Best Eye Doctors In Nashua, NH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Nashua Optometrists in Nashua, Nashua, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Nashua reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Nashua.
Nashua Eye Associates
5 Coliseum Ave, Nashua, NH 03063
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their professional, expert, and thorough doctors performing eye exams and surgeries. However, one doctor was noted to be rude and unprofessional. Another refused to provide an eyeglass prescription.
- Experienced and thorough doctors: Reviewers mentioned that the doctors at this eye care center, such as Dr. Patrick Riddle, Dr. Timothy Blake, and Dr. Boulter, are knowledgeable, professional, and provide excellent care. They have been able to diagnose and treat various eye conditions, including cataracts, and have delivered successful surgical procedures.
- Friendly, helpful, and supportive staff: The staff at this eye care center, from the receptionists to the medical personnel, have been described as friendly, supportive, and accommodating. They create a comfortable and welcoming environment for patients and take the time to listen to concerns and provide comprehensive explanations of diagnoses and treatment options.
- Modern and well-maintained facilities: Patients have noted that this eye care center has modern, clean, and well-maintained facilities, creating a pleasant and professional environment. The waiting area is comfortable and organized, and the equipment used for eye exams and surgeries is up-to-date.
Focused Eye Care – Nashua
505 W Hollis St STE 109, Nashua, NH 03062
Focused Eye Care receives positive feedback for thorough eye exams by knowledgeable doctors who explain results. The office is well-run, with friendly, professional staff. Some patients report billing issues and overpriced frames.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Focused Eye Care is professional, friendly, and happy to help. This creates a welcoming environment for patients seeking eye care.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Several reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams at Focused Eye Care. The doctors take their time to explain the results of the exams and ensure that patients understand their eye health.
- Personalized care and attention: Reviewers appreciate the personalized touch they receive at Focused Eye Care. The doctors take into account the patient's overall health situation and address any concerns or issues. They also go the extra mile to correct any previous mistakes and ensure patient satisfaction.
8 Stiles Rd #106, Salem, NH 03079
Salem Vision Center has received high customer satisfaction for their friendly staff, fast exams, expert optometrists, expansive eyewear selection, and same-day service. However, some experienced issues with order processing and unaccommodating employees. Overall, SVC provides quality vision care and exceptional service.
- Friendly and personable staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and attentive staff, from the receptionist to the doctors. They create a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
- Knowledgeable providers: Users appreciate the expertise and knowledge of the optometrists at Salem Vision Center. The doctors take their time to thoroughly explain the eye exam process and ensure that patients understand their eye health.
- Great selection of eyewear: Many reviewers praise the wide selection of eyewear available at Salem Vision Center. They mention finding frames they really liked and appreciate the variety and quality of the options.
Dr. Anthony Fusco & Associates
225 Daniel Webster Hwy, Nashua, NH 03060
The eye care center is praised for having a friendly and professional staff who provide thorough eye exams and help patients choose glasses. Customers appreciate the reasonable prices and staff’s willingness to accommodate needs. However, one patient expressed frustration over lack of assistance after experiencing issues with new lenses. The reviews are largely positive, though this negative experience indicates room for improvement in follow-up care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at this eye care center are described as genuinely friendly, kind, and professional. They provide assistance with trying on lenses and help answer questions regarding eyewear choices.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams conducted by the doctors at this center are thorough, informative, and state-of-the-art. The doctors take the time to explain options and results in great detail.
- Excellent customer service: Customers appreciate the exceptional customer service provided at this eye care center. Even in situations where there were system issues, the staff went above and beyond to ensure that customers were seen and taken care of. The staff is described as courteous, knowledgeable, and efficient.
Dr. Michael Abrams & Associates
310 Daniel Webster Hwy #259, Nashua, NH 03060
The eye care center’s doctors receive positive reviews for their thorough, knowledgeable, and caring approach during comprehensive eye exams. Patients appreciate the detailed explanations and personalized recommendations. However, some patients report disappointing experiences with other staff during frame selection. There are also complaints of unexpected charges and high prices at the affiliated LensCrafters. Still, many recommend the eye care center for expert eye exams and streamlined processes.
- Dr. Redmond and Dr. Abrams are thorough and take the time to understand your medical history, ensuring you receive the best prescription and health check-up.
- The staff is helpful and knowledgeable, providing assistance in finding frames and answering any questions.
- The eye exams are quick and informative, with high-tech equipment and options for digital imaging instead of dilation.
225 Daniel Webster Hwy, Nashua, NH 03060
Patients consistently praise the thorough eye exams and attentive customer service from the friendly, professional doctors and staff at this highly-rated eye care center. Multiple reviewers appreciated the doctors taking time to explain eye health and insurance. The staff helps customers select frames and ensure personalized care.
- Efficient and thorough eye exams: Customers praised the optometrist for performing eye exams quickly and explaining each step clearly.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the pleasant and helpful nature of the staff, both at the doctor's office and in the store. Customers felt cared for and appreciated the assistance they received in selecting frames and understanding insurance coverage.
NH Eye Associates
25 Buttrick Rd C3, Londonderry, NH 03053
The eye care center has largely received positive feedback for their friendly and knowledgeable staff, clean facilities, and comprehensive exams. While some patients noted issues with glasses adjustments or receptionists, most reviews recommend the center and report positive experiences.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the friendly and attentive staff, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of during their eye exams.
- Thorough and educational exams: Reviewers expressed satisfaction with the thoroughness of their exams and appreciated the detailed explanations provided by the optometrists, especially when it came to addressing concerns about their vision.
- Convenient scheduling and efficient service: Several reviewers mentioned the ease of scheduling appointments, with some mentioning the ability to schedule online. Additionally, the office was described as efficient, with short wait times and prompt service.
IlluminEyes Vision Care
262 Main Dunstable Rd, Nashua, NH 03062
IlluminEyes earns overwhelmingly positive reviews for their professional, thorough, and friendly eye doctors and staff. Patients feel well-cared for through personalized attention, detailed exam explanations, and help choosing and maintaining glasses. A couple reviews cite issues with service and billing.
- Personalized and attentive service: Reviewers mention feeling like they had their own personal fashion consultant and being treated with intimacy that is not usually found in larger practices. The staff and doctors at IlluminEyes are described as professional, friendly, patient, and thorough in explaining everything.
- Excellent eye exams: Customers praise the doctors at IlluminEyes for their thoroughness, professionalism, and caring approach. They appreciate the state-of-the-art testing equipment used during the exams and the attention to detail in diagnosing and addressing their vision concerns.
- Exceptional customer service: IlluminEyes is commended for their outstanding customer service. They are willing to go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction, such as fixing frames and ordering replacements at no additional cost. The staff is described as pleasant, knowledgeable, and friendly, making the overall experience enjoyable.
- Note: These pros are based on the positive reviews provided. The negative review criticizing the need to pay for a review and the poor service experienced after purchasing glasses is not taken into account.
370 Daniel Webster Hwy, Merrimack, NH 03054
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its knowledgeable and friendly doctors, thorough exams, and helpful staff. A few negative reviews cite issues with insurance coverage, incorrect prescriptions, and high frame prices. Overall it seems a good option for eye exams, though customers should be aware of potential insurance and pricing concerns when visiting.
- Friendly and knowledgeable doctors who take the time to explain and show concern for patients' eye problems.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams using up-to-date technology.
- Helpful and professional staff who assist with frame selection and provide excellent customer service.
Carozza Eye Care
380 Daniel Webster Hwy #9, Merrimack, NH 03054
Carozza Eye Care receives positive feedback for their attentive customer service, knowledgeable optometrists, and wide frame selection. Patients comment on the comprehensive eye exams and personalized help finding the optimal glasses. Frames are affordably priced and ready swiftly. Customers consistently express satisfaction with their eye care from Carozza.
- Large selection of frames: Customers appreciate the wide variety of frames available at Carozza Eye Care, ranging from budget-conscious options to high-end designer styles.
- Highly knowledgeable and helpful staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful staff at Carozza Eye Care. From guiding customers in choosing the right glasses to answering questions and explaining results, the staff at this eye care center is praised for their expertise and customer service.
- Reasonable prices and quick service: Customers are satisfied with the reasonable prices offered by Carozza Eye Care, as well as the efficiency of their service. Many reviewers noted that their new glasses were ready in less than a week, and the overall experience was quick and satisfactory.
Dr. Leigh S Chervenka
163 Amherst St, Nashua, NH 03064
Dr. Leigh and Dr. Chervenka provide thorough and patient eye exams with clear explanations. Their office offers a comfortable experience with courteous staff, prompt notifications, and variety of eyewear. Highly recommended by both adults and children.
- Highly recommended for pediatric eye exams. Dr. Leigh has a kind and comfortable approach, making it easy for children to understand the process.
- Utilizes state-of-the-art technology for comprehensive eye exams. Dr. Chervenka provides thorough exams without the need for dilation and effectively explains findings.
- Courteous and professional staff. Patients appreciate the helpful front desk and optician who provide ample time and information for frame selection.
204 Main St, Nashua, NH 03060
Myoptic provides exceptional customer service with personalized frame recommendations. Customers appreciate optician Bob’s accommodating service and the unique designer frame selection. Myoptic also offers quality repairs and exclusive brands.
- Personalized service: The optician, Bob, is great at finding frames that best suit your face shape, eye color, and hair color.
- Wide selection of unique designer frames: The eye care center offers an incredible selection of unusual designer frames that you might not find elsewhere.
- Accommodating and trustworthy: Bob is willing to open outside regular hours and provides honest recommendations, making it easy to trust his judgement when choosing frames.
Quimby Eye Associates
163 Amherst St, Nashua, NH 03064
Dr. Quimby brings extensive experience as an optometrist. His calm demeanor and attentive care put patients at ease. With professionalism and accuracy, he provides quality eye care.
- Dr. Quimby has decades of practical experience, ensuring accurate prescriptions and a high level of expertise.
- Dr. Quimby is thorough and attentive to detail, demonstrating genuine care and compassion for patients' needs.
- The overall experience at the eye care center is professional and pleasant.
Faith A. Birnbaum, MD
5 Coliseum Ave, Nashua, NH 03063
Nashua Eye provides exceptional patient care and professionalism for cataract surgery. Dr. Faith Birnbaum and her surgical team ensure patients feel comfortable and informed throughout the process, leading to positive experiences.
- Excellent patient comfort and communication: Reviewers praise the personnel, including Dr. Faith Birnbaum, for making them feel comfortable and well-informed throughout their cataract surgery experience.
- High level of professionalism and care: The eye care center is recognized for its exceptional professionalism and caring approach, ensuring the highest level of service to patients.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New Hampshire
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New Hampshire reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New Hampshire, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New Hampshire
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New Hampshire.
- The In New Hampshire in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 2.6 times higher among those with diabetes compared to the overall population, indicating that diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and The percentage of people in New Hampshire who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was higher than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New Hampshire
- In New Hampshire, 3.34% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New Hampshire
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.04% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.55% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New Hampshire face even higher rates at 4.89%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New Hampshire
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New Hampshire.
- 8.66% of those with diabetes and 6.15% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New Hampshire
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.98% of children in New Hampshire having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New Hampshire
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.34% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New Hampshire.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.