Best Eye Doctors In Union, NJ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Union Optometrists in Union, Union, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Union reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Union.
2235 Springfield Ave, Vauxhall, NJ 07088
Customers reported satisfaction with the eye care center, commending the patient and attentive staff, comprehensive and cordial eye exams, and affordable options. Louise and Dr. Khullar were cited as outstanding for their congenial and informative service. Most experienced brief, smooth visits and would recommend the center, though one customer had difficulty obtaining pupillary distance without an exam or purchase.
- Patient and helpful staff who provide excellent customer service.
- Thorough and friendly eye exams conducted by knowledgeable doctors.
- Wide variety of cost-effective options for glasses and contacts.
Eyestyles of Union
2115 US-22, Union, NJ 07083
Positive reviews of the eye care center note friendly, helpful staff providing great eye exams at reasonable prices. Patients appreciate the knowledgeable, accommodating employees and the welcoming, family-like atmosphere. The center offers a wide selection of the latest fashionable eyewear frames and provides a pleasant, professional experience.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at this eye care center being friendly and helpful in assisting customers with choosing glasses and providing service.
- Knowledgeable and professional: Reviewers praise the staff's knowledge and professionalism, indicating a high level of expertise in providing eye exams and eyewear solutions.
- Affordable pricing: Several reviewers mention that the eye exam cost is reasonable and that the center offers affordable pricing on eyewear, making it a budget-friendly option.
2565 Morris Ave, Union, NJ 07083
Dr. Arnold’s eye care center is known for thorough, gentle exams. Patients appreciate Dr. Arnold’s expertise and staff’s friendliness. However, one patient cited a billing issue and unsatisfactory glasses experience.
- Dr. Arnold and her staff are friendly, knowledgeable, and take the time to make patients feel comfortable during eye exams.
- The office is clean, organized, and equipped with the latest equipment for thorough eye exams.
- Dr. Dawn Arnold provides thorough, gentle, and patient eye exams, addressing all concerns and providing recommendations for glasses and contact lenses.
Dr. James E. Haberman, MD
2333 Morris Ave Suite C-103, Union, NJ 07083
Patients appreciate the professionalism and efficiency of Dr. Haberman’s eye care center. Staff are knowledgeable, exams are thorough yet wait times minimal. Patients receive courteous service and reminders for annual checkups. Reviews describe an overall positive experience.
- Great doctor and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that Dr. Haberman provides excellent care and his staff is knowledgeable and attentive to patients' needs.
- Little wait time and reminders for annual eye exams: One review mentioned that there was minimal wait time and appreciated the office's reminders for annual eye exams.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Several reviews mentioned that the eye exams were thorough and conducted in a professional manner, ensuring that patients have a positive experience.
Corey M. Notis, MD/Associates in Eyecare-Springfield
155 Morris Ave #302, Springfield, NJ 07081
The first review describes an issue with staff conduct and an appointment cancellation. The second points to problems with scheduling, staff assistance, and wait times. The third applauds Dr. Notis for his team’s caring approach and professionalism. In summary, some reviews cite communication, professionalism, and wait time concerns, while others highlight attentive, high-quality care from Dr. Notis’s team.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Customers praised the eye doctors for their expertise and thoroughness during eye exams and procedures.
- High-quality equipment: The eye care center is equipped with high-quality equipment, setting them apart from other offices.
- Compassionate and caring staff: Some customers appreciated the compassion and care shown by certain staff members, including the technicians.
Corey M. Notis, MD, PA/Associates in Eyecare-Union
900 Stuyvesant Ave., Union, NJ 07083
Patients note Dr. Skraparis’ professionalism, thorough exams, and clear explanations. Her staff receives accolades for friendliness and accommodation. Dr. Notis and his team are commended for their caring and supportive manner.
- Dr. Patricia Skraparis is highly recommended for her thoroughness and explanation of eye care.
- Dr. Notis and his staff are caring and helpful, providing a positive experience for patients.
- The front desk staff at the Union location are friendly, kind, and provide excellent customer service.
2235 Springfield Ave, Vauxhall, NJ 07088
The first review describes a quality eye exam but shock at high cost and unclear charges. Another applauds the welcoming, professional staff. Most praise the knowledgeable, friendly doctors, clear exam explanations, and efficiency. However, one criticizes the unfriendly staff.
- Friendly and knowledgeable doctor: Multiple reviews mention that Dr. Khullar was professional, patient, and thorough in explaining the eye exam process. Some reviews specifically highlight her ability to make patients feel comfortable and at ease.
- Helpful and attentive staff: Several reviews mention the friendly and accommodating staff at the eye care center. From assisting with insurance coverage to helping customers pick out glasses, the staff is commended for their helpfulness and willingness to answer questions.
- Modern equipment and accurate diagnostics: One review specifically mentions the use of modern equipment for diagnostics, which the customer believes helped with accurate vision assessment. This indicates that the eye care center invests in advanced technology to provide quality eye care.
Dr. Bucciero’s Family Vision Care
100 Morris Ave, Springfield, NJ 07081
Dr. Bucciero receives positive reviews for his professionalism, thorough explanations, and attentiveness to patient questions. His courteous, pleasant staff also draw praise. Patients recommend Dr. Bucciero for his expertise and excellent care.
- Dr. Bucciero is professional, thorough, and takes the time to explain the cause of eye issues in detail.
- The staff at Family Vision Care is courteous, kind, and provides a comprehensive and thorough eye examination.
Specialty Eye MDs (Irvington)
40 Union Ave #102, Irvington, NJ 07111
The eye care center received overwhelmingly positive feedback for their professional and attentive service. Patients specifically mentioned Suleinny, Arisbel, and Dr. Patel for providing exceptional care. One reviewer shared an uncomfortable encounter with a staff member, though most patients reported a positive experience.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this eye care center is professional, friendly, and helpful. This can provide a positive and comfortable experience for patients seeking eye exams and eye care.
- Excellent doctors: Several reviews highlighted the expertise and professionalism of the doctors at this eye care center. Patients appreciated their precision, engagement, and thoroughness during the exams.
- Great customer service and accommodations: The eye care center was praised for its exceptional patient care and hospitality. Reviews mentioned the welcoming atmosphere, patient appreciation events, and the staff's efforts in organizing these events. This attention to customer service can create a positive experience for patients.
Bradley T Doolen OD
2725 Morris Ave, Union, NJ 07083
Most reviews for this eye care center are extremely positive, with patients highlighting Dr. Doolen and staff’s friendliness, speedy service, and professionalism. Patients appreciate the comprehensive eye exams and Marlene’s helpful optician skills. A few negative reviews cite overcharging and unprofessional conduct by one staff member.
- Quick and efficient service: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this eye care center is super friendly and there are no delays with appointments. They provide quick and efficient service, including fast delivery of glasses or contact lenses.
- Knowledgeable and friendly eye doctor: Reviewers consistently praised Dr. Doolen for his professionalism, knowledge, and friendly demeanor. He takes the time to explain prescriptions and vision needs thoroughly, making patients feel comfortable and confident.
- Welcoming and professional office: Many reviews emphasized the welcoming and professional atmosphere of the office. The staff, including the optician, Marlene, are knowledgeable, patient, and kind. The office is described as both welcoming and professional, ensuring a positive overall experience.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New Jersey
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New Jersey experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New Jersey, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New Jersey
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New Jersey.
- The The percentage of people in New Jersey that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 5%. and The percentage of people in New Jersey who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was slightly lower than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, suggesting that smoking may slightly increase the risk of vision problems in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New Jersey
- In New Jersey, 4.65% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New Jersey
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.6% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.19% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New Jersey face even higher rates at 8.56%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New Jersey
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New Jersey.
- 9.54% of those with diabetes and 4.05% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New Jersey
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.89% of children in New Jersey having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.01% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New Jersey
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.65% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New Jersey.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.