Best Eye Doctors In Mount Laurel, NJ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Mount Laurel Optometrists in Mount Laurel, Mount Laurel, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Mount Laurel reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Mount Laurel.
Marlton Eye Associates
65 E Rte 70, Marlton, NJ 08053
Marlton Eye Associates garners rave reviews for exceptional eye care. Patients commend the friendly, professional staff, high-tech office, and comprehensive exams by knowledgeable doctors like Staab, Harris, and Kramer. The practice is widely endorsed for outstanding service and patient experience.
- Exceptional doctors who provide comprehensive exams and detect serious conditions, potentially saving patients' vision.
- Friendly and professional staff who create a low-stress and efficient experience, with minimal wait times.
- Utilization of advanced equipment and alternative tests for a pleasant eye exam, including a gentler glaucoma test and OptoMap as an alternative to dilation.
South Jersey Eye Physicians
509 S Lenola Rd #11-A, Moorestown, NJ 08057
Patients appreciate Dr. Wexler for his attentive and enjoyable eye exams. They also compliment Dr. Brown’s wonderful treatment and the team’s helpfulness. Reviews mention the minimal wait times and pleasant staff.
- Some doctors take the time to answer questions and provide a positive experience, especially for patients with special needs such as autism.
- Minimal wait time in the waiting room and efficient workflow process.
- Some doctors are described as wonderful and caring, providing satisfactory answers and taking the time to address concerns.
Premier Eye Associates
701 NJ-73 #3, Marlton, NJ 08053
The eye care center receives largely positive reviews for their professional eye exams and friendly, knowledgeable staff. A couple negative reviews cite high frame prices and prescription issues. Overall, customers are pleased with the personalized care from the eye doctors and staff.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Dr. Sandler provides the most thorough and comprehensive eye exams, ensuring a high level of care and accuracy.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: The staff at the eye care center are professional and knowledgeable, creating a positive and comfortable experience for patients.
- Friendly and helpful customer service: The staff, including Brittany and Concetta, provide exceptional customer service, making patients feel welcome and attended to.
3223 NJ-38, Mt Laurel Township, NJ 08054
Optique Boutique provides quality eye care with friendly service. Patients highlight the professional, knowledgeable doctors like Dr. Joanna Welsh and thorough exams using state-of-the-art technology. While some find the glasses expensive or felt rushed during busy times, most describe a caring, excellent experience.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at Optique Boutique were friendly, accommodating, and patient. They made patients feel at home and took the time to answer questions and provide thorough explanations during the eye exams.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Patients praised Dr. Joanna Welsh for her thoroughness and knowledge during the eye exams. She was able to diagnose issues that were missed by other providers and took the time to explain the results and treatment options. Dr. Welsh also provided a personal touch by sharing her own experiences with wearing glasses, making patients feel comfortable.
- Professional and efficient service: The eye care center was described as professional, efficient, and equipped with state-of-the-art technology. Patients appreciated the modern equipment, skilled technicians, and prompt appointments. The office also had a boutiquey feel, offering a unique experience.
Advanced Vision Consultants
400 NJ-38 Suite 1285, Moorestown, NJ 08057
Overall, most patients had positive experiences, mentioning friendly staff, convenient frame purchasing, thorough and efficient exams, and doctors who explained results. However, one patient had issues with billing and getting a contact lens prescription.
- Friendly and professional staff who make the eye exam process easy and pleasant.
- Utilizes modern technology for a thorough and detailed eye exam.
928 NJ-73, Evesham, NJ 08053
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their kind, informative, and thorough doctors. Patients appreciate the friendly and knowledgeable staff and wide selection of frames. However, one review cited an unpleasant encounter with a staff member and high lens prices. Overall, patients recommend this professional center for their excellent service.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. They take the time to explain things, answer questions, and provide personalized service.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Several reviewers highlight the thoroughness and attention to detail in the eye exams they received at this location. The doctors use state-of-the-art technology and take the time to explain the results to patients.
- Great selection of glasses: Many reviewers appreciate the wide selection of glasses available at this eye care center. They mention being able to find the perfect frames for their needs and personal style.
163 NJ-73, Marlton, NJ 08053
The eye care center at Pearle Vision in Marlton has mostly received glowing feedback for its exceptional customer service, knowledgeable staff like Laurence and Kim, and streamlined exam process. While largely positive, one customer did report a disappointing encounter with a particular doctor.
- Exceptional customer service: Multiple reviews praise the staff, particularly Lawrence and Kim, for their exceptional customer service. They go above and beyond to help customers with their eye exams and finding the perfect pair of glasses.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: Customers highly trust the staff at this location when it comes to their eye care needs. They mention that the staff is knowledgeable, professional, and provides thorough eye exams.
- Convenient and efficient experience: Reviews highlight the ease of booking appointments online and the efficiency of the entire process. Customers appreciate the quick turnaround time for their eye exams and the prompt completion of their glasses.
South Jersey Eye Physicians
103 Old Marlton Pike #216, Medford, NJ 08055
Patients appreciate the eye care center’s efficient appointment handling, thorough exams, polite and helpful staff, and quick visits. They speak highly of the friendly, professional, and knowledgeable doctors and staff, and are satisfied with their experiences.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Several reviewers praised the eye center for conducting thorough eye exams and handling the appointment process efficiently, with no long wait times.
- Polite and helpful staff: Many reviewers complimented the staff for being polite, professional, and helpful throughout their visit.
- Quick and satisfactory treatment: Some reviewers mentioned being in and out of the office quickly, receiving prompt and satisfactory treatment for their eye problems.
Budd Optical & Catando Eye Associates
175 NJ-70 #21, Medford, NJ 08055
Dr. Catando provides thorough eye exams and friendly care at Budd Optical. Appointments are easy to book with minimal wait times. Patients cite knowledgeable, quality service from Dr. Catando and his accommodating staff in a welcoming office environment. While some comments mention customer service and wait times, patients overwhelmingly recommend the practice.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: The eye exam at Budd Optical is described as thorough, with the doctor taking time to explain the findings and procedures. The technology used is advanced, allowing for a comprehensive examination.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at Budd Optical are personable, kind, and accommodating. The office has a friendly and welcoming environment, and the staff goes above and beyond to ensure a memorable experience.
- Efficient and time-conscious: Reviewers appreciate the efficiency of the eye exams at Budd Optical, with short wait times and quick yet thorough exams. The office respects the patients' time and strives to provide a timely experience.
490 S Lenola Rd, Maple Shade, NJ 08052
Customers strongly recommend this eye care center for its excellent service and professionalism. Dr. Wong impresses with comprehensive eye exams demonstrating his expertise. Staff like Arlene and Mariel are appreciated for guiding customers in choosing glasses. This center comes highly recommended for meeting eye care needs.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctor: Multiple reviews mention Dr. Wong's professionalism, thoroughness, and ability to explain eye exams clearly.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Customers appreciate the friendly and helpful staff, particularly mentioning Arlene, Mariel, and Josh. They provide excellent customer service and assist with selecting glasses, contacts, and frames.
- Clean and well-maintained facility: Reviews mention the clean and bright sales floor, indicating that the facility is well-maintained and visually appealing.
163 NJ-73 South, Marlton, NJ 08053
Dr. Parikh and her staff at Pearl Vision provide attentive, thorough eye exams with detailed explanations, according to many satisfied patients. However, some reviews cited unexpected contact lens costs and unprofessionalism. Still, most patients had positive experiences with the friendly, knowledgeable staff and recommend Pearl Vision for quality eye care.
- Dr. Parikh is a wonderful doctor who takes her time and explains everything in detail, ensuring the best eye exam experience.
- The staff at Pearl Vision is attentive, knowledgeable, and provides thorough eye exams.
- The office is clean and the staff is friendly, considerate, and professional.
Visionworks Doctors of Optometry
1040 Nixon Dr, Mt Laurel Township, NJ 08054
The first review highlights issues with the outdated voicemail system and recommends seeking eye exams elsewhere. The second review describes the office as disorganized, understaffed, and lacking in customer service. The third review applauds the professionalism, patience and top-notch customer service received during the eye exam and frame selection.
- Excellent customer service and patient care: One customer mentioned receiving unmatched patience and care during their eye exam and frame selection process. The staff helped solve their vision issues without any issues and made the entire process easy for them.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Another customer praised the thorough and professional eye exam they received from Dr. Appleman. They were very satisfied with the care and attention they received during their visit.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Several customers mentioned the friendly and helpful staff at the eye care center. They appreciated the attentiveness and professionalism of the doctors and staff members who assisted them during their visits.
Evesham Eye Associates
65 E Rte 70, Marlton, NJ 08053, United States
Evesham Eye Associates provides knowledgeable staff utilizing advanced equipment for comfortable, innovative eye exams. Patients recommend the practice for thorough, friendly service. Doctors take time to explain procedures clearly and answer questions. Patients appreciate the helpful employees and comprehensive eye care.
- Highly informative and professional staff, providing thorough and comfortable eye exams with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Caring and compassionate doctors and staff who take the time to answer questions and concerns, making patients feel comfortable and valued.
- Convenient appointment scheduling, follow-up reminders, and a wide selection of fashionable and functional eye frames.
Moorestown Eye Associates
301 N Church St Ste 201, Moorestown, NJ 08057
Moorestown Eye Associates receives acclaim for their friendly, knowledgeable staff who ensure patients’ comfort. Doctors draw commendations for comprehensive exams and attentive care. One negative review notes an extended wait and lack of updates, but most portray a positive experience. In sum, Moorestown Eye Associates comes well recommended.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being kind, genuine, and accommodating. Patients feel comfortable and welcome during their visits and appreciate the time and attention given to their concerns and questions.
- Thorough eye exams: Reviewers mention that the doctors at Moorestown Eye Associates are thorough and take the time to explain everything they are doing during the exams. Patients feel heard and understood, and appreciate the comprehensive approach to their eye care.
- Caring and family-focused: Many reviewers mention that the staff at Moorestown Eye Associates treat them like family, going above and beyond to ensure their comfort and satisfaction. They feel cared for and appreciate the genuine concern and personalized attention they receive.
Angelo Eye Associates
3820 Church Rd, Mt Laurel Township, NJ 08054, United States
Dr. Angelo and staff provide exceptional eye exams and genuine care. Their office has modern equipment, thorough exams, and many frame options. Some patients have had issues getting glasses, but overall Angelo Eye Associates gives great eye care.
- Excellent customer service: The eye care center has friendly and attentive staff who work to provide a great experience for their patients.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctor: Dr. Angelo is described as extremely knowledgeable and caring, taking the time to address concerns and answer questions. Patients appreciate her exceptional bedside manner and true concern for their eye health.
- Convenient and efficient: Patients mention that there is little to no waiting time at the eye care center. They also appreciate being able to have tests done and order glasses at the same time, making the process convenient and efficient.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New Jersey
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New Jersey experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New Jersey, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New Jersey
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New Jersey.
- The The percentage of people in New Jersey that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 5%. and The percentage of people in New Jersey who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was slightly lower than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, suggesting that smoking may slightly increase the risk of vision problems in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New Jersey
- In New Jersey, 4.65% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New Jersey
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.6% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.19% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New Jersey face even higher rates at 8.56%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New Jersey
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New Jersey.
- 9.54% of those with diabetes and 4.05% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New Jersey
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.89% of children in New Jersey having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.01% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New Jersey
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.65% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New Jersey.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.