Best Eye Doctors In Manchester, NH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Manchester Optometrists in Manchester, Manchester, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Manchester reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Manchester.
NH Eye Associates – Manchester
764 Second St, Manchester, NH 03102
NH Eye Associates receives largely positive feedback for smooth appointment scheduling, comprehensive eye exams, prescription fulfillment, and quality eyewear. A few negative reviews cite billing confusion, unclear pricing, long waits, and inadequate follow-up. Patients commend Dr. Loranger in particular for his thorough, professional and caring approach.
- Some reviewers had positive experiences with the eye exams, mentioning thoroughness, professionalism, and efficiency.
- The optical department and staff were helpful and kind, offering a great selection of glasses and providing informative assistance.
- The care received from specific doctors, such as Dr. Loranger and Dr. Licciardi, was exceptional, with patients expressing gratitude for their expertise and personalized attention.
1093 Elm St, Manchester, NH 03101
This eye care center is lauded for its prompt and efficient service. Patients commend the friendly, knowledgeable staff. Eye exams are thorough thanks to state-of-the-art equipment. Patients are grateful for help selecting eyeglass frames in a pleasant, caring environment.
- Quick and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this center are quick but thorough, with digital images of the eyes being taken and explained in detail.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Many reviewers praise the friendly and attentive staff, mentioning specific employees by name who provided great customer service and knowledge about eyewear products.
- Up-to-date equipment and knowledgeable doctors: There are positive comments about the center's up-to-date equipment and knowledgeable eye doctors, who provide competent advice and explanations during the exams.
Dr. Michael Abrams & Associates
1500 S Willow St, Manchester, NH 03103
Dr. Pike receives rave reviews at the eye care center for his expertise, efficiency, and charisma during exams. Patients appreciate the friendly, helpful staff and clear explanations throughout the process. Though wait times and uncovered charges are concerns for some, most are pleased with their experiences and intend to return.
- Quick and efficient eye exams: Several customers mentioned that their eye exams were quick and efficient, allowing them to get in and out in no time.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Customers praised the staff for being friendly and helpful, with some mentioning specific doctors who were professional yet fun and made the eye exam process enjoyable.
- Thorough and informative exams: Many customers appreciated that the exams were thorough and that the doctors took the time to explain the process and their findings, providing them with comprehensive information about their ocular health.
Dr. Anthony Fusco & Associates
6 March Ave, Manchester, NH 03103
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their thorough, professional eye exams and friendly, helpful staff. Customers also praise their advanced exam technology. However, some concerns include an unclean restroom and unexpected fees.
- Excellent eye exams: The reviews consistently highlight the positive experience with the eye exams. Patients mention that the doctors are thorough, knowledgeable, and explain the process clearly.
- Fast and efficient service: Several reviews mention the quick and efficient service provided by the staff. Patients appreciate the short wait times and the ease of the eye exam process, including the use of advanced technology.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, including the receptionists and retail floor employees. Patients appreciate the personalized attention and the staff's willingness to engage in conversation.
87 Elm St, Manchester, NH 03101
Customers appreciate the helpful and courteous staff, noting their professionalism and kindness. Many were satisfied with the thorough eye exams and detailed explanations from doctors. The office’s cleanliness and wide selection of glasses were also well-received.
- The staff is personable, professional, and courteous, providing individualized treatment for eye care needs.
- The doctor and associates are thorough in explaining the eye exam process step by step, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of the vision concerns.
2075 S Willow St, Manchester, NH 03103
The caring doctors and professional staff received praise. Patients appreciated the knowledgeable trainee’s assistance during exams. The spacious, clean facility with modern tools also received positive feedback.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Some reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were welcoming, friendly, and helpful. They felt comfortable and appreciated the assistance they received during their eye exams and while selecting glasses.
- Modern equipment and thorough exams: Multiple reviewers noted that the eye care center had modern tools and equipment for eye exams, which contributed to a comprehensive and thorough examination. They appreciated the attention to detail and felt satisfied with the quality of care they received.
Manchester-Bedford Eye Care
779 S Main St, Manchester, NH 03102
Positive reviews praise the eye care center’s friendly, attentive staff, thorough yet comfortable exams, and welcoming atmosphere. Patients appreciate the doctors’ professionalism, knowledge, and patience in answering questions. Many highlight the helpful, respectful staff, particularly with specific needs. Free frame warranties and quickly addressed lens issues also earn positive mentions. Patients are grateful for the exceptional care and consider this their go-to for all eye care.
- Friendly and helpful staff who make patients feel comfortable throughout the whole process.
- Dr. Engelhart is patient and great with children during eye exams.
- The facility is clean and the additional staff are friendly and welcoming.
- The doctors and staff provide thorough and attentive care, answering questions in terms patients can understand.
- Quick appointment times and minimal waiting times.
- Professional and friendly staff who provide great service.
- The eye care professionals have a long-standing reputation and are knowledgeable in their field.
- The staff is respectful and caring, going above and beyond to accommodate patients' needs.
- Great selection of frames and sunglasses, with the option for free warranty coverage.
- The doctors are highly skilled and provide excellent care to patients, addressing concerns promptly.
6 March Ave, Manchester, NH 03103
The eye care center received overwhelmingly positive feedback for its friendly and helpful staff, thorough eye exams, and quality products. A few patients expressed some dissatisfaction with getting the right prescription and feeling rushed during appointments.
- The staff provides superb service and is willing to accommodate time constraints and budget limitations.
- The eye exams are thorough and not rushed, with doctors who are kind, courteous, and willing to explain any questions or concerns. They also take the time to ensure comfort, especially for younger patients.
- The office has a wide selection of glasses within different price ranges, making it easier for customers to find options that fit their budget.
Taylor & Murphy Optical
545 Hooksett Rd #23, Manchester, NH 03104
Taylor & Murphy Optical in Manchester, NH is highly recommended by customers for its friendly, professional, and accommodating staff, thorough eye exams by knowledgeable optometrists, transparent pricing, varied and up-to-date selection of glasses and frames, and excellent customer service resulting from personalized attention and proper adjustments.
- Accommodating and caring staff who provide top quality service
- Thorough and professional eye exams, with the latest technology
- Wide variety of frames and personalized assistance in selecting glasses
Willow Eye Care & Optical
345 S Willow St, Manchester, NH 03103
Willow Eye provides excellent service, replacing lenses and finding frames for broken glasses with kindness and speed. Their welcoming office boasts a friendly staff, wide frame selection, and attentive care. Customers appreciate their support of local small businesses.
- Excellent service and kindness - The eye care center is praised for providing great customer service and going above and beyond to meet the needs of their customers. They promptly found frames for a customer's daughter and replaced lenses, as well as adjusting frames without charge.
- Wide selection of frames - The eye care center offers a diverse range of frames to choose from, giving customers plenty of options when it comes to finding the perfect fit for their style and preferences.
- Personal service and attention to detail - The staff at Willow Eye is commended for being friendly and providing personalized service, ensuring that each customer receives the attention and care that they need during their visit.
Hooksett Family Eyecare Inc
1150 Hooksett Rd, Hooksett, NH 03106
Patients appreciate the eye care center’s helpful staff, especially Jeanne, who carefully evaluates eyes and answers all questions. The clean, COVID-compliant facility also draws praise. Multiple reviewers recommend this center for fast appointments, same-day glasses, excellent service, thorough exams, and fair pricing.
- Knowledgeable and attentive staff: Customers appreciate the time and thoroughness that the staff, especially Jeanne, puts into evaluating their eyes and answering their questions.
- Clean and safe environment: Customers feel safe during their visits as the staff regularly disinfects the space, which is especially important during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Efficient and timely service: The eye care center offers quick appointment availability, with some customers able to get an exam and have their glasses ready on the same day.
The Medical Eye Center – Manchester Office
835 Hanover St Suite 304, Manchester, NH 03104
Dr. Hall’s team provides excellent care, especially for cataracts. Patients report great satisfaction with cataract surgery outcomes. The doctors and staff are compassionate and professional. However, one patient described an unpleasant, unprofessional experience with a doctor who performed emergency detached retina surgery. The same patient highly recommends Dr. Elia’s office in Manchester for its professional and understanding treatment.
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable doctors: Dr. Jason Hall diagnosed multiple eye conditions accurately and provided effective treatment. Dr. Lola Grillo was recommended for specialized eye care, indicating a high level of expertise in the field.
- Positive patient experiences: The second review highlights a pleasant and professional experience at the Hanover Street location in Manchester. The staff was friendly, and Dr. Elia was described as a true professional who understood and addressed the patient's needs.
381 S Willow St, Manchester, NH 03103
Lens Doctors earns high marks for friendly, knowledgeable staff who take time to explain procedures and recommend frames and lenses suited to customers’ needs. A few negative reviews cite issues like incorrect prescriptions, high prices, and delays.
- Welcoming and friendly staff who make patients feel comfortable and answer all their questions.
- The staff takes the time to help patients choose the best frames for their face shape and provides an abundance of information to make decisions easier.
- The eye exams are painless and stress-free, with gentle and kind doctors.
Cote Marguerite OD
254 Beech St, Manchester, NH 03103
Dr. Cote earns patient loyalty through professional, caring service. Her helpful, kind manner makes patients feel well cared for. However, some have experienced issues with front desk staff. Overall, Dr. Cote’s office provides thorough, competent eye care with a personal touch for patients and families.
- Dr. Cote is highly regarded and has loyal, long-term patients.
- The staff at this eye care center is kind, patient, and provides a personal touch to the experience.
- The office is thorough, competent, and professional.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New Hampshire
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New Hampshire reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New Hampshire, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New Hampshire
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New Hampshire.
- The In New Hampshire in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 2.6 times higher among those with diabetes compared to the overall population, indicating that diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and The percentage of people in New Hampshire who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was higher than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New Hampshire
- In New Hampshire, 3.34% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New Hampshire
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.04% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.55% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New Hampshire face even higher rates at 4.89%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New Hampshire
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New Hampshire.
- 8.66% of those with diabetes and 6.15% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New Hampshire
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.98% of children in New Hampshire having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New Hampshire
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.34% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New Hampshire.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.