Best Eye Doctors In Washington, MO
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Washington Optometrists in Washington, Washington, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Washington reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Washington.
Comprehensive Eye Care, LTD.
901 E 3rd St, Washington, MO 63090
This eye care center is lauded for thorough exams, knowledgeable doctors, and a friendly staff. Many appreciate the personalized service and doctors who explain clearly and put them at ease. However, some cite issues like unsanitary conditions, poor bedside manner from one doctor, and feeling rushed.
- Thorough and extensive eye exams: Multiple reviews mentioned that the doctors at Comprehensive Eye Care provide thorough and extensive eye exams, ensuring that patients receive accurate prescriptions and have their questions answered.
- Professional and personable staff: Reviewers praised the staff at Comprehensive Eye Care for being professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. They appreciated the personable approach of the doctors and the support staff, making them feel comfortable and confident in their eye examinations and treatment.
- Prompt and efficient service: Several reviews mentioned that the wait times at Comprehensive Eye Care were short, and the staff was prompt in attending to patients. The overall experience was described as efficient, with friendly receptionists and thorough examinations.
Wentzville Eye Center
1950 Wentzville Pkwy, Wentzville, MO 63385
The eye care center receives glowing reviews for its professional, friendly staff. Patients compliment Dr. Kilgore as patient, understanding, and kind. Customers appreciate the doctors’ expertise during thorough eye exams. The clean, well-stocked facility offers quality frames. Satisfied customers highly recommend the center.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at the eye care center were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They felt comfortable and well-treated during their visits.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that the eye exams they received at the center were thorough and comprehensive. They felt that the doctors took their time to address their concerns and provide accurate prescriptions.
- Clean facility and modern equipment: Reviewers appreciated the clean facility and modern equipment used for eye exams. They felt that the center had up-to-date technology, which added to the overall positive experience.
3071 Phoenix Center Dr, Washington, MO 63090
Clarkson Eyecare’s optometrists get rave reviews for their thorough and informative eye exams. Patients say it’s the best exam they’ve had – doctors take time to explain everything and deliver excellent care. Staff earns accolades as friendly, professional and helpful.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough and detailed, with the optometrists taking the time to explain things that other eye exam places hadn't covered.
- Friendly and professional staff: Customers consistently mention the friendly and professional nature of the staff, creating a positive and comfortable experience during their visits.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at this eye care center receives praise for their customer service, with reviews mentioning quick and efficient service, as well as helpful and knowledgeable staff members.
1595 Denmark Rd, Union, MO 63084
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for attentive staff and comprehensive eye exams. While a couple reviews cite problems with billing and customer service, these seem uncommon. The majority would recommend this provider for its skilled care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, making the overall experience pleasant.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted, with one reviewer even describing it as the most thorough eye exam they've ever had.
- Knowledgeable doctors: Reviewers commend the doctors for their expertise and willingness to explain the examination process and answer all questions and concerns.
Doctors of Optometry – The Meadows Lake
21 Meadow Cir Dr C-302, Lake St Louis, MO 63367
The eye care center is highly regarded for its knowledgeable, friendly staff, comprehensive exams, and assistance in selecting ideal eyewear. Patients comment on the personalized service, patience, and professionalism of the doctors and staff, describing the overall experience as pleasant and top-notch.
- Knowledgeable and accommodating staff who provide helpful and professional service
- Friendly and caring staff who make patients feel comfortable, especially for first-time eye exams or for children
- Thorough and informative eye exams conducted by competent and personable doctors
6313 Ronald Reagan Dr, Lake St Louis, MO 63367
The eye care center was well-reviewed for its friendly and helpful staff, thorough eye exams, clean facilities and wide selection of frames. While most feedback was positive, one customer did report difficulty understanding additional fees for glasses despite an advertised deal.
- Excellent service and thorough eye exams with knowledgeable doctors.
- Friendly and helpful staff who follow COVID-19 protocols for a safe experience.
- Wide selection of frames to choose from and helpful assistance in choosing the best options at affordable prices.
Union Eye Associates
507 S Lincoln Ave, Union, MO 63084
Union Eye Associates is highly recommended for their friendly, knowledgeable staff willing to go the extra mile. Patients appreciate the professional, thorough doctors who provide excellent, compassionate care. The office runs efficiently with prompt appointments and insurance assistance.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: The staff at Union Eye Associates are highly knowledgeable and friendly, making the eye exam experience pleasant and comfortable. They answer all questions and provide thorough explanations of procedures and billing.
- Accommodating and excellent customer service: Union Eye Associates goes above and beyond to accommodate their patients' needs. They make efforts to repair existing glasses, research insurance coverage, and even drive to nursing homes for fittings. They provide exceptional customer service and ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for their patients.
- Efficient and timely appointments: Patients mention that appointments at Union Eye Associates are punctual and timely. The staff respects patients' time and provides efficient and well-organized services.
330 W Osage St, Pacific, MO 63069
Patients appreciate the professional, friendly staff and excellent customer service at Dr. Phillips’ eye care center. They highlight quick, comfortable exams and knowledgeable help selecting eyewear frames. Overall, patients have had positive experiences and highly recommend this eye care center.
- Great staff and quick eye exams!
- Dr. Phillips is a caring and professional doctor, making patients feel comfortable and providing thorough eye care.
- Staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful in addressing eyecare needs.
Biermann Eye Health, P.C.
320 Washington Ave, Washington, MO 63090
Dr. Biermann and Dr. Sumner receive positive feedback for their caring, friendly manner and professional, personalized care. Both office staffs are praised for helpfulness. However, one review raises concerns about unprofessional staff and discriminatory behavior.
- Friendly and caring staff: The reviews consistently mention the friendly and caring nature of both Dr. Biermann and his staff. They go out of their way to make patients feel comfortable and answer any questions they may have.
- Personalized experience: Many reviewers comment on the personalized experience they receive at this eye care center. They admire the attention and time Dr. Sumner takes with each patient, ensuring they understand their vision issues and providing recommendations accordingly. Additionally, the staff is described as professional and pleasant, contributing to the overall personalized experience.
- Quick and efficient appointments: Reviewers appreciate the efficiency of the office, with one mentioning being able to secure a same-day appointment for an eye issue. Others mention that they have been going to this eye care center for years without any issues, highlighting the convenience and quality of their appointments.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Missouri
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 6.7% of Missourians aged 40-64 had difficulty seeing, while 8.78% of those aged 65+ experienced the same issue. in Missouri, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Missouri
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Missouri.
- The In Missouri in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (10.4%) compared to the overall population (6.04%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4.36%. and In Missouri in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (11.6%) compared to the overall population (6.04%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 5.56%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Missouri
- In Missouri, 6.04% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Missouri
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.63% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.7% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Missouri face even higher rates at 8.78%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Missouri
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Missouri.
- 10.4% of those with diabetes and 11.6% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Missouri
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.94% of children in Missouri having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.89% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Missouri
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.04% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Missouri.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.