Best Eye Doctors In West Lebanon, NH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed West Lebanon Optometrists in West Lebanon, West Lebanon, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze West Lebanon reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in West Lebanon.
45 Lyme Rd #201, Hanover, NH 03755
Hanover Eyecare Clinic provides a positive, comprehensive eye care experience. Patients praise the friendly, helpful staff and thorough exams by professionals like Dr. Styczynski and Dr. Pittman. Many had their first eye exam here and appreciated the staff’s efforts to make it an enjoyable, educational visit. With a wide selection of frames, Hanover Eyecare comes highly recommended.
- Efficient and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the efficient and friendly staff, from the front desk to technicians and doctors. This suggests that the team at this eye care center is helpful and creates a positive experience for patients.
- Thorough eye exams: Reviewers specifically mention that their eye exams were thorough and professional. This indicates that the eye care center focuses on providing in-depth examinations to ensure the best care for their patients.
- Wide selection of frames: One review mentions a good selection of frames and excellent assistance in choosing the right ones. This suggests that the eye care center offers a variety of options for patients looking for glasses, and the staff is knowledgeable in helping with frame selection.
Fields of Vision Eye Care Inc
410 Miracle Mile, Lebanon, NH 03766
Fields of Vision Eye Care is praised for Dr. Fields’ comprehensive, advanced approach. Patients appreciate the compassionate, knowledgeable staff and state-of-the-art equipment. Reviews highlight thorough exams and clear explanations from Dr. Fields. Highly recommended overall, with one negative review about an eyewear order issue.
- Advanced technology: The eye care center is equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, ensuring a proactive and comprehensive approach to eye care.
- Knowledgeable and compassionate staff: The team, led by Dr. Chris Fields, is described as compassionate, friendly, and accommodating. They provide thorough explanations, sensible advice, and excellent customer service.
- Focus on patient satisfaction: The eye care center goes the extra mile to ensure patient satisfaction, offering multiple visits for adjustments, taking the time to understand and address concerns, and offering affordable options for testing and treatments.
North Country Eye Care
10 Benning St # 10, West Lebanon, NH 03784
North Country Eye Care draws praise for diagnosing and treating vision problems. Patients commend the friendly, professional staff and thorough exams. However, one patient cited a delay receiving trial contacts and subpar care.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: The staff at North Country Eye Care are described as friendly, polite, and knowledgeable. They take the time to explain the eye exam process and make patients feel comfortable.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Many reviewers praised the thoroughness of the eye exams at North Country Eye Care. The doctors take the time to explain the results and offer helpful advice for eye care and glasses.
- Prompt and efficient service: Patients appreciate the promptness and efficiency of North Country Eye Care. Reviews mention that appointments start on time and that there is new equipment available to speed up the exam process.
Valley Vision Eye Care
165 Mechanic St, Lebanon, NH 03766
The eye care center is highly regarded for their cutting-edge and comprehensive eye exams, attentive and skilled doctors, and pleasant visits. While some patients have encountered insurance coverage issues for certain services, the friendly staff provides quality care at reasonable prices. Patients praise the personalized attention, thoughtful employees, and affordability.
- High-tech and thorough eye exams: The eye care center has brand new, up-to-date equipment and provides a comprehensive and enjoyable eye exam experience.
- Friendly and professional staff: Both Dr. Hastie and Dr. Jones are praised for their friendly and personable approach, making patients feel comfortable and valued. The office staff is also described as considerate, helpful, and accommodating.
- Affordable prices and no pressure sales: Patients appreciate the reasonable prices, especially considering insurance coverage limitations. The staff does not apply pressure to purchase additional products or services.
Gallagher Eye Care Associates, PLLC
53 S Main St Suite #2, Hanover, NH 03755
Dr. Gallagher receives consistent positive feedback for his thorough exams, expertise, and friendly manner. He takes extra time to address patients’ concerns. His professional, helpful staff contribute to an excellent patient experience. Patients describe Dr. Gallagher as trustworthy, personable, and very knowledgeable.
- Dr. Gallagher is thorough, knowledgeable, and personable, providing a comfortable and trusting experience.
- He goes above and beyond, taking the time to address concerns, find issues, and provide tailored solutions.
- The staff is extremely nice, professional, and helpful, creating a welcoming and efficient environment.
Donald M. Miller, MD
1 Medical Center Dr, Lebanon, NH 03756
The reviewer plans to undergo an unspecified eye surgery procedure at this office in the near future. Details about the procedure or the reviewer’s experience with the eye care center were not provided.
- Prompt attention: According to the review, the eye care center seems to prioritize efficiency and quick service, which could potentially result in prompt scheduling for surgeries or other procedures.
- Focus on surgical procedures: The review specifically mentions wanting surgery soon, indicating that the eye care center has expertise and experience in performing surgical procedures, making it a suitable choice for those seeking specialized eye care treatments.
53 S Main St, Hanover, NH 03755
Dr. Gallagher at Hill Opticians receives high marks for his expertise and congenial bedside manner. Customers also appreciate the wide selection of frames and responsive customer service. Some concerns have been raised regarding lens quality and accuracy of sales information. However, most customers report positive experiences and would readily recommend Hill Opticians.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff, particularly Dr. Gallagher.
- Timely appointments and quick repairs for glasses.
200 S Main St, West Lebanon, NH 03784
The reviews are mostly positive, highlighting the staff’s helpfulness, friendliness and expertise. Customers appreciated the timely service and affordable prices. One negative review cited rude staff and poor service. In general, most customers were satisfied with the care received.
- Prompt and efficient repairs: The eye care center quickly fixed a broken arm on a pair of glasses in minutes, providing a new arm for a nominal fee. They also straightened and tightened glasses frames for free, even on a holiday weekend.
- Helpful and accommodating adjustments: The staff made fine-tuning adjustments to glasses frames, such as replacing nose pads and adjusting angles, to improve comfort and vision clarity. These adjustments made a significant difference, resolving issues like the fishbowl effect for a customer with progressive lenses.
- Friendly and personalized service: Customers appreciate the friendly and reassuring attitude of the staff, who make them feel comfortable and confident in their eye care choices. The staff engages in conversation, answers questions, and provides a pleasant experience throughout the entire process.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New Hampshire
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New Hampshire reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New Hampshire, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New Hampshire
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New Hampshire.
- The In New Hampshire in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 2.6 times higher among those with diabetes compared to the overall population, indicating that diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and The percentage of people in New Hampshire who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was higher than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New Hampshire
- In New Hampshire, 3.34% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New Hampshire
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.04% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.55% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New Hampshire face even higher rates at 4.89%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New Hampshire
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New Hampshire.
- 8.66% of those with diabetes and 6.15% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New Hampshire
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.98% of children in New Hampshire having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New Hampshire
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.34% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New Hampshire.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.