, discourteous pick-up staff, and prescription or pricing issues. Overall customer feedback is positive.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff
- Efficient and thorough eye exams
- Friendly and accommodating customer service
SVS Vision Optical Centers
4408 Milestrip Rd, Buffalo, NY 14219
Customers speak highly of the professional and thorough care from Dr. Griffin. They describe the staff as friendly and helpful, with efficient service. However, some patients report negative experiences like staff rudeness, appointments canceled without notice, and increased costs for new glasses. In general, most patients are satisfied with the quality of care they receive.
- Dr. Griffin provides professional and accommodating eye exams and makes patients feel comfortable asking questions.
- The staff is fast, attentive, helpful, and friendly, and they offer quick fittings without requiring a second appointment.
- They have a wide choice of eyeglass frames, excellent customer service, and provide thorough and quick service during eye exams.
Buffalo Ophthalmology - Southtowns
301 Sterling Dr Unit 108, Orchard Park, NY 14127
The eye care center receives mostly glowing reviews. Patients commend the knowledgeable, expert doctors and their caring bedside manner. The kind, efficient, professional staff also earns high marks. Despite one negative billing experience, most reviewers strongly recommend this eye care center.
- Highly knowledgeable and caring doctors who go above and beyond for their patients.
- The staff is kind, efficient, and ensures a pleasant visit.
- Doctors and staff demonstrate compassion and provide excellent bedside manner.
Southtowns Eye Center
3151 Southwestern Blvd, Orchard Park, NY 14127
Southtowns Eye Center patients praise the friendly, knowledgeable doctors and efficient service, with short wait times. Reviews mention successful cataract surgeries and thorough explanations. However, one patient reported unsatisfactory follow-up care after a doctor change. The majority reflect an overall positive experience and recommend the center.
- Friendly, outgoing, and professional doctors who provide thorough eye exams and new prescriptions.
- Caring and compassionate staff who have the knowledge and expertise to handle various eye concerns and surgeries.
- Efficient scheduling, short wait times, and a well-run office with friendly and polite staff.
5622 Amanda Ln, Orchard Park, NY 14127
The eye care center's doctors are highly skilled and thorough. Customers consistently give positive feedback about the friendly service and pleasant visit experience.
- The eye care center has a wide range of different eye care services available, including comprehensive eye exams, contact lens fittings, and a great selection of eyewear. It's a one-stop shop for all your eye care needs!"
- The optometrists at this location are highly knowledgeable and professional. They took the time to thoroughly explain everything during my eye exam and answered all my questions. I felt very confident in their expertise."
- The eye care center has a clean and modern facility with state-of-the-art equipment. The staff is friendly and helpful, making the overall experience pleasant and efficient."
Value Vision - Your Local Eye Doctor - Lackawanna
1234 Abbott Rd, Lackawanna, NY 14218
The majority of reviews for this eye care center are positive, highlighting friendly staff, short wait times, and quality service. However, a couple negative reviews mention issues like lack of follow-up and disrespectful staff behavior. While most patients seem satisfied, some have had poor experiences.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, kind, and helpful throughout the entire visit.
- Short wait times: Several reviews highlight that the wait times at this eye care center were minimal, allowing for a quick and efficient experience.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Reviewers specifically mention that the eye exams conducted by the doctors at this location were professional, thorough, and addressed all their concerns and questions.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New York
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New York experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New York, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New York
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New York.
- The The percentage of people in New York that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was significantly higher for those with diabetes, with a 12.1% rate compared to the overall rate of 5.41%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and The percentage of people in New York who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was higher than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.84%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New York
- In New York, 5.41% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New York
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.12% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.82% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New York face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New York
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New York.
- 12.1% of those with diabetes and 8.25% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New York
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.71% of children in New York having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.46% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New York
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.41% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New York.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.