Best LASIK Surgeon In Springfield, MO
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Springfield LASIK Surgeons in Springfield, Springfield, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Springfield reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Springfield.
Discover Vision Centers in Leawood, Kansas
11500 Granada Ln #200, Leawood, KS 66211
Current Specials: FREE CONSULTATION
Discover Vision doctors Beek and Sayed earn praise for their expertise, professionalism, and warm bedside manner. Patients feel well-supported through exams and procedures. Staff fosters a welcoming, accommodating environment. Dr. Doane’s LASIK patients report satisfactory outcomes. Some complaints surfaced around wait times, phone assistance, and staff demeanor.
- The doctors at the practice are professional and knowledgeable, providing thorough exams and explaining everything in detail.
- Staff are friendly, welcoming, and caring, creating a positive experience for patients.
- The practice offers a range of eye services and options for care, including LASIK surgery with skilled surgeons and great results reported by patients.
Mattax Neu Prater Eye Center – Springfield
1265 E Primrose St, Springfield, MO 65804, United States
The lasik surgeon receives mostly positive reviews for their efficient, professional, friendly, and knowledgeable staff. Patients appreciate the use of advanced technology and thorough exams. A few negative reviews cite issues with staff and a claim of complete blindness in one eye following surgery.
- Efficient and competent staff
- Technologically advanced practice
- Experienced and knowledgeable doctors
EyeCare Associates of South Tulsa
10010 E 81st St #100, Tulsa, OK 74133
Eye Care Associates offers a friendly, professional staff and modern, clean facilities. Patients report positive experiences scheduling quick appointments and short wait times with informative doctors. Many have had successful LASIK and PRK surgeries, though some mention long waits, billing issues, rushed consultations, and unsatisfactory outcomes. Despite a few negatives, most patients highly recommend their services.
- Friendly and welcoming staff that provide excellent patient care.
- Efficient and quick scheduling process for both appointments and surgeries.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors that provide informative consultations and have a high success rate for procedures such as LASIK and PRK.
11401 Nall Ave Suite 200, Leawood, KS 66211
Current Specials: Save $1000* On LASIK
Patients consistently describe excellent experiences with this lasik practice, highlighting the professional, knowledgeable, and friendly staff. Many achieve perfect or better vision through a quick, easy procedure. Patients strongly recommend this practice to those considering lasik.
- The team at this facility is professional, knowledgeable, and friendly, making patients feel comfortable and informed throughout the entire process.
- The procedure is fast, painless, and life-changing, with many patients reporting improved vision of 20/15 or better.
- The practice offers affordable pricing and financing options, making it accessible to a wide range of patients.
8300 College Blvd #201, Overland Park, KS 66210
Current Specials: Save $1,000 on LASIK
This lasik surgeon receives excellent reviews for their professional and thorough staff, with most patients reporting quick, relatively painless procedures and impressive vision improvement. The atmosphere is calm and friendly. While a minority of patients report less than ideal results, the majority highly recommend this practice for corrective eye surgery.
- Thorough testing and professional staff
- Quick and painless procedure with great results
- Friendly and helpful staff who make patients feel comfortable throughout the process
2783 N Shiloh Dr, Fayetteville, AR 72704
Vold Vision in Fayetteville is reputed for its optical department and staff, particularly Tresa’s helpfulness and patience. Numerous patients reported successful LASIK, Clear Lens Exchange, and SMILE surgeries with Dr. McFarland and Dr. Vold. The staff, including John, Maddy, and Nicole, are often described as friendly, professional, and accommodating. Some reviews did mention longer wait times and communication challenges.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable surgeons who provide excellent patient care and communication during procedures.
- Positive experiences with vision correction surgeries like LASIK, Smile, and Clear Lens Exchange have resulted in clear, improved vision and life-changing results for patients.
- Helpful and friendly staff, like Tresa in the Optical Department and John the patient coordinator, go above and beyond to ensure patient satisfaction and comfort.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
16305 Swingley Ridge Rd Suite 375, Chesterfield, MO 63017
Current Specials: FREE LASIK
The majority of reviews describe friendly, professional staff and doctors with extensive knowledge. Patients report quick, life-changing procedures and helpful staff ready to answer questions. Some wished they had undergone lasik sooner. A few negative reviews cite issues like poor post-operative care and lack of doctor communication.
- Professional and friendly staff
- Fast and easy procedure with great results
- Helpful and reassuring doctors who walk patients through the process
Sharper Vision Eye Center: Aaron Florkowski, MD
21620 Midland Dr, Shawnee, KS 66218
Dr. Florkowski and his skilled, caring staff at Sharper Vision take time to answer questions. Patients appreciate their professionalism, thorough exams, great procedure results, and accommodating schedules. Many highly recommend them.
- Thorough pre-op consultations and quality patient care.
- Reasonable pricing and payment plans available.
- Knowledgeable, efficient, and personable doctor and staff.
Cavanaugh Eye Center: Timothy B. Cavanaugh, MD
6200 W 135th St Suite 300, Overland Park, KS 66223
Patients consistently give Dr. Cavanaugh and his Cavanaugh Eye Center team glowing reviews, describing the staff as professional, knowledgeable, and helpful. Patients highlight Dr. Cavanaugh’s thorough approach, surgical skills, and clear explanations. Many enthusiastically recommend him for any eye issue. Some mention undergoing multiple successful surgeries with him and having complete confidence in his expertise. Patients appear very satisfied with their Cavanaugh Eye Center experiences and comfortable entrusting their vision to Dr. Cavanaugh.
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeon and staff
- Friendly and professional service from the entire team
- Thorough and clear explanations given by the surgeon, resulting in successful outcomes for vision-related issues.
Triad Eye Institute Aesthetics & Laser Center
6827 S Memorial Dr # B, Tulsa, OK 74133
Current Specials: FREE LASIK Screening
The Triad Eye Institute provides quality eye care and LASIK procedures under the skilled care of Dr. Kumar. Patients describe friendly, helpful staff and recommend the practice. While most reviews are positive regarding cataract, glaucoma and LASIK surgeries, some express frustration with scheduling and billing.
- Highly recommended by many patients for a great LASIK experience, from front desk to aftercare.
- Doctors and staff are professional, knowledgeable, and caring, making patients feel at ease.
- The practice is thorough and takes good care of patients. Their service is excellent, very helpful, and understanding.
Genstler Eye Center
3630 SW Fairlawn Rd, Topeka, KS 66614
Patients consistently cite Dr. Hinton’s professionalism, expertise, and caring approach in their positive reviews of this lasik surgery practice. Patients appreciate the thoughtful explanations of their procedures and attentive follow-up care. Many report 20/20 or better vision after their surgeries. This practice comes highly recommended for those considering lasik.
- Efficient, professional and fast service with a down to earth approach by Dr. Eisenbarth.
- Dr. Hinton explains the lasik process in detail and provides realistic baseline expectations, which leads to excellent results and an overall great experience.
- Dr. Gensler and her staff are knowledgeable, friendly, and welcoming, providing top-notch care to patients.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.