Best Eye Doctors In Vineland, NJ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Vineland Optometrists in Vineland, Vineland, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Vineland reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Vineland.
South Jersey Eye Associates, PA
205 Laurel Heights Dr, Bridgeton, NJ 08302
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its friendly staff, knowledgeable doctors, and thorough exams. Specific doctors were noted for excellent care. A few negative reviews mentioned issues with receptionists and perceived curt behavior, but overall patients appreciate the quality service and personalized care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being pleasant, friendly, and helpful. Customers appreciate the positive and personal interactions they have with both the front desk staff and the doctors.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: The reviews highlight the doctors' expertise and their ability to provide excellent eye care. Customers appreciate the thorough explanations of diagnoses and the doctors' willingness to take their time with each patient.
- Great experience for children: One review specifically mentions the office being great for evaluating young children. The staff is described as sweet, patient, and attentive to the child's needs, making it a positive experience for both the child and parent.
Advanced Eye Group
206 N Main Rd, Vineland, NJ 08360
Advanced Eye Group provides quality eye care with Dr. D’Orio’s expertise, modern equipment, and professional yet friendly staff. Patients recommend this office for thorough exams, expert explanations, and a comfortable, clean facility with quality eyewear.
- Knowledgeable and up-to-date: The eye care center has the latest equipment for eye exams and is known for providing thorough and detailed examinations. Patients appreciate the expertise and knowledge of the doctors.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: The office staff and technicians are described as professional, friendly, and efficient. Patients feel comfortable and valued, as the staff takes the time to listen to their concerns and provide personalized care.
- Modern and clean facility: The eye care center is praised for its beautiful and welcoming facility. Patients appreciate the clean and comfortable environment, which adds to their overall positive experience.
3849 S Delsea Dr, Vineland, NJ 08360
Customers were satisfied with the attentive and polite service from staff, particularly Darryl and Vivian. They appreciated the quick repairs and Tom’s expertise in selecting eyewear. Kathy, Kris, Raphael and Kristen’s exceptional customer service at LensCrafters was also praised.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff members were polite, kind, and took the time to assist them during their visit.
- Efficient and fast service: Some reviewers were impressed by the quick turnaround times for tasks such as fixing glasses or completing exams, indicating that the service was prompt and efficient.
Richard C. DiVerniero – MD, FAAOS
352 S Delsea Dr Suite C, Vineland, NJ 08360
Dr. DiVerniero’s patients comment on his clear communication and patience in explaining their eye health. His expertise enables thoughtful discussions of treatment options. The eye care center’s staff earn compliments for their friendliness, helpfulness, and efficiency.
- Dr. DiVerniero takes the time to explain to patients what's going on and is very thorough and caring.
- The staff is friendly, accommodating, and efficient, creating a reassuring and comfortable experience.
- The doctor is professional, addresses concerns, and provides clear explanations, making patients feel heard and well-informed.
301 S Main Rd, Vineland, NJ 08360
Eyedeal Vision earns high marks for friendly staff, thorough eye exams, wide frame selection, and fair pricing. A few reviews cite delays in glasses delivery and lens durability issues. On the whole, customers recommend Eyedeal Vision for their excellent care.
- Friendly and understanding staff: Several reviews mention the staff at this eye care center as being incredibly nice, compassionate, and cooperative. Customers feel welcomed and appreciate their willingness to quickly fix any issues with glasses or provide additional fit adjustments.
- Excellent eye exams: Patients consistently mention the thoroughness and quality of the eye exams at this location. The optometrist takes a personal interest in their patients, provides a detailed examination, and ensures that their eyes are in good hands.
- Great prices and deals: Multiple reviews highlight the affordability and reasonable pricing of this eye care center. Customers appreciate that the prices are competitive, and they feel that they receive great value for their money. Some even mention receiving generous deals and discounts on glasses and services.
Stefanie Haines, O.D.
251 S Lincoln Ave, Vineland, NJ 08361
Patients appreciate the friendly and professional staff at this eye care center, describing Dr. Haines as an attentive doctor providing quality care in a clean, comfortable office. However, some reviews noted longer than expected wait times and less personalized attention from Dr. Haines.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: The receptionists and staff at the eye care center are pleasant, with a sense of humor, creating a friendly and professional experience for patients.
- Caring and knowledgeable doctor: Dr. Haines is described as caring, qualified, and knowledgeable, with a pleasant bedside manner. She takes the time to explain the eye exam process and answer any questions, making patients feel comfortable and at ease.
- Professional and accommodating service: The entire staff, including the desk staff and physicians' assistants, are commended for their professionalism and courtesy. They provide thorough exams, accommodate urgent appointments, and make patients feel well taken care of.
Center For Eyecare
123 Egg Harbor Rd STE 300, Sewell, NJ 08080
Patients speak highly of the knowledgeable and kind doctors at this eye care center, with Dr. Nyquist receiving special mention. The efficient, friendly staff garners praise. Successful cataract surgeries demonstrate the doctors’ expertise. A couple less positive reviews cite a billing issue and an unsatisfactory encounter with the receptionist.
- Specialized doctors: The doctors at this eye care center are specialists who can do more than an optometrist, offering a higher level of expertise and care.
- Knowledgeable and kind doctors: The doctors, particularly Dr. Nyquist, are highly knowledgeable and kind, taking the time to explain procedures and answer questions in a manner that patients can understand.
- Efficient staff and seamless experience: The staff at this eye care center are efficient at moving patients through appointments and handle insurance matters expertly, ensuring that procedures get approved. The front desk staff also go above and beyond by offering courtesy calls and accommodating schedule changes.
South Jersey Eye Associates, PA – Millville
211 Buck St, Millville, NJ 08332
Patients consistently describe Dr. Porreca as thorough and professional. His friendly, helpful staff earns frequent praise for their attentive care. With minimal waits in their clean, comfortable office, this highly recommended practice delivers excellent eye care.
- Dr. Porreca provides thorough and informative eye exams, addressing any questions or concerns patients may have.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and caring, creating a comfortable and welcoming environment for patients.
- The practice maintains a high level of professionalism, with prompt and efficient service, as well as clear explanations of results.
Walmart Vision & Glasses
2291 N 2nd St, Millville, NJ 08332
Customers appreciate the affordable prices and quick service at this eye care center. The knowledgeable and helpful staff, especially Melissa, Missy and Kendra, provide excellent customer service. Dr. Eunis comes highly recommended.
- Affordable prices: Exams are cheap and frames range from $10 - $180, making it accessible for those on a budget.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the staff's knowledge, helpfulness, and dedication to providing excellent customer service.
- Efficient and fast service: Many reviews praised the quick turnaround time for receiving glasses and the overall efficiency of the center.
Vineland Family Vision Care
1317 S Main Rd, Vineland, NJ 08360
The eye care center receives primarily positive reviews. Patients describe thorough, professional eye exams by knowledgeable doctors who take time to explain and answer questions. The caring, efficient staff streamlines appointments and payments. Overall, patients are highly satisfied with the quality of care and recommend this eye care center.
- Thorough and attentive eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams provided by both Dr. Lench and Dr. Starr are thorough and that they take the time to explain the results and answer any questions.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff at the eye care center is repeatedly praised for being friendly, caring, and professional. Patients appreciate the warm and welcoming atmosphere created by the staff.
- Convenient appointments and efficient service: Several reviews highlight the convenience of scheduling appointments and the short wait times. Patients mention that they were able to get appointments quickly and were seen promptly upon arrival at the clinic.
Dr. Kenneth D. Manning
3849 S Delsea Dr, Vineland, NJ 08360
Patients consistently report positive experiences at this eye care center, highlighting Dr. Manning’s expertise, the comprehensive eye exams, and the helpful staff. Specific praise goes to Dr. Manning for his clear explanations of conditions and treatments, professionalism, and precision. Overall, patients feel their eye care needs are met through satisfactory experiences here.
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable doctor who provides thorough and informative eye exams.
- Dr. Manning takes the time to explain eye conditions and concerns and provides personalized care, especially with children.
- Friendly and helpful staff who are attentive to patient needs and provide satisfactory answers to all questions.
The Eye Professionals, LLC
1205 N High St, Millville, NJ 08332
This eye care center is commended for their accommodating staff and knowledgeable doctors. Some customers have noted frustration with booking appointments, especially amid the COVID-19 pandemic. While optometry services and professionalism shine, more efficient scheduling would elevate patient experiences. The on-site optical shop offers a convenient way to fill eyeglass prescriptions.
- Patient and understanding with special needs: The staff at this eye care center showed patience and understanding when working with a child with autism, making sure he felt comfortable and at ease during his visit.
- Convenient services: This center offers the convenience of getting your prescription filled for new glasses right on the premises, allowing for a seamless experience.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: The staff at this eye care center were praised for their knowledge and professionalism, addressing all concerns and ensuring a thorough examination and assessment of the eyes.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New Jersey
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New Jersey experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New Jersey, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New Jersey
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New Jersey.
- The The percentage of people in New Jersey that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 5%. and The percentage of people in New Jersey who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was slightly lower than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, suggesting that smoking may slightly increase the risk of vision problems in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New Jersey
- In New Jersey, 4.65% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New Jersey
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.6% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.19% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New Jersey face even higher rates at 8.56%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New Jersey
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New Jersey.
- 9.54% of those with diabetes and 4.05% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New Jersey
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.89% of children in New Jersey having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.01% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New Jersey
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.65% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New Jersey.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.