Best Eye Doctors In Los Lunas, NM
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Los Lunas Optometrists in Los Lunas, Los Lunas, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Los Lunas reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Los Lunas.
6001 Winter Haven Rd NW # K, Albuquerque, NM 87120
Customers mostly appreciate the fast service, friendly staff, and knowledgeable doctors at this eye care center. However, some experienced issues with customer service, wait times, and delays receiving glasses. There are conflicting opinions on the quality of glasses and prescriptions.
- Fast and efficient eye exams, perfect for people with busy schedules.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff who go out of their way to make patients feel comfortable.
- Dr. Mamdani is highly recommended and provides excellent service, especially for patients with eye issues.
Sandia Vision Clinic
3701 Eubank Blvd NE #3536, Albuquerque, NM 87111
Sandia Vision Clinic reviews noted helpful, friendly staff and thorough eye exams. Reviewers appreciated the clinic’s accommodating nature with elderly patients. Satisfaction was also expressed regarding quality of glasses and contact lenses provided. The clinic received positive feedback for medical services including exams and prescriptions.
- Accommodating to elderly patients: One review mentions that the staff at the eye care center was very accommodating to an elderly patient who had both visual and hearing impairments.
- Quick and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location were quick and thorough, with advanced technology that made it easy to detect any changes in the eyes.
- Good medical side: One review recommends this location for actual eye exams, suggesting that the medical side of the clinic is fantastic.
- Friendly staff: Several reviews mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff at this eye care center.
- Great with kids: Multiple reviews mention that this location is great with kids, providing clear explanations and making the entire process fast and efficient.
- Competitive pricing: One review mentions that the pricing for glasses was good at this location.
- Customer service for medical side: While some reviews mention poor customer service, specifically for administrative tasks and glasses-related issues, others mention positive experiences with customer service on the medical side, including the doctors and medical staff.
Accent on Vision – Albuquerque
9131 High Assets Way NW, Albuquerque, NM 87120
Accent on Vision is highly recommended for their friendly, helpful staff and thorough eye exams using advanced equipment. They cater well to those with special needs, though some reviewers cite issues with scheduling and extra charges.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Accent on Vision is kind, patient, and professional. They take the time to explain procedures and make patients feel comfortable during their eye exams.
- Thorough and advanced eye exams: Many reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams at Accent on Vision. The doctors use advanced optical equipment and take the time to address any concerns or questions. They also provide detailed explanations of their findings and make sure patients understand their eye health.
- Accommodating and efficient: Several reviews mention that Accent on Vision is quick and efficient in scheduling appointments and minimizing waiting times. The office staff is accommodating and helpful in addressing specific needs, such as mobility issues or specialty contact lenses.
- Note: The pros have been generated by analyzing the reviews and may not necessarily reflect the entire range of experiences at the eye care center.
Albuquerque Vision Care and Advanced Eyewear
5343 Wyoming Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
Albuquerque Vision Care provides attentive service in a clean and comfortable environment. Patients appreciate the skilled staff’s focus on their needs and great eyewear options. While wait times are typically short, some mention minor delays. Overall, patients highly recommend this clinic for comprehensive eye care.
- Clean and comfortable clinic with attentive and skilled staff.
- Excellent eye exam experience with thorough and comprehensive care.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors with a wide selection of frames and eyewear.
Eyes of New Mexico Family Optometry and Contact Lenses
7007 Wyoming Blvd NE C-1, Albuquerque, NM 87109
Customers are largely satisfied with the eye care center, noting friendly and knowledgeable optometrists, detailed exams, and a clean, safe facility. A few customers did express concerns regarding appointment scheduling, billing procedures, and customer service interactions.
- The optometrist at this eye care center is described as super nice and provides detailed explanations during the eye exam.
- The customer support at this eye care center is highly praised, with one reviewer mentioning that a minor billing issue was resolved through texting within minutes.
- The staff at this eye care center are described as friendly and professional, with one reviewer mentioning that they felt safe due to the facility being well-sanitized between patients.
Eye Associates of New Mexico
5757 Harper Dr NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
Eye Associates receives positive feedback for pleasant, efficient eye exams and helpful staff. Patients describe the doctors as thorough, quick, and adept at addressing eye care needs. Customers appreciate the insurance assistance and wide selection of eyeglass frames.
- Efficient and pleasant staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Eye Associates is efficient, pleasant, and helpful. They are praised for their ability to handle insurance complications and provide clear explanations of procedures and options.
- Range of services: Eye Associates offers a comprehensive range of eye care services, including eye exams, glasses, contact lenses, and treatments for specific conditions like glaucoma and cataracts. They also have specialists and experienced doctors on staff.
- Positive experiences with specific doctors: Several reviewers specifically mention positive experiences with certain doctors, highlighting their professionalism, knowledge, and ability to explain procedures and treatments clearly. This indicates that there are competent doctors at the practice.
Desert Mountain Eye Care
5504 Menaul Blvd NE Ste A, Albuquerque, NM 87110
The eye care center received favorable reviews for professional, comprehensive eye exams. Patients appreciated the helpful, friendly staff and doctors’ clear explanations and reassurance. Many expressed satisfaction with the service and intend to return.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that their eye exams at the Desert Mountain Eye Care were thorough and conducted by professional doctors who took the time to address their concerns and explain their prescriptions.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Several reviewers praised the staff at the eye care center for being friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to assist them in finding frames and explaining the process.
- Efficient and same-day glasses: Many customers appreciated that they were able to get their glasses on the same day as their eye exams, ensuring a convenient and efficient experience.
5700 San Antonio Dr NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
The eye care center’s staff is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about insurance coverage. The eye doctors perform thorough exams while maintaining excellent bedside manner.
- Friendly and helpful staff, from receptionists to experts in glasses and contact lenses.
- Dr. Rodriguez is friendly, courteous, and willing to answer questions.
- Quick and efficient service, with one reviewer mentioning being in and out in less than an hour.
- Excellent and professional care, with consistent quality over many years.
- Wide selection of frames, including designer options.
- Great customer service and enjoyable experience.
- The doctor and staff take the time to ensure patients understand any changes that may have occurred.
- Promptness and efficiency in providing a full eye exam.
- Lovely staff, providing a pleasant experience.
- Accommodating same-day appointment requests.
- Friendly and fast service for both adults and children.
- Kind and attentive staff.
Sandia Vision Clinic Nob Hill
112 Hermosa Dr SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108
The optometrists here provide thorough, professional eye exams with clear explanations. Patients particularly value the comprehensive exams. Staff assisting with glasses orders earn appreciation for their helpful and courteous service.
- Thorough optometrist: One reviewer mentioned that the optometrist was very thorough and took the time to explain everything during the eye exam.
- Affordable eye exams: Another reviewer mentioned that the eye exams at this location were quick, easy, and very affordable.
- Great frame selection: A reviewer mentioned that they had a comprehensive eye exam with a great frame selection, which suggests a wide variety of options for glasses frames.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New Mexico
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, the percentage of people in New Mexico aged 40-64 who were blind or had difficulty seeing was slightly higher than those aged 65+ at 8.71% and 8.56%, respectively. in New Mexico, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New Mexico
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New Mexico.
- The In New Mexico in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost double for those with diabetes compared to the overall population, indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 7%. and In New Mexico in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was almost twice as high as the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New Mexico
- In New Mexico, 6.93% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New Mexico
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.05% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.71% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New Mexico face even higher rates at 8.56%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New Mexico
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New Mexico.
- 13.9% of those with diabetes and 12.6% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New Mexico
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.28% of children in New Mexico having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.25% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New Mexico
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.93% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New Mexico.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.