Best LASIK Surgeon In Independence, MO
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 91 LASIK Surgeons in Independence, MO, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 10116 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Independence.
Discover Vision Centers in Leawood, Kansas
11500 Granada Ln #200, Leawood, KS 66211
The positive reviews for the lasik surgeon practice highlight the promptness of appointments, the professionalism and friendliness of the doctors, and the helpfulness of the staff. Many reviewers highly recommend specific doctors, such as Dr. Beek, Dr. Doane, and Dr. Sayed, for their expertise and care. Several reviewers also mention the thoroughness of the examinations and the satisfaction with the results of their surgeries.
- Timely appointments and efficient staff: Several reviewers mentioned that their appointments were right on time and that the staff was efficient and professional. This indicates a well-organized practice that values the patient's time.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors: Reviewers praised the doctors for being knowledgeable, friendly, and taking the time to explain procedures and answer questions. This indicates a high level of expertise and patient-centered care.
- Positive surgical outcomes: Many reviewers reported successful LASIK surgeries and improved vision. They expressed satisfaction with the results and recommended the practice to others. This indicates a track record of successful procedures and patient satisfaction.
11401 Nall Ave Suite 200, Leawood, KS 66211
The reviews for the Lasik surgeon practice are overwhelmingly positive. Many reviewers mentioned how professional and knowledgeable the staff was, and how comfortable they made them feel throughout the process. The procedures were described as quick, painless, and life-changing, with multiple reviewers achieving 20/20 or even better vision. The affordability, efficiency, and post-op care were also praised by several reviewers. Overall, the majority of reviewers highly recommend this Lasik surgeon practice.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff: Many reviews praise the professionalism and knowledge of the staff at the lasik surgeon practice. Patients felt comfortable and well-informed throughout the entire process, from consultations to the procedure itself.
- Quick and painless procedure: Numerous reviews mention that the lasik procedure was quick and painless. Patients reported that the entire process only took around 10 minutes per eye, with no discomfort or pain during the procedure.
- Excellent results and improved vision: Many patients experienced significant improvement in their vision after the lasik procedure. Several reviews mentioned achieving 20/15 vision, surpassing the expected 20/20 vision. Patients expressed their satisfaction and gratitude for the life-changing results.
- Overall, this lasik surgeon practice has a highly professional staff, offers a quick and painless procedure, and delivers excellent results in improving vision.
8300 College Blvd #201, Overland Park, KS 66210
Durrie Vision is praised by many reviewers for their knowledgeable and helpful staff, professional and friendly atmosphere, and excellent results. Patients appreciate the thorough testing, quick and painless procedures, and the ability to see clearly shortly after surgery. Many individuals highly recommend Durrie Vision for corrective eye surgery, emphasizing that it was a life-changing decision. However, there are a few negative reviews that mention complications and dissatisfaction with the outcome.
- Multiple options and thorough information provided during the checkup, helping patients choose the appropriate procedure for their vision.
- Professional and skilled care from the entire team, including the surgeon Dr. Stahl, leading to successful outcomes and high confidence in the practice.
- Quick, painless, and life-changing procedures with minimal discomfort and excellent results, providing a great experience for patients.
Cavanaugh Eye Center
6200 W 135th St Suite 300, Overland Park, KS 66223
Overall, the reviews for the lasik surgeon practice are mostly positive. Patients appreciate the friendly and professional staff, as well as the thorough and knowledgeable doctors. Many patients have had successful surgeries and are happy with the results, while others mention the caring and attentive nature of the doctors. However, there are a few negative reviews mentioning issues with appointment scheduling and perceived lack of care for certain medical conditions.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable surgeons: The reviews consistently mention that Dr. Cavanaugh and Dr. Beatty are experts in their field and provide excellent care. They are praised for their professionalism and expertise in performing procedures such as LASIK, cataract removal, and cornea transplants.
- Friendly and caring staff: Many reviewers appreciate the friendly and attentive staff at the Cavanaugh Eye Center. From the front desk to the medical team, they are described as dedicated, professional, and friendly. Patients feel well cared for and valued during their visits.
- Personalized and thorough care: The surgeons and staff at the Cavanaugh Eye Center are commended for providing thorough and personalized care. Patients mention that the doctors take time to answer questions, explain procedures, and make them feel comfortable. The attention to detail and focus on individual patient needs contribute to a positive experience.
Silverstein Eye Centers
4240 Blue Ridge Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64133
The majority of positive reviews for the lasik surgeon practice highlight the great staff and their professionalism. One specific staff member, Dorinka, is praised for being informative and top-notch. Many patients express satisfaction with the results of their surgeries, stating that they are happy with the care they received and appreciate the kind and caring nature of Dr. Silverstein and his team.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at the practice, such as Dorinka, was extremely helpful, informative, and made them feel comfortable throughout their visit.
- Caring and professional surgeon: Multiple reviewers praised Dr. Silverstein for his expertise and care. They mentioned that he took the time to explain procedures and answer any questions, making them feel confident in his abilities.
- Successful outcomes: Several reviewers were satisfied with the results of their surgeries, such as Lasik and cataract procedures. They mentioned that their vision improved significantly, and they would trust Dr. Silverstein and his team for future eye care needs.
LasikPlus: Dr. Dean Ellis
11401 Nall Ave Suite 200, Leawood, KS 66211
The majority of reviewers had a positive experience with this lasik surgeon practice. They praised the friendly and attentive staff, who made them feel comfortable throughout the process. Many reviewers mentioned the quick and painless procedure, and expressed gratitude for the life-changing results. Overall, the office was described as clean and welcoming, and the doctors were knowledgeable and caring.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Multiple reviews mention how kind and attentive the staff at this lasik surgeon practice are. From the front desk receptionists to the surgeon and assistants, they make patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process.
- Quick and painless procedure: Many reviewers mention that the lasik surgery was quick, with some even stating that it took only around 5 minutes. They also note that they didn't feel any pain during the procedure. This indicates that the surgeon is efficient and skilled, providing a quick and comfortable experience for patients.
- Life-changing results: Numerous reviews express gratitude for the improvement in their eyesight after the lasik surgery. Patients are thrilled with the results and describe it as a life-changing experience. This suggests that the surgeon and their team are successful in delivering significant and positive outcomes for their patients.
Steven M. Silverstein MD FACS
4240 Blue Ridge Blvd Suite 1000, Kansas City, MO 64133
Patients have expressed satisfaction with Dr. Silverstein, citing his professionalism and trustworthiness. They appreciate the friendly and professional staff and have been happy with the outcomes of their procedures. However, some have mentioned longer waiting times and a lack of personalization in their experiences with the practice.
- Highly recommended by long-term patients: Multiple reviews mention that patients have been seeing Dr. Silverstein for many years and trust him implicitly, indicating a strong patient-doctor relationship.
- Professional and friendly staff: The reviews consistently mention that the staff at this practice are friendly and professional, creating a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
- Positive surgical outcome: Patients who underwent LASIK surgery at this practice expressed high levels of satisfaction with the results, with one review specifically stating they were "very, very happy" with their outcome.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article