Best Eye Doctors In Hackettstown, NJ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Hackettstown Optometrists in Hackettstown, Hackettstown, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Hackettstown reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Hackettstown.
Vision Associates of Hackettstown
915 County Rd 517 Unit B16, Hackettstown, NJ 07840
Vision Associates of Hackettstown was highly rated for their attentive and personable staff who clearly explained exams and made patients comfortable in their clean, safe facility. Patients appreciated the wide frame selection and thorough exams. Overall, Vision Associates is recommended for quality eye care and service.
- Attentive and personable staff who take the time to ensure a comfortable experience.
- Thorough, informative, and caring eye exams provided by knowledgeable doctors.
- Clean and safe facility with COVID-19 protocols in place to protect patients.
Vision Source of Mt. Olive: Siegel Michael J OD
135 US-46 unit e, Budd Lake, NJ 07828
The eye care center is strongly recommended for Dr. Siegel’s attentive care and the staff’s friendly service. Patients value the doctor’s clear explanations during thorough exams using advanced technology. While glasses may be pricey, most reviewers are pleased with their professional treatment.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at this eye care center as being friendly and accommodating, creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere for patients.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Patients appreciate that the optometrist, Dr. Siegel, takes the time to explain everything during the eye exam, making them feel comfortable and well-informed about their eye health.
- Up-to-date technology: The office is praised for having top-of-the-line technology, ensuring that patients receive comprehensive and advanced eye care.
Advanced Eyecare Associates
410 NJ-10, Ledgewood, NJ 07852
This eye care center receives overwhelmingly positive feedback. Patients describe the staff as friendly and professional, and commend the doctors for their thorough exams. The center utilizes advanced technology and can accommodate urgent appointments.
- Pleasant and professional staff: Customers praised the staff for their professionalism and friendliness, making the experience enjoyable.
- Thorough and accommodating doctors: Many reviewers were impressed with the thoroughness of the doctors and their willingness to accommodate the patients' needs.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff was described as friendly and knowledgeable, providing helpful information and answering any questions or concerns.
Sparta Eye Associates
117 S Sparta Ave, Sparta Township, NJ 07871
This eye care center receives positive reviews for thorough eye exams performed by friendly, professional doctors and staff. Patients describe a welcoming, comfortable office that runs on-time appointments and follows COVID-19 protocols. Many recommend this practice for its high quality care.
- Thorough and caring doctors who take their time to explain everything during eye exams.
- Friendly and professional staff who make the experience welcoming and comfortable.
- On-time appointments and efficient service with no long waiting periods.
Blairstown Eye Associates
174 NJ-94, Blairstown, NJ 07825
Blairstown Eye Associates receives rave reviews for their friendly, helpful staff, especially Dr. Mullin. Patients commend the thorough, professional eye exams and extensive frame selection. Dr. Mullin explains everything and answers all questions, putting patients at ease. With excellent care and personalized attention, Blairstown Eye Associates comes highly recommended.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff at the eye care center. Patients felt comfortable during their eye exams and appreciated the staff's willingness to answer questions and explain procedures.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Many reviews highlight the thoroughness and professionalism of the eye exams conducted by Dr. Mullin. Patients appreciated the attention to detail and felt confident in the care provided.
- Excellent customer service: The eye care center received praise for its excellent customer service. Patients mentioned the courteous and patient staff, as well as the assistance provided in selecting suitable eyeglass frames.
Roxbury Eye Center PC, Robert S. Pinke MD
400 Valley Rd #106, Mt Arlington, NJ 07856
While the first review criticizes the eye care center for poor customer service, long wait times, and overbooking issues, subsequent reviews commend Dr. Pinke and his staff for their professionalism, efficiency, and quality care, especially with cataract surgeries and other eye procedures. Additional positive feedback cites good experiences with other doctors there. However, a few negative reviews persist regarding long wait times and unhelpful staff.
- Highly skilled and professional doctors: Multiple reviews praise Dr. Pinke for his expertise and excellent care during cataract surgeries and eye exams.
- Efficient and caring staff: Several reviews mention the efficient and caring staff at both locations of the Roxbury Eye Center, highlighting their attentiveness and knowledge.
- Good surgical experiences: Patients reported smooth, seamless cataract surgery experiences, with great results and thorough care provided by the doctors and staff.
46 Hampton House Rd, Newton, NJ 07860
The eye care center is lauded for its friendly, knowledgeable staff, with Belal, Genna, and Rebecca receiving special mentions. Customers appreciate the ample selection of frames and guidance in choosing. Though wait times and discourteous service drew some critiques, positive reviews prevail, commending the center’s service and professionalism.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff, including the optometrists and sales associates, were extremely friendly, patient, and knowledgeable. They took the time to answer questions, provide assistance in choosing frames, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Wide selection of frames: Several reviewers praised the eye care center for its great selection of frames, including options for those with specific needs such as wide frames. The center also accommodated customers who needed assistance in getting proper fitting lenses for old glasses.
- Efficient and accommodating service: Many reviewers commended the eye care center for its efficient and accommodating service. They mentioned that the staff went above and beyond to ensure a stress-free and enjoyable experience, whether it was helping in emergencies, explaining insurance coverage, or providing quick appointments.
Dr.Christian S. Miller, OD
2045 NJ-57, Hackettstown, NJ 07840
The staff’s friendly and professional manner earns consistent praise, as do the office’s informative exams and diligent COVID-19 protocols. While most reviews laud the clean facilities and attentive care, one customer was disappointed with the treatment they received for their cataracts.
- Friendly and inviting staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being cordial, friendly, and helpful, creating a positive and welcoming environment for patients.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Reviewers highlight doctors' excellence in explaining eye exams and answering questions, providing a comfortable and informative experience.
- Efficient and fast service: Many reviewers appreciate the quick and efficient nature of their appointments, with timely scheduling, minimal wait times, and swift yet thorough care.
- COVID precautions: The eye care center is commended for practicing COVID precautions, such as staff wearing masks and maintaining a safe distance, ensuring a safe and comfortable experience for patients.
Flanders Family Eye Care
240 US-206 #5, Flanders, NJ 07836
The eye care center is highly recommended for thorough eye exams, an attentive and informed staff, and glasses fitting. Dr. Corney’s expertise and patient care are particularly noted. A couple reviews cited issues with customer service and appointment scheduling, though most praise the accommodating service.
- Detailed and effective eye exams
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Accommodating and patient-focused care
Stanhope Eye Associates
145 NJ-183, Stanhope, NJ 07874
While most patients report an efficient, thorough, and friendly experience at Stanhope Eye Associates, one reviewer cites a long wait time for glasses and rude service. The majority indicate a positive experience and would recommend this eye care center.
- Efficient and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mentioned the thoroughness of the eye exams and the efficient process from check-in to ordering glasses.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers praised the staff for their friendliness, professionalism, and attentive customer service, including accommodating emergency visits and answering questions in detail.
Washington Family Eyecare
123 W Washington Ave, Washington, NJ 07882
Customers consistently report thorough, professional eye exams by knowledgeable, compassionate doctors who take time to explain in detail. The staff is praised as friendly. Prices are reasonable and the facility clean and well-maintained. Overall, this eye care center comes highly recommended for all ages.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Reviewers consistently mention that they had thorough and detailed eye exams at this eye care center.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly, patient, and helpful. They are described as professional and courteous.
- Reasonable prices and good selection of glasses: Several reviews mention that the prices for eye care services and glasses are reasonable at this center. Additionally, there is a good selection of glasses to choose from.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New Jersey
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New Jersey experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New Jersey, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New Jersey
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New Jersey.
- The The percentage of people in New Jersey that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 5%. and The percentage of people in New Jersey who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was slightly lower than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, suggesting that smoking may slightly increase the risk of vision problems in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New Jersey
- In New Jersey, 4.65% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New Jersey
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.6% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.19% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New Jersey face even higher rates at 8.56%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New Jersey
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New Jersey.
- 9.54% of those with diabetes and 4.05% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New Jersey
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.89% of children in New Jersey having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.01% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New Jersey
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.65% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New Jersey.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.