Best Eye Doctors In St. Louis, MO
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed St. Louis Optometrists in St. Louis, St. Louis, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze St. Louis reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in St. Louis.
Crown Vision Center
4145 Lindell Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63108
The eye care center receives positive feedback for their helpful, friendly staff and exceptional service, creating a great customer experience. Patients comment on the knowledgeable yet laid-back doctors who take time to converse and educate. The wide selection of frames and acceptance of multiple insurances is also appreciated.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at Crown Vision was described as friendly, helpful, and patient, providing exceptional service to customers.
- Good selection of frames: Crown Vision offers a wide variety of frames, making it easy for customers to find the perfect glasses.
- Accepts multiple insurances: Crown Vision accepts multiple insurance plans, allowing more people to access their services.
Dr. Christopher Schrick
4255 Hampton Ave, St. Louis, MO 63109
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for prompt visits, personable doctors, and thorough exams. A few patients complained of rude staff and issues with frames and billing.
- Quick and efficient eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that their eye exams at this location were fast and easy, with short wait times and prompt service.
- Knowledgeable and personable doctors: Reviewers consistently praised the doctors at this eye care center for their professionalism, attention to detail, and friendly demeanor. They felt comfortable and well-cared for during their eye exams.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
3573 Bamberger Ave, St. Louis, MO 63116
Overall, most customers praise this affordable eye care center’s friendly service, quality eye exams, and helpful staff. A few customers report inconsistent service, long waits, and unprofessional behavior.
- Based on the reviews, here are the pros for the eye care center:
- Friendly and helpful staff: The eye doctors and staff were described as friendly, courteous, and professional.
- Affordable prices: Many reviewers mentioned that the eye exams and glasses were offered at a reasonable price, with some even highlighting the availability of free eye exams and discounted glasses.
- Efficient service: Several reviewers mentioned quick wait times, fast eye exams, and prompt delivery of glasses, indicating that the eye care center provided efficient service.
Antoine Eye Care
2493 St Louis Galleria St, St. Louis, MO 63117
This eye care center is well-regarded for attentive customer service, thorough exams, and knowledgeable staff. A few reviewers report problems with professionalism and billing. However, most appreciate the friendly employees, comprehensive eye exams, and convenient options like same-day glasses.
- Excellent customer service and care: Multiple reviews mention the exceptional customer service and care received at this eye care center. The staff is described as polite, professional, knowledgeable, and friendly.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Several customers praise the eye care center for providing thorough and comprehensive eye exams. They mention that the doctors take the time to address concerns and explain the examination process clearly.
- Child-friendly environment: One review highlights the eye care center's ability to create a comfortable and welcoming environment for children during eye exams. The staff is commended for being nice, patient, and explaining procedures to young patients.
Fontana Eyecare Associates
6451 Chippewa St, St. Louis, MO 63109
Overall, customers speak highly of the eye exams and friendly staff at this eye care center. However, some expressed frustration with delays in contact lens orders and accessing prescriptions.
- Thorough and transparent eye exams using the latest technology.
- Competent and friendly staff, following COVID infection control protocols.
- Knowledgeable and friendly team providing great experiences for eye exams, including for children.
6415 Chippewa St, St. Louis, MO 63109
The majority of reviews for the eye care center are positive, highlighting the friendly and helpful staff. Many compliment Dr. Tubbs as thorough, informative and providing excellent care. However, some negatives were long wait times for glasses, incorrect prescriptions, and poor staff service.
- Friendly and patient staff: The staff at this eye care center is described as kind, friendly, and patient, particularly when dealing with children or difficult situations.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Several reviews mention that the doctors at this location are thorough in their examinations and take the time to answer questions and provide personalized information about eye conditions or needs.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: The staff is praised for their knowledge and helpfulness, whether it's assisting with paperwork, frame selection, or addressing concerns and questions.
8031 W Florissant Ave, St. Louis, MO 63136
Patients consistently describe the friendly doctors, knowledgeable explanations, and professional staff at this highly recommended eye care center. The relaxed environment and attentive customer service facilitate thorough eye exams and accurate glasses fittings.
- Great customer service: Multiple reviews mention the excellent customer service provided by the staff, from the receptionist to the doctor and sales team. They are described as polite, friendly, and professional.
- Low pressure environment: The eye care center is praised for creating a low pressure environment where customers feel comfortable. There is a respect for customer time, and the staff is not pushy.
- Knowledgeable and informative doctors: The doctors at Clarkson Eyecare are commended for their knowledge and ability to explain vision-related information in an easy and understandable manner. They take the time to answer questions and ensure that patients are informed.
3122 S Grand Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63118
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its polite, friendly staff, clean and welcoming environment, and knowledgeable eye doctors praised for thorough exams. While several patients compliment specific employees for outstanding service, one customer cites issues with poor customer service leading to an unpleasant visit.
- Polite and friendly staff
- Knowledgeable and professional eye doctors
- Clean and safe environment during the pandemic
- Helpful and attentive staff in assisting with selecting glasses frames
- Efficient and precise eye exams with accurate results
- Friendly, personable, and welcoming atmosphere
- Great customer service and high-quality frames and lenses
8562 Eager Rd, Brentwood, MO 63144
Clarkson Eye Care received positive feedback for Dr. Schad’s thorough and competent examinations and satisfactory explanations. The Eager Rd staff, including Dr. Graf and Amanda, earned praise for professionalism, friendliness, expertise, and patience. However, some patients expressed frustration with appointment availability, billing processes, limited frame selections, and lack of glasses adjustments.
- Thorough and competent doctors: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the doctors at this eye care center, specifically Dr. Schad and Dr. Graf, were thorough and competent in their examinations, providing satisfactory answers to questions and ensuring a good eye care experience.
- Professional and friendly staff: Many reviewers praised the professional and friendly staff at this eye care center, including receptionists and technicians. They were knowledgeable, patient, and provided a great overall experience.
- Easy appointment booking and reminders: Reviewers mentioned that it was easy to book appointments online and they appreciated receiving reminders for their appointments. This indicates good customer service and convenience for patients.
7 N Euclid Ave, St. Louis, MO 63108
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for friendly, helpful staff, comprehensive eye exams, and convenient location. A small minority of reviews cited inaccurate prescriptions and unsatisfactory customer service.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviewers mention receiving thorough eye exams and feeling satisfied with the level of care provided by the eye doctors.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Several reviewers appreciate the friendly and helpful attitude of the staff members, including the front desk receptionists and optometrists.
- Convenient location and hours: One reviewer notes that the location has convenient evening hours, making it easier for people with busy schedules to schedule appointments.
917 Olive St, St. Louis, MO 63101
The staff provided friendly, professional service and thorough eye exams and fittings. However, some customers experienced frustration due to miscommunications and delays receiving orders.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and knowledgeable staff at this eye care center, highlighting their helpfulness, patience, and professionalism.
- Thorough eye exams and care: Customers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the attention to detail in fitting them for glasses and contacts. They feel that their eye care needs are being met and that the staff takes the time to address any questions or concerns.
Crown Vision Center
1012 Loughborough Dr, St. Louis, MO 63111
This eye care center has received mixed feedback. Patients often compliment the friendly staff, same-day appointments, and knowledgeable doctors like Dr. Eneida. However, some cite issues like long waits for contacts, prescription errors, and poor glasses service. Though imperfect, many still recommend this convenient, professional practice.
- Same-day appointment availability for medical eye exams
- Online appointment scheduling and ability to fill out medical information beforehand
- Friendly and helpful staff that don't push you to buy products
- Knowledgeable and patient doctors
- Ability to choose between having prescription printed out or buying frames in-store
- Great deals on contacts
- Effective communication about fitting issues and ability to correct the problem
- Ability to get contacts with uv protection and astigmatism correction
- Wonderful experience in getting glasses
- Staff taking the time to explain the importance of eye protection
Eye Bar by Black Optical
401 N Euclid Ave, St. Louis, MO 63108
Eye Bar Euclid offers exceptional eye care and eyewear selection. Patients comment on the expertise of the knowledgeable doctors and attentive staff. The optical shop features precise prescriptions, high-quality frames, and stylish, unique glasses. Customers appreciate the seamless service, describing the experience as professional yet pleasant.
- Excellent customer service: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and attentive staff, who provide a welcoming and professional experience.
- Wide selection of unique frames: The Eye Bar is praised for its extensive and unique selection of frames, allowing customers to find glasses that stand out and don't look like everyone else's.
- Precise and thorough eye exams: The eye exams at The Eye Bar are described as fast, flawless, and precise, providing customers with a complete understanding of their vision needs and assisting them in choosing the perfect pair of glasses.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Missouri
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 6.7% of Missourians aged 40-64 had difficulty seeing, while 8.78% of those aged 65+ experienced the same issue. in Missouri, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Missouri
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Missouri.
- The In Missouri in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (10.4%) compared to the overall population (6.04%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4.36%. and In Missouri in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (11.6%) compared to the overall population (6.04%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 5.56%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Missouri
- In Missouri, 6.04% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Missouri
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.63% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.7% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Missouri face even higher rates at 8.78%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Missouri
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Missouri.
- 10.4% of those with diabetes and 11.6% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Missouri
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.94% of children in Missouri having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.89% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Missouri
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.04% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Missouri.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.