Best Eye Doctors In Hobbs, NM
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Hobbs Optometrists in Hobbs, Hobbs, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Hobbs reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Hobbs.
2402 N Grimes St, Hobbs, NM 88240
The eye care center is well-reviewed for its clean, organized facilities and courteous staff. Customers value the wide selection of products and central location.
- Staff is friendly and polite
- Store is clean and well-organized
- Has a variety of merchandise
The Eye Site
1811 N Dal Paso St, Hobbs, NM 88240
The Eye Site in Hobbs, NM receives high marks for their customer service, clean offices, prompt appointments, and knowledgeable doctors. Patients enjoy feeling like family. A couple reviews cited disorganized staff and limited eyewear selection, though most reviewers enthusiastically recommend The Eye Site.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at The Eye Site is praised for their exceptional customer service. They are noted for being friendly, personable, and attentive to patients' needs.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors: Patients appreciate the expertise and care provided by the doctors at The Eye Site. They are described as knowledgeable, thorough, and up-to-date with the latest technology.
- Clean and organized facility: The facility at The Eye Site is highly rated for being clean and well-maintained. Patients feel comfortable and at ease during their visits.
Drs Mayes & Mayes, Eyecare & Eyewear LLC
723 N Turner St #8234, Hobbs, NM 88240
Dr. Mayes and his staff are highly regarded for their professional, courteous, and thorough eye exams. They listen attentively to concerns and provide well-fitted prescriptions. While mostly praised for exceptional care, one review cited delayed glasses and poor communication.
- Professional and Courteous Staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is professional, courteous, and helpful. Patients appreciate their friendly and knowledgeable service.
- Thorough and Patient Care: Several reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams and the attentive care provided by Dr. Mayes. Patients appreciate the time taken to address their concerns and the personalized approach to finding the right prescription.
- Fast and Efficient Service: Many reviews mention the fast and efficient service provided by the staff. Patients appreciate the minimal wait times and quick turnaround for appointments and glasses.
Family Vision Center
1315 Joe Harvey Blvd, Hobbs, NM 88240
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its knowledgeable, friendly staff and quick, efficient service. Customers highly rate the communication and customer service. Though one reviewer complained of a rude staff member, the overall consensus is that this is a pleasant, trustworthy place for exams and eyewear.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors and staff: Multiple reviews mention the doctors and staff at the eye care center being knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. They take the time to answer questions and provide thorough exams.
- Wide variety of stylish frames: Customers appreciate the wide variety of stylish frames available at the eye care center. This provides them with options when choosing the perfect frame for their glasses.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviews mention that the eye care center offers quick and efficient service. Customers appreciate not having to wait long for their appointments and being able to get in and out quickly. The staff also ensures that everything they recommend is covered by insurance, providing transparency in pricing.
2410 N Fowler St, Hobbs, NM 88240
Michael’s Pharmacy in Hobbs receives consistent positive feedback for their excellent service, friendly staff, fast and efficient operations, affordable pricing, and helpful employees. Many customers describe it as the best pharmacy in town thanks to the staff’s professionalism and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Polite and professional staff
- Fast and efficient service
- Friendly and helpful employees
Naveen Sarakanti, MD
515 E Main St, Hobbs, NM 88240
The eye care center’s doctor conducts comprehensive eye exams.
- Thorough eye exams: The eye care center has a highly skilled and thorough optometrist who ensures that all aspects of eye health are addressed during the exams.
- Professional service: Customers appreciate the professionalism and expertise of the staff, which contributes to a positive experience during their eye care appointments.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New Mexico
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, the percentage of people in New Mexico aged 40-64 who were blind or had difficulty seeing was slightly higher than those aged 65+ at 8.71% and 8.56%, respectively. in New Mexico, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New Mexico
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New Mexico.
- The In New Mexico in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost double for those with diabetes compared to the overall population, indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 7%. and In New Mexico in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was almost twice as high as the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New Mexico
- In New Mexico, 6.93% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New Mexico
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.05% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.71% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New Mexico face even higher rates at 8.56%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New Mexico
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New Mexico.
- 13.9% of those with diabetes and 12.6% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New Mexico
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.28% of children in New Mexico having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.25% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New Mexico
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.93% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New Mexico.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.