Best Eye Doctors In Bedford, NH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Bedford Optometrists in Bedford, Bedford, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Bedford reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Bedford.
NH Eye Associates – Manchester
764 Second St, Manchester, NH 03102
NH Eye Associates received positive feedback for their smooth and easy eye exam process. Patients noted the doctors and technicians were professional and thorough. The staff was praised as friendly, helpful and informative.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that they received thorough and comprehensive eye exams, and felt confident in the care they received.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors: Several reviewers praised specific doctors at NH Eye Associates for their expertise, professionalism, and compassion.
- Smooth and efficient processes: Multiple reviewers found the processes of scheduling appointments, getting eye exams, selecting frames, and obtaining glasses to be smooth, easy to follow, and well-organized.
1093 Elm St, Manchester, NH 03101
The office offers quick, thorough exams by knowledgeable doctors. Reviewers praise the friendly, helpful staff and attentive, caring service. Customers appreciate trying on multiple frames with staff suggestions. Some note the high-tech equipment and fast glasses turnaround.
- Quick and thorough eye exams with friendly staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that their eye exams were quick, yet thorough, and that the staff was friendly and attentive during the process.
- Knowledgeable and helpful optometrists: Reviewers praised the optometrists at this eye care center for their knowledge, competence, and ability to explain diagnoses and recommendations clearly.
- Wide selection of frames and efficient eyewear consultation: Several reviewers mentioned the wide selection of frames available at this eye care center and praised the staff for being helpful and efficient in guiding them through the process of choosing frames.
Dr. Michael Abrams & Associates
1500 S Willow St, Manchester, NH 03103
Customers describe Dr. Pike and his staff as friendly professionals who provide thorough, efficient eye exams and helpful service, making the overall experience quick, easy and enjoyable.
- Quick and efficient eye exams: Multiple reviewers mention that the eye exams at this location are quick and efficient, saving them time and making the process more convenient.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Several reviewers praise the staff, including Dr. Pike, for being knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful during the eye exam process. They appreciate the staff's ability to answer questions and provide thorough explanations.
Dr. Anthony Fusco & Associates
6 March Ave, Manchester, NH 03103
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for thorough, professional eye exams. Patients appreciate the friendly, helpful staff and advanced technology. While the frame and lens selection process is efficient, one customer did report issues with billing and insurance.
- Excellent and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location were thorough, with the optometrists taking the time to explain each step and answer questions.
- Fast and efficient service: Many reviewers appreciate the quick and efficient service they received during their eye exams, including fast processing of optical images and same-day glasses. The appointment start times were prompt and the overall process was smooth.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff, including the optometrists and front desk receptionists, were described as friendly, helpful, and professional. They created a welcoming environment, engaged in conversation, and made the experience enjoyable.
87 Elm St, Manchester, NH 03101
The reviews portray a mix of experiences – some positive, citing excellent personalized service, and some negative, citing rushed appointments and poor communication from staff.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exam: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye exam at this location was thorough and that the doctor and associates took the time to explain everything step by step. This suggests that users can expect a comprehensive and informative eye exam.
- Friendly and personable staff: There are several reviews praising the staff for being friendly, professional, and courteous. Reviewers felt welcomed and appreciated the individualized treatment they received. This indicates that users can expect a pleasant and personable experience at this eye care center.
- Quick and efficient service: A few reviewers mentioned that the staff at this location were fast and efficient. They were able to accommodate appointments, provide quick responses, and help customers promptly. This suggests that users can expect efficient and timely service at this eye care center.
- Note: These pros are based on the provided reviews and may not necessarily reflect the overall experience at this eye care center. It is always recommended to read a variety of reviews and conduct further research before making a final decision.
Main Street Eye Care
24 Main St, Goffstown, NH 03045
Main Street Eye Care patients report knowledgeable, thorough doctors who take time to answer questions and create a comfortable, caring environment. The friendly, professional staff contributes to a pleasant office atmosphere. Patients recommend Main Street Eye Care as a convenient, reliable option for eye exams and care.
- Dr. Michaud and his staff are highly accommodating, even for emergency situations, and provide thorough diagnoses.
- The practice has a welcoming "home town" vibe and utilizes advanced technology for a comfortable eye exam experience.
- The staff, including Dr. Michaud, are friendly, knowledgeable, and ensure efficient and thorough exams.
2075 S Willow St, Manchester, NH 03103
The eye care center is well reviewed for attentive doctors, skilled trainees, and accommodating staff. Patients note the spacious, modern facility and appreciate the clean exam rooms.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Many reviews mention the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff, particularly the doctors, interns, and salespeople.
- Spacious and modern facility: Reviewers appreciate the clean and spacious environment of the eye care center, as well as the availability of modern tools and equipment for eye exams.
- Quick and efficient appointments: Some reviewers mention that their appointments were scheduled quickly and that the check-in process was fast and easy.
Manchester-Bedford Eye Care
779 S Main St, Manchester, NH 03102
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its welcoming staff, thorough exams, wide frame selection, free warranty, and doctors who provide excellent care. Patients recommend the center for its friendly expertise in all eye care needs.
- Friendly and welcoming staff.
- Thorough and attentive eye exams.
- Patient and accommodating with children during eye exams.
6 March Ave, Manchester, NH 03103
Customers were highly satisfied with their experiences at this eye care center, commending the helpful and professional staff. They appreciated the thorough and patient eye exams, affordable glasses options, and overall quality of care. A couple customers had negative experiences, with one feeling rushed during an exam and another having prescription issues, but most reviews were overwhelmingly positive and recommend the center.
- Exceptional service from every team member, including office staff and medical professionals.
- Budget-friendly options available for glasses, with assistance in finding the perfect frames within the desired price range.
- Friendly and helpful staff, especially when it comes to repairs and replacements, ensuring customer satisfaction.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New Hampshire
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New Hampshire reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New Hampshire, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New Hampshire
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New Hampshire.
- The In New Hampshire in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 2.6 times higher among those with diabetes compared to the overall population, indicating that diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and The percentage of people in New Hampshire who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was higher than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New Hampshire
- In New Hampshire, 3.34% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New Hampshire
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.04% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.55% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New Hampshire face even higher rates at 4.89%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New Hampshire
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New Hampshire.
- 8.66% of those with diabetes and 6.15% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New Hampshire
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.98% of children in New Hampshire having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New Hampshire
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.34% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New Hampshire.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.