Best Eye Doctors In Fremont, NE
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Fremont Optometrists in Fremont, Fremont, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Fremont reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Fremont.
Omaha Primary EyeCare
1011 S 180th St, Elkhorn, NE 68022
Omaha Primary EyeCare comes highly recommended for friendly, knowledgeable staff providing thorough exams with the latest technology. Multiple reviews praise the doctors’ professionalism and the office’s welcoming atmosphere. However, one review cites rude staff and billing issues.
- Based on the reviews, here are 3 pros for Omaha Primary EyeCare:
- Latest Technology: Many reviewers mentioned that Omaha Primary EyeCare uses the latest technology for eye exams, ensuring a thorough and efficient examination.
- Knowledgeable and Friendly Staff: The reviews consistently mentioned the friendly and knowledgeable staff at Omaha Primary EyeCare. Reviewers felt comfortable and well taken care of during their visits.
- Comprehensive Eye Care: Omaha Primary EyeCare offers a wide range of services, including eyeglass options and contact lenses. Reviewers appreciated the comprehensive eye care they received and felt confident in the recommendations and service provided.
Schmidt Family Eye Care
1035 E 23rd St, Fremont, NE 68025
Most reviews of this eye care center are positive, highlighting Dr. Schmidt’s professional yet personal care. Patients felt welcomed and cared for during exams, which were described as thorough and attentive. One negative review cited insufficient order follow-up, but the consensus recommends this clinic for examinations and vision needs.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers praised Dr. Schmidt and his staff for their professionalism and thoroughness during eye exams. This indicates that the eye care center is committed to providing high-quality and comprehensive eye care services.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and welcoming nature of the staff at the eye care center. From the initial phone call to the in-person interactions, the staff made patients feel comfortable and cared for. This positive and inviting atmosphere can make the eye care experience more enjoyable for patients.
- Accommodating and patient-focused approach: Several reviewers noted that Dr. Schmidt and his staff went above and beyond to meet their needs and provide exceptional care. They were accommodating in terms of appointment scheduling, patient with children during exams, and helpful in adjusting glasses or addressing concerns. This focus on the individual needs of patients shows a commitment to exceptional customer service.
Midwest Eye Care, P.C.
13500 California St, Omaha, NE 68154
The eye care center is lauded for its professional staff, knowledgeable doctors, and comfortable environment. However, some patients report dissatisfaction with billing practices, wait times, and customer service. The expertise of the doctors makes it a worthwhile option, but be aware of possible inefficiencies.
- Professional staff who take the time to explain the details of the eye exam
- Highly recommended for making patients, even children, feel comfortable during their first eye exam
- Knowledgeable and helpful in adjusting glasses for better vision
Skyline Vision Care
1311 S 204th St, Elkhorn, NE 68022
Skyline Vision Care customers consistently mention the friendly and knowledgeable staff. Patients praise the professionalism, thoroughness, and helpfulness of the doctors, particularly Dr. Walz, during exams. Reviewers appreciate the modern technology and assistance in selecting fashionable, flattering glasses. Patients strongly recommend Skyline for all eye care needs.
- Super friendly and professional staff.
- Thorough and modern eye exams with knowledgeable doctors.
- Helpful assistance in finding the perfect glasses for each individual.
1531 N Bell St, Fremont, NE 68025
The eye care center’s online reviews mostly describe a neighboring supermarket, offering little insight into the quality of care or customer satisfaction with the eye exam services.
- Friendly staff: Many reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly and helpful.
- Reasonable prices: Several reviews mention that the prices at this eye care center are reasonable, which can be a deciding factor for many people seeking eye exams and eye care.
Heartland Eye Consultants LLC
9900 Nicholas St 250 250, Omaha, NE 68114
The eye care center receives consistently positive feedback for its professional, competent staff and exceptional customer service. Patients particularly recommend Drs. Kent and Ternus for their knowledge, thorough explanations, and attentiveness. Appointments run smoothly.
- Competent and knowledgeable staff: Many reviews mention the competence and knowledge of the staff members, including the front office, technicians, and doctors. Patients appreciate the thoroughness and professionalism they have experienced during their eye exams.
- Friendly and compassionate service: Several reviews highlight the friendly and compassionate nature of the staff, creating a welcoming and caring environment. Patients feel comfortable and well taken care of throughout the entire process.
- Clear explanations and patient-centered care: Multiple reviews mention the doctors taking the time to explain any complicated issues and answering all questions. Patients appreciate the thorough explanations and patient-centered approach to their eye care, ensuring they fully understand their condition and treatment options.
Eye Physicians PC
3772 43rd Ave, Columbus, NE 68601
Eye Physicians provides exceptional eye care with thorough doctors who take time to explain eye health. Patients compliment the clinic’s great service, attentive staff, and overall excellent customer service. One patient did report an isolated incident of rude phone behavior by a staff member. Overall, patients highly recommend Eye Physicians for comprehensive eye care needs.
- Outstanding care and excellent customer service: Multiple reviews mention the great service and excellent customer service provided by the staff at Eye Physicians. From the check-in process to finding glasses, the service was consistently amazing.
- Thorough and informative exams: Reviews highlight how the doctors at Eye Physicians are thorough in their examinations and take the time to explain everything to their patients. Patients feel well-informed about their eye health and appreciate the suggestions and advice given to address their concerns.
- Caring and considerate staff: There are multiple mentions of the staff being caring, considerate, and going above and beyond to ensure a pleasant experience for patients. Whether it's accommodating patients with special needs or treating everyone with respect, the staff at Eye Physicians is highly praised for their kindness.
Fremont Vision Source
2955 Elk Ln, Fremont, NE 68025
Fremont Vision Source earns high marks for the attentive care of knowledgeable doctors like Dr. DeVries and Dr. Schindler. Patients appreciate the friendly, professional staff. Some concerns exist around assertive sales and costly eyewear in the optical department. Still, patients recommend this clinic overall for its caring approach and comprehensive exams.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Multiple reviews mentioned that the eye exams at Fremont Vision Source were thorough and the doctors took the time to explain their findings to patients.
- Friendly and professional staff: Several reviewers praised the friendly and professional staff at Fremont Vision Source, noting that they were courteous, helpful, and approachable.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors: The reviews highlighted the expertise and compassion of the doctors at this eye care center, emphasizing their ability to address concerns and provide comprehensive eye care.
Vision Specialists of Omaha – 156th & West Maple
3606 N 156th St #105, Omaha, NE 68116
Vision Specialists delivers high-quality eye care with knowledgeable staff led by Dr. Kate. Patients praise the thorough, modern exams and state-of-the-art equipment. Many experience a friendly, patient environment. Some note room for efficiency improvements, particularly with children. Overall, customers strongly recommend Vision Specialists for examinations and products.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: The reviews consistently praise the staff at Vision Specialists for being knowledgeable, helpful, and providing an excellent environment during the eye exam process.
- Thorough and precise eye exams: Many customers mention that they had the most thorough eye exam they have ever experienced at Vision Specialists. The use of state-of-the-art technology is also highlighted, making customers feel like they received legitimate and precise results.
- Friendly and accommodating for children: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Vision Specialists made their children feel comfortable during the eye exam, even if they had sensory sensitivities or were nervous. The kid-friendly environment and gentle approach were appreciated by parents.
Good Life Eyecare
15655 Pacific St #101, Omaha, NE 68118
Good Life Eyecare receives positive reviews for their professional and attentive doctors, as well as their friendly and helpful staff, who provide a comfortable environment.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Multiple reviews mention the welcoming and helpful nature of the staff members at the eye care center.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Reviewers appreciate the comprehensive and efficient eye exams, with minimal wait times and clear explanations of the tests and results.
- Excellent pediatric eye care: Parents appreciate the care and expertise provided by the eye care center's staff for their children's eye exams and treatments.
Dr. Amy Klein
16959 Evans Plaza, Omaha, NE 68116
Dr. Klein offers thorough eye exams and clear explanations. Her knowledgeable, patient care and friendly, efficient staff provide an exceptional patient experience.
- The staff, including Dr. Klein, are highly knowledgeable, friendly, and provide excellent service during eye exams.
- The office provides a thorough and detailed examination, taking the time to explain everything to patients and answer any questions they may have.
- The experience at the eye care center is consistently top-notch, with kind and efficient staff who make the appointment stress-free and enjoyable.
16949 Lakeside Hills Plaza #101, Omaha, NE 68130
Legacy Eye Care is highly recommended for its knowledgeable and caring doctors who utilize the latest technology for comprehensive eye exams without dilation drops. Patients speak very positively of the helpful and friendly staff, and appreciate the vast selection of frames. There is one concern noted about difficulty reaching the office by phone.
- Detailed and patient doctors who take their time during eye exams.
- Helpful and friendly staff who provide excellent customer service.
- Wide selection of frames and reasonable pricing for glasses and lenses.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Nebraska
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Nebraska experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Nebraska, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Nebraska
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Nebraska.
- The In Nebraska in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost 2.5 times higher among those with diabetes compared to the overall population, indicating that diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Nebraska in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (6.36%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (3.97%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.39%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Nebraska
- In Nebraska, 3.97% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Nebraska
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.1% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.71% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Nebraska face even higher rates at 6.06%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Nebraska
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Nebraska.
- 9.87% of those with diabetes and 6.36% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Nebraska
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.71% of children in Nebraska having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.27% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Nebraska
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.97% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Nebraska.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.