Best Eye Doctors In Manahawkin, NJ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Manahawkin Optometrists in Manahawkin, Manahawkin, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Manahawkin reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Manahawkin.
SightMD New Jersey (Shore Eye Associates)
530 Lakehurst Rd #206, Toms River, NJ 08755
The eye care center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for its thorough and professional doctors and friendly, efficient service. Patients recommend the practice for its excellent care, accommodating staff, and pleasant exam and surgery experiences.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye care center provides thorough eye exams, addressing concerns and listening to patients' needs.
- Friendly and professional staff: Several reviewers praised the staff's friendliness, professionalism, and their ability to make patients feel comfortable and welcome.
- Excellent communication and care: Reviewers highlighted the center's emphasis on communication, including addressing concerns, providing explanations and recommendations, and coordinating with specialists when needed.
An Eye To The Future
935 NJ-34, Matawan, NJ 07747
An Eye to the Future eye care center provides thorough eye exams with doctors who take time to explain procedures. Patients describe friendly, helpful staff and a clean office with advanced technology. The center comes highly recommended for eye exams and care.
- Thorough and personalized exams: Reviewers consistently mentioned that the eye exams at this practice were thorough and comprehensive. The doctors took their time to explain everything and address any concerns, providing a high level of care and attention to each patient.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff at this eye care center was consistently described as friendly, helpful, and courteous. They made the appointment process easy and convenient, and provided excellent customer service throughout the visit.
- State-of-the-art technology and facilities: Many reviewers praised the practice for its modern and clean office, equipped with state-of-the-art technology. This allowed for a more thorough and accurate examination, ensuring that any potential eye issues were detected.
SightMD New Jersey (Susskind & Almallah Eye Associates)
770 Lighthouse Dr #156-B, Barnegat Township, NJ 08005
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its friendly, professional staff and skilled optometrists who conduct comprehensive exams. Patients recommend specific doctors like Dr. Birdie and Dr. Caldeira. Appreciation is expressed for the office’s cleanliness, advanced equipment, and quality care that instills patient confidence. Overall, reviewers are satisfied with the service and recommend the practice.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this eye care center are friendly, professional, and provide excellent customer service.
- Knowledgeable doctors: Many reviewers praised the doctors at this location for their expertise and knowledge in the field of eye care. They mention receiving thorough explanations and feeling confident in the care they received.
- Efficient appointment process: Several reviewers mentioned that the wait times at this eye care center were minimal, and they were able to have their appointments without feeling rushed.
733 NJ-72, Manahawkin, NJ 08050
The eye care center is highly regarded for its friendly, helpful staff and doctors who take time to clearly explain eye conditions and treatments. Patients report feeling well cared for during visits. The center comes highly recommended for eye exams and glasses.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and professional staff at Manahawkin Vision, highlighting their helpfulness, patience, and courteousness. Customers appreciate the friendly and caring service they receive from the staff members.
- Thorough and attentive eye exams: Many reviewers praise the doctors at Manahawkin Vision for their thoroughness during eye exams. They mention that the doctors take the time to explain everything clearly, answer questions, and ensure that patients feel comfortable and well-informed about their eye health.
- Great service and efficient appointments: Reviewers mention that the appointments at Manahawkin Vision are efficient and prompt. Some customers note that they were able to get their eye exams and pick out glasses in under an hour, emphasizing the great service provided by the staff.
SightMD New Jersey (Shore Eye Associates)
550 County Rd 530 # 19, Whiting, NJ 08759
The eye care center receives excellent reviews for its friendly, efficient staff, thorough exams by knowledgeable doctors, and clean, organized offices. Patients recommend the center and report high satisfaction.
- Courteous and efficient staff who accommodates schedule conflicts
- Thorough and professional eye exams
- Friendly and knowledgeable doctors and technicians who explain everything clearly
Walmart Vision & Glasses
525 NJ-72 W, Manahawkin, NJ 08050
This eye care center is highly recommended for its exceptional, caring service. Patients commend the knowledgeable staff’s professionalism during exams and their assistance with frames, glasses, and questions.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being knowledgeable and helpful, assisting customers in choosing frames, fixing glasses, and answering questions.
- Courteous and friendly service: Many reviewers appreciate the courteous and friendly service they received from the staff, making them feel comfortable during their visits.
- Thorough eye exams: One review highlights that the optical exam at this location was the most thorough compared to other places, indicating a high level of professionalism and attention to detail.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New Jersey
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New Jersey experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New Jersey, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New Jersey
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New Jersey.
- The The percentage of people in New Jersey that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 5%. and The percentage of people in New Jersey who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was slightly lower than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, suggesting that smoking may slightly increase the risk of vision problems in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New Jersey
- In New Jersey, 4.65% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New Jersey
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.6% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.19% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New Jersey face even higher rates at 8.56%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New Jersey
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New Jersey.
- 9.54% of those with diabetes and 4.05% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New Jersey
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.89% of children in New Jersey having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.01% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New Jersey
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.65% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New Jersey.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.