Best LASIK Surgeon In Spring Valley, NV
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 117 LASIK Surgeons in Spring Valley, NV, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 8222 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Spring Valley.
Nevada Eye Care East - an NVISION Eye Center
2090 E Flamingo Rd Suite #100, Las Vegas, NV 89119
The majority of the reviews are positive and speak highly of the doctors and staff at the lasik surgeon practice. Many patients praise the competency and professionalism of the staff and doctors, citing excellent care, thorough eye exams, and clear explanations of test results. Patients have reported successful surgeries and an improved quality of life. Some negative reviews mention issues with communication and wait times.
- Skilled and knowledgeable surgeon, making patients comfortable during the procedure.
- Friendly and caring staff, providing excellent customer service.
- Efficient office staff, who are very helpful and professional in assisting patients.
Abrams Eye Institute
6450 Medical Center St Suite #100, Las Vegas, NV 89148
Patients consistently praise the professionalism, knowledge, and friendliness of the staff and doctors at Abrams Eye Institute. Particularly, Dr. Abrams and Dr. Shah received high marks for their clinical skills and bedside manner. The office is described as clean, efficient, and welcoming, with short wait times and thorough examinations. Patients frequently recommend the practice to others and report positive experiences with surgeries and treatments.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors and staff.
- Excellent service and care provided to patients.
- Efficient and organized office with friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
6850 N Durango Dr #110, Las Vegas, NV 89149
The Brimhall Eye Center is highly recommended by reviewers who praise its exceptional and friendly staff. Patients appreciate the attentiveness of Dr. Brimhall and his team throughout their procedures. The center is known for its professional and comfortable atmosphere, state-of-the-art equipment and outstanding patient care. Reviewers commend Dr. Thomson on his great bedside manner and thoroughness of care. Some mention there have been wait times, but it's worth it given the quality of work delivered by the staff.
- Exceptional group of professionals, knowledgeable and friendly staff, and caring team that provides the best service to patients.
- Quick, painless, and professional lasik procedure with attention to detail and personalized care, making patients feel comfortable and reassured.
- State-of-the-art equipment, clean and upgraded clinic, and thorough and efficient eye care services, including cataract and lasik surgeries, with outstanding results and crystal-clear vision.
The LASIK Vision Institute
7501 W Lake Mead Blvd Suite 104 Ste 104, Las Vegas, NV 89128
Patients highly recommend this Lasik surgeon practice due to their helpful and friendly staff, efficient and smooth processing, affordable services, and excellent results with 20/20 or even better vision. The process was painless, quick, and even those with anxiety felt comfortable due to the doctors' patience and thorough explanations of the process. Patients also commend the staff's professionalism and ability to answer all questions and concerns before, during, and after the procedure.
- Efficient and smooth process with friendly staff who make patients feel comfortable.
- Affordable pricing with promotions available.
- Highly skilled doctors who thoroughly explain the process and make sure patients are relaxed throughout the procedure. Great results with 20/20 vision or better reported by many patients.
Las Vegas Eye Institute
9555 S Eastern Ave Suite 260, Las Vegas, NV 89123
The reviews rave about Dr. Swanic and his staff at Las Vegas Eye Institute, describing them as professional, knowledgeable, caring, and friendly. Customers are pleased with the outcomes of their procedures, whether it be cataract removal, Lasik, or surgery for other eye issues. Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the testing and examination process, with many remarking on the latest and most professional equipment. Wait times are minimal and appointments quick, making for a pleasant and efficient experience.
- Highly competent and knowledgeable doctor
- Experienced staff who are professional and caring
- State-of-the-art equipment for accurate diagnoses and procedures
Wellish Vision Institute
2110 E Flamingo Rd # 210, Las Vegas, NV 89119
Patients have been happy with the quality of doctors at Wellish Vision Institute, especially Dr. Tran, Dr. Chiapa, Dr. Hanna, and Dr. Kent Wellish. Patients have commented that the staff is professional, helpful, and friendly. However, some negative reviews mention long wait times and unprofessional phone support. Despite this, the institute has still received positive reviews and recommendations for ophthalmology services including cataract surgeries and LASIK.
- Excellent and caring doctors with a high level of expertise.
- Professional and friendly staff who provide efficient and timely care.
- Comprehensive and thorough explanations of procedures and treatment plans.
5380 S Rainbow Blvd Ste 200, Las Vegas, NV 89118
Patients have consistently praised the medical staff and customer service at Brimhall Eye, with many expressing gratitude for excellent results following surgery. Enthusiastic patients have noted the easy scheduling process, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and compassionate care, describing both the facilities and the doctors as highly professional and attentive. Several reviewers explicitly recommended Brimhall Eye for LASIK surgery, with many citing excellent results and smooth, pain-free surgeries.
- Excellent customer service from a professional and competent staff who are attentive to patients' needs and concerns.
- Efficient and timely appointment scheduling with a quick intake process that respects patients' time.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable doctors who use the latest techniques and equipment for exceptional surgical results, especially for cataract and LASIK surgeries.
Nevada Eye Physicians
2020 Wellness Wy #401, Las Vegas, NV 89106
The lasik surgeon practice has received positive reviews regarding their professional staff, thoroughness, efficient check-in, friendly staff, and good doctors, including Dr. Warner, Dr. Zamora, and Dr. Singh. Some reviewers have reported successful surgeries with good outcomes and caring doctors taking the time to explain things to patients. However, there are also negative reviews regarding disorganization, unprofessionalism, long wait times, and issues with billing and insurance.
- Professional and thorough care from the staff and doctors, including Dr. Straddling and Dr. Zamora, resulting in successful surgeries.
- Friendly and helpful staff, with courteous and accommodating service from Dr. Warner and Michael the technician.
- Highly recommended LASIK surgeon, Dr. Surjeet Singh, with expertise and excellent training, helping patients achieve 20/20 vision and providing thorough follow-up care.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article