Best Eye Doctors In East Brunswick, NJ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed East Brunswick Optometrists in East Brunswick, East Brunswick, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze East Brunswick reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in East Brunswick.
755 NJ-18 Suite 526, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
LensCrafters customers appreciate the exceptional service and friendliness of the eye doctors and staff, with one parent raving about a doctor’s skill with their child. Reviewers describe communicative, helpful associates and a clean office with advanced equipment. Specific staff like Ana Liz and Kapila earn praise for customer service in selecting glasses. A couple reviews cited concerns over required retinal imaging and inconsistent pricing communication.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center, including the doctors and associates at LensCrafters, were exceptional, personable, and went above and beyond to ensure a pleasant experience. They were praised for their friendliness, communication, and helpfulness in assisting with frame selection.
- State-of-the-art equipment and convenient services: The center was commended for having clean facilities and state-of-the-art equipment for eye exams. Reviewers appreciated the efficient and quick service, with one reviewer mentioning that they were able to get their prescription, select frames, and receive their glasses within a short time frame. Additionally, the center offered contact lens services and had a full working lab on-site for speedy production of glasses.
- Affordable prices for glasses: Several reviewers mentioned that the frames at this eye care center were significantly less costly than expected, even for designer brands. This affordability was appreciated by customers.
326 NJ-18, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Reviews of the eye care centers were highly mixed, with some patients having unprofessional and unsatisfactory experiences like an unfamiliar doctor, failed contact lens exam, poor communication, long wait times, and even theft. However, many reviewers appreciated the friendly staff, thorough exams, insurance help, and atmosphere, with some having exceptional service for insurance issues. Though there were negatives, many still recommended and planned to return.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being kind, sweet, and informative. They are praised for their assistance in picking out frames, explaining insurance coverage, and resolving issues with insurance.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviews highlight the doctors performing thorough eye exams, addressing concerns, and providing professional and detailed recommendations.
- Convenient and efficient service: The eye care center is commended for offering same-day appointments, minimal waiting times, and efficient paperwork processes. Additionally, the staff is praised for their patience and support during eye exams, especially for children and those with specific needs.
434 NJ-18, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
This eye care center receives positive feedback for its efficient, friendly service. Patients find it easy to book appointments and describe the exams as thorough, with doctors who communicate clearly. Many also praise the helpful, professional staff for aiding with frame selection and adjustments.
- The staff at this eye care center is knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. They provide excellent care and have a thorough understanding of their patients' needs.
- This location offers a wide selection of glasses, making it a great place to find the perfect pair for your needs.
- The customer service at this eye care center is outstanding. The staff is attentive, patient, and helpful throughout the entire process, from scheduling appointments to selecting frames.
The Eye Health Group of East Brunswick
326 NJ-18, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Customers speak highly of the eye care center’s helpful and friendly staff, easy appointment scheduling, and thorough, informative eye exams. The doctors are professional, caring, and knowledgeable. Some customers note room for improvement with front desk customer service and billing.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Customers consistently mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough and provide detailed information about their findings, allowing them to make informed decisions about their eye care.
- Caring and professional staff: Reviewers praise the professionalism and caring nature of the doctors and staff at this eye care center. They mention feeling listened to, having their questions answered, and receiving personalized attention that makes them feel valued as individuals.
- Easy appointment scheduling and welcoming environment: Multiple reviews mention that it is easy to make appointments at this eye care center and that the staff is friendly and welcoming. The overall experience is described as pleasant and professional.
University Children’s Eye Center
4 Cornwall Ct, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
While some patients felt appointments were rushed, with one frustrated by the brevity, others experienced long waits and challenges getting records. Yet doctors’ kindness and thoroughness, especially with children, earned praise. COVID-19 protocols also won appreciation for their efficiency.
- Competent and caring doctors: Several reviews mention that the doctors, particularly Dr. Rana and Dr. Hudges, are thorough, patient, kind, and great with children. They take the time to explain conditions and make patients feel comfortable.
- Child-friendly environment: The office is described as friendly and warm for kids, with staff who are patient and understanding. There are also engaging elements like little dogs and giraffes that walk and bark, which help children feel more at ease during their visit.
- COVID-19 safety measures: The eye center has implemented effective COVID-19 protocols, such as waiting in the car, texting upon arrival, and minimizing waiting time in the office. This helps ensure a safe environment for patients and their families.
Ophthalmic Consultants of NJ – Michael Su, M.D.
620 Cranbury Rd #205, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Dr. Michael Su earns high marks for his compassionate, thorough, professional care. Patients appreciate his minimal wait times, COVID safety, and cleanliness. Many strongly recommend his expertise in cataract surgery and addressing all concerns. While some reviews cite appointment and staff issues, his practice is overwhelmingly praised.
- Highly skilled and compassionate eye doctor: Dr. Michael Su is praised for his compassion, wisdom, and dedication to his patients. He performs thorough eye exams, provides clear explanations, and addresses all concerns and requests quickly and with care. Patients appreciate his expertise and the successful outcomes of their treatments, including cataract surgeries.
- Efficient and prompt care: Patients commend the office staff for their supportive and helpful nature. They mention minimal wait times, especially in emergency situations, and a smooth and quick process from appointment scheduling to follow-up visits. The office is also described as clean, modern, and following strict COVID safety practices.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Both Dr. Su and his team of professionals are considered knowledgeable, thorough, and friendly. They take the time to answer all questions and concerns, making patients feel comfortable and valued. Many reviewers mention recommending Dr. Su to others, highlighting the competence and friendliness of the entire staff.
Fields Of Vision–Dr. Marshall Field
1825 US-130, North Brunswick Township, NJ 08902
Dr. Field’s office is highly regarded for its comprehensive eye exams, attentive and professional care, and friendly atmosphere. Patients report better vision after visiting. Safety measures during COVID-19 include limited capacity, temperature checks, and thorough cleaning.
- Comprehensive and personalized care: Patients praised Dr. Field's thoroughness and dedication to understanding their specific eye issues, resulting in improved vision and quality of life. They appreciated the time he took during eye exams and his ability to address underlying issues.
- Professional and friendly staff: Reviewers noted the warm and welcoming atmosphere of the clinic. The staff, from the front desk to the assistants, were described as friendly, patient, and knowledgeable. They made patients feel comfortable and accommodated their needs, particularly for seniors and those with limited mobility.
- Efficient and prompt service: Many reviewers mentioned the minimal wait times and efficient scheduling of appointments. They appreciated being seen promptly and having the necessary tests and exams completed without unnecessary delays. Additionally, the quick turnaround time for glasses and contacts was mentioned positively.
Witlin Center for Advanced Eye Care
385 NJ-18 STE H, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
The Witlin Center receives largely positive reviews for attentive eye exams and caring staff. Patients appreciate detailed explanations from knowledgeable doctors and technicians. However, some experienced limited specialist availability, rude staff, and surgical issues. Many recommend the center for honest, quality care, though isolated negatives arose regarding billing and procedures.
- The employees at the Witlin Center for Advanced Eye Care are described as thorough, kind, patient, and knowledgeable. They provide excellent care during eye exams and make patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- The doctors at the Witlin Center are highly recommended for their honesty, expertise, and commitment to patient well-being. They take the time to explain procedures and treatment options, providing guidance and support to ensure the best outcome for the patients.
- The staff at the Witlin Center are described as friendly, accommodating, and helpful. They go above and beyond to make patients feel welcome and cared for, from the front desk to the technicians and surgery coordinators. The office is also clean and well-maintained, providing a pleasant environment for eye care.
162 Summerhill Rd, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Wayne provides excellent customer service and expertly repairs and fits glasses at Custom Eyes. Customers appreciate his commitment to understanding their needs and delivering quality work. He receives consistent praise for his knowledge, patience and care. Customers highly recommend Custom Eyes and Wayne for all eyeglass needs.
- Exceptional customer service: Multiple reviewers praised the owner, Wayne, for his helpfulness, patience, and knowledge. He goes above and beyond to assist customers and provides attentive service.
- Expert repairs: Wayne is highly skilled at repairing glasses, even difficult and old pairs. He is able to fix various issues quickly and efficiently, ensuring that customers' glasses are good as new.
Matthew A. Kelleman, OD
36 N Main St, Milltown, NJ 08850
Dr. Kelleman provides thorough eye exams and addresses patient concerns with knowledge and care. His professional yet compassionate approach earns acclaim, as does his helpful office staff. While some reviews cite insurance and prescription issues, most patients strongly recommend Dr. Kelleman.
- Dr. Kelleman and his staff are highly knowledgeable and provide thorough eye exams.
- They take the time to explain everything in detail and ensure that patients understand their eye health.
- The office is clean, organized, and the staff is friendly and welcoming.
545 NJ-18, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Patients consistently commend Dr. Abadeer for his attentive exam approach, tailored care plans, enthusiasm for ophthalmology, and success resolving previously overlooked conditions. Patients also appreciate the extensive eyewear selection and helpful staff. Logos Vision comes highly recommended for top-tier service, skilled personnel, and accessible booking.
- Dr. Abadeer is highly thorough and knowledgeable, providing personalized and attentive eye care.
- The staff at Logos Vision is welcoming and friendly, creating a comfortable and endearing atmosphere.
- The facility is beautiful and well-maintained, offering a large variety of trendy glasses and frames.
Kung Eye Center
192 Summerhill Rd, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
The staff provide excellent post-op care for cataract patients. Patients reported no complications and felt well cared for. Dr. Kung is knowledgeable and caring.
- Highly trained staff: The eye care center has highly trained staff who can provide expert care and knowledge during eye exams and procedures, ensuring a high level of service.
- Experienced and caring doctor: Dr. Kung is highly knowledgeable and demonstrates a caring attitude towards patients, ensuring they feel comfortable and understood during their eye care journey.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New Jersey
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New Jersey experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New Jersey, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New Jersey
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New Jersey.
- The The percentage of people in New Jersey that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 5%. and The percentage of people in New Jersey who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was slightly lower than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, suggesting that smoking may slightly increase the risk of vision problems in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New Jersey
- In New Jersey, 4.65% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New Jersey
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.6% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.19% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New Jersey face even higher rates at 8.56%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New Jersey
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New Jersey.
- 9.54% of those with diabetes and 4.05% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New Jersey
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.89% of children in New Jersey having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.01% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New Jersey
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.65% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New Jersey.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.