Best Eye Doctors In Ewing, NJ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Ewing Optometrists in Ewing, Ewing, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Ewing reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Ewing.
2999 Princeton Pike, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
Patients visiting the eye care center had rewarding experiences with attentive staff and skilled doctors who adeptly guided them through quick, easy procedures with only minor discomfort after. Many patients enthusiastically recommend this center for its transformative, positive impact.
- Friendly and professional staff who make patients feel comfortable and reassured throughout the process.
- Painless procedures with minimal discomfort, leading to quick recovery and improved vision.
- Knowledgeable and attentive doctors who explain each step of the procedure and address all concerns.
Matossian Eye Associates – Hopewell Office
2 Capital Way #326, Pennington, NJ 08534
The eye care center is highly recommended for its excellent service, thorough exams, and warm, professional staff. Drs. Desai, Lesniak, and Matossian come most recommended for their expertise and attentive care. A couple reviews cite long wait times and organizational issues.
- Outstanding service and thorough eye exams: The eye care center provides exceptional service and conducts thorough eye exams, making sure to address all concerns.
- Professional and pleasant staff: The staff members, including the front desk staff and assistants, are professional, courteous, and pleasant, creating a positive experience for patients.
- Knowledgeable doctors: The doctors at the eye care center are knowledgeable, attentive, and explain everything before and after the eye exams, ensuring a high level of care.
Lawrenceville Eye Care
4 Princess Rd STE 202, Lawrence Township, NJ 08648
The first two reviews detail dissatisfaction with unnecessary additional charges. However, the third commends the professionalism, friendliness, and efficiency of the knowledgeable staff, making a favorable recommendation.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams conducted at this facility are comprehensive, detailed, and provide helpful information to the patients.
- Clean and safe environment: Several reviews highlight the cleanliness and safety precautions taken at the eye care center, such as maintaining social distancing, providing hand sanitizers, and regularly cleaning instruments. This helps patients feel secure during their visits, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
150 Quakerbridge Mall, Lawrence Township, NJ 08648
The eye doctors receive overwhelmingly positive reviews for their thorough exams, expertise, and passion. Patients describe the staff as friendly and efficient, contributing to a pleasant experience. While most praise the practice, one negative review mentions an unpleasant interaction with a staff member.
- The optometrists, Dr. Malik and Dr. Cooper, are highly recommended by multiple reviewers for their passion, thoroughness, and knowledge during eye exams.
- The staff is described as cordial, efficient, and accommodating, making the overall experience pleasant and comfortable.
- The optometrists take the time to explain the findings of the exam in layman's terms, providing clear explanations and answering any questions or concerns.
Visionworks Doctors of Optometry
1400 Parkway Ave, Ewing Township, NJ 08628
Visionworks Ewing NJ was praised for professional appointments and staff like Christina. Some negatives included unprofessionalism, long contact waits, and occasional rude service. Overall, customers appreciated the thorough eye exams and helpful service.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are professional and knowledgeable. They know their job well and provide a pleasant experience from beginning to end.
- Great selection of glasses: Several customers praise the wide selection of glasses available at this location. They appreciate the help they received in finding the perfect pair of glasses that fit their style and needs.
- Affordable and transparent pricing: Many reviewers mention that the eye care center offers affordable options and does their best to help customers get the most out of their insurance coverage. They appreciate the transparency and clear explanation of pricing and costs.
Cornerstone Eye Care
3495 US-1, Princeton, NJ 08540
Cornerstone Eye Care is highly recommended for their caring and friendly staff, led by Dr. Justin Landolfi. Patients appreciate the comprehensive eye exams and excellent service. The eye care center also offers a wide selection of stylish frames at reasonable prices, making the purchasing process quick and simple.
- Highly knowledgeable and attentive eye doctor: Customers praise Dr. Justin Landolfi for his thorough and comprehensive eye exams, as well as his willingness to take the time to explain everything clearly and answer questions.
- Great selection of modern frames: The eye care center offers a diverse and top-quality range of frames, allowing customers to find stylish and up-to-date options.
- Friendly and caring staff: Numerous reviewers mention the kind and welcoming nature of the staff at Cornerstone Eye Care, making patients feel genuinely cared for and creating a pleasant experience.
Chirag S. Shah, MD
2999 Princeton Pike # 1, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
The majority of reviews for this eye care center laud Dr. Shah and his staff for their professionalism, kindness, and surgical expertise. Patients report successful experiences with procedures like Lasik and cataract surgery. One less positive review cites a billing issue and difficulty booking a follow-up visit.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable surgeon (Dr. Shah) with a successful track record of various eye procedures including Lasik, Keratakonis surgery, and cataract removal.
- Friendly and compassionate staff who make patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process.
- Excellent bedside manner and personalized care provided by Dr. Shah, including follow-up calls to check on patients after surgery and availability for after-hours support.
Cynthia Matossian, M.D., F.A.C.S.
2 Capital Way #326, Pennington, NJ 08534
Matossian Eye Associates patients report an exceptional experience overall, with knowledgeable, considerate, and thorough staff during exams. Dr. Cynthia Matossian earns high marks for her professionalism, thoroughness, and attentive care. While some negative feedback exists regarding employee Kate, most reviews enthusiastically recommend the practice.
- Knowledgeable and considerate staff: The staff members at Matossian Eye Associates are knowledgeable and considerate, providing thorough explanations and making patients feel at ease during eye exams and procedures.
- Professional and thorough examinations: Dr. Cynthia Matossian and her team provide professional and thorough eye examinations, ensuring that patients are well-informed about their eye health and any potential concerns.
- Innovative and forward-thinking approach to treatment: Dr. Matossian takes a forward-thinking and innovative approach to treatment, especially for chronic conditions like dry eye, providing patients with relief from discomfort.
Isaac Bak, OD
1750 Nottingham Way, Hamilton Township, NJ 08619
Dr. Bak comes highly recommended for his patient care, thorough exams, and expertise treating eye conditions. Many loyal patients praise his skill identifying issues and referring to specialists. However, one review cited long waits and unprofessional behavior, so weigh the positives against potential negatives.
- Dr. Bak is a trusted and down-to-earth doctor who prioritizes patients over profit.
- The staff at this eye care center is patient, accommodating, and genuinely cares about their patients' well-being.
- Dr. Bak is extremely thorough, competent, and takes the time to answer technical questions, making patients feel confident in his diagnosis and treatment.
100 Canal Pointe Blvd #100, Princeton, NJ 08540
Outlook Eyecare customers report satisfactory experiences with knowledgeable doctors during routine eye exams. Reviewers praise the optical shop’s excellent customer service, speedy delivery, frame warranties, and quality workmanship. In general, patients recommend Outlook Eyecare for meeting eye care needs.
- Kind, courteous, and knowledgeable doctors
- Excellent customer service and knowledgeable staff at the eyeglasses shop
- Speedy delivery of glasses with in-house lens grinding
- High-quality frames and current selection available
- Positive experience with cataract surgery and follow-up care
- Warm and professional staff taking COVID precautions
- Care, compassion, and concern from doctors and staff
- No pressure to buy expensive glasses
- Corrected a prescription that previous optometrists got wrong
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff with short wait times
- Excellent job with retinal detachment fix and cornea surgery
3100 Princeton Pike Building#1 Suite 2F, Lawrence Township, NJ 08648
Lawrenceville Optician is lauded for exceptional service and skilled expertise, especially in glasses repair. Patients highlight the kind, professional staff and wide selection. This eye care center comes highly recommended for friendly service, quality products, and attentive customer care.
- Highly skilled and responsive team that provides exceptional customer service.
- Offers a wide selection of glasses and provides efficient glasses repair services.
- Friendly and professional staff that takes time to explain options and ensure customer satisfaction.
140 Franklin Corner Rd, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
The majority of reviews for this eye care center are positive, citing knowledgeable and skilled doctors like Dr. Friedman and Dr. Prenner. However, some mention lengthy 1.5-2 hour wait times, a common grievance. A few others highlight unprofessional staff and insufficient communication and thoroughness during appointments.
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced doctors: Reviewers consistently praise the expertise and knowledge of the doctors at this eye care center. They mention that the doctors take a holistic approach, have extensive knowledge, and are skilled in their field.
- Professional and caring staff: The staff, including nurses and office workers, are commended for being friendly, helpful, and professional. Reviewers appreciate the caring and attentive nature of the staff.
- Effective retinal treatment: Patients with retinal issues express satisfaction with the treatment provided at this eye care center. They mention that the treatments are effective and that they trust the doctors to handle their retinal conditions.
Alma Jacobsen OD, Family Eye Care
1700 Nottingham Way, Hamilton Township, NJ 08619
Dr. Jacobsen’s eye care center is highly regarded for the friendly, informative service. Customers comment on the welcoming staff and appreciate the wide selection of eyeglasses and quality care.
- Friendly and informative staff: Dr. Jacobsen and the staff at this eye care center are highly praised for their friendliness and informative approach. This can create a comfortable and welcoming environment for patients during their eye exams and other eye care services.
- Excellent service: The overall service at this eye care center receives positive feedback. This can indicate that the staff is attentive to patients' needs and provides a high level of care during eye exams.
- Selection of eyeglasses: Customers appreciate the variety and quality of eyeglasses available at this eye care center. This can be beneficial for those in need of new glasses as they will have a wide range of options to choose from.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New Jersey
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New Jersey experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New Jersey, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New Jersey
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New Jersey.
- The The percentage of people in New Jersey that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 5%. and The percentage of people in New Jersey who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was slightly lower than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, suggesting that smoking may slightly increase the risk of vision problems in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New Jersey
- In New Jersey, 4.65% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New Jersey
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.6% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.19% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New Jersey face even higher rates at 8.56%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New Jersey
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New Jersey.
- 9.54% of those with diabetes and 4.05% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New Jersey
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.89% of children in New Jersey having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.01% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New Jersey
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.65% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New Jersey.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.