Best Eye Doctors In Sedalia, MO
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Sedalia Optometrists in Sedalia, Sedalia, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Sedalia reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Sedalia.
Eyecare Specialties – Warrensburg
601 E Russell Ave ste a, Warrensburg, MO 64093
Customers consistently praise the “Gift of Sight” program for providing children’s eye exams and glasses with kindness. The professional staff, including Dr. Jill McNaughton and Dr. S. Lake, deliver thorough eye exams using advanced technology. Patients appreciate the excellent service, though some mention waiting times for glasses. Overall, customers highly recommend this eye care center for its great service.
- Compassionate and generous: The eye care center runs a "Gift of Sight" program, providing eye exams and glasses to those without insurance. This gesture is greatly appreciated and demonstrates their kindness and dedication to helping others.
- Excellent service: Customers consistently mention the friendly and professional staff, as well as the thorough and informative eye exams provided by the doctors. The center makes the process of getting an eye exam and getting glasses or contacts easy and comfortable.
- Great with children and special needs: The eye care center is highly recommended for routine eye exams for children, with staff and doctors who are friendly and accommodating to young patients. They also show adaptability and patience when dealing with children who have special needs or behavioral challenges, creating a welcoming and comfortable environment for them.
Eyecare Specialties – Sedalia
3403 W 10th St, Sedalia, MO 65301
Most reviews applaud the staff and doctors at this eye care center for their hospitality, expertise, and attentiveness during exams. Multiple patients singled out Dr. Liesemeyer for his extensive knowledge and compassionate care. Overall, customers report very positive experiences and give the center high recommendations.
- Exceptional staff and knowledgeable doctors: Multiple reviews mention the exceptional service and knowledge of the staff and doctors, emphasizing their friendliness, professionalism, and ability to answer questions and provide thorough care during eye exams.
- Accommodating and patient-centered care: Reviews mention that the eye care center is accommodating to patients' needs, including expedited shipping for contact lenses and offering balloon animals for kids. Patients also mention feeling heard and cared for by the doctors, appreciating their patience and willingness to listen.
- Efficient and friendly service: Many reviews praise the efficiency and friendliness of the staff, highlighting quick appointment scheduling, timely callbacks, and the overall positive experience provided by the eye care center.
Eye Clinic LLC
1200 Winchester Dr, Sedalia, MO 65301
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its friendly staff, comprehensive exams, and expert doctors. One negative review cites rude front desk employees and issues obtaining replacement contacts. In general, reviewers commend the office’s customer service, professionalism, and attentive care.
- Friendly and helpful staff who take the time to explain everything during the eye exam.
- Thorough eye exams and attentive doctors who answer questions and address concerns.
Eyecare Specialties – Clinton
1104 E Ohio St, Clinton, MO 64735
The eye care center provides a positive experience for patients. Customers appreciate the friendly staff and thorough doctors who take time to explain procedures and answer questions. Accommodations are made for those with special needs, including mobility assistance and prompt appointments for eye injuries.
- Friendly and helpful staff who take the time to ensure everything is good, even if it takes a bit longer.
- Knowledgeable and patient doctors who provide a thorough eye exam and take the time to answer questions and address concerns.
- Accommodating and caring staff who provide excellent service, particularly in emergency situations.
Doctors of Optometry – State Fair Shopping Center
1400 S Limit Ave Ste 75, Sedalia, MO 65301
The eye care center receives glowing reviews for its knowledgeable doctors, friendly staff, wide selection of frames, and affordable prices. Patients commend Drs. Nelson and Hobbs for their thorough exams. The helpful, informative staff is also praised. While largely positive, a few customers expressed minor dissatisfaction with wait times. Overall, this is a highly recommended eye care center.
- Knowledgeable and Thorough Doctors: Multiple reviews mention that the eye doctors at this location, particularly Dr. Deanna Nelson and Dr. Tom Hobbs, are knowledgeable, thorough, and take the time to answer all questions and explain everything clearly.
- Friendly and Helpful Staff: Reviewers appreciate the friendly and helpful staff at this eye care center. They mention that the staff members are patient, attentive, and go above and beyond to assist customers in choosing frames or finding the right contacts.
- Great Selection and Affordable Prices: Customers are satisfied with the variety of frames available and the affordable prices for both contacts and glasses. Some reviewers mention that they were able to find the contacts they needed at an affordable price with the help of the staff.
608 N Maguire St, Warrensburg, MO 64093
Insight Eyecare receives positive feedback for friendly, expert staff and efficient exams. Patients mention Dr. Curtis and employee Erica for helpfulness. The new building and cleanliness also garner praise. However, some cite issues with cost transparency and lack of kid amenities. Overall, Insight is recommended for quality, personalized care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at Insight Eyecare is pleasant, friendly, and helpful. This creates a positive and welcoming atmosphere for patients.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Multiple reviews highlighted the expertise and professionalism of the optometrists at Insight Eyecare. They were praised for their ability to answer questions, explain test results, and provide comprehensive eye care.
- Clean and accessible facility: The new building of Insight Eyecare was mentioned to be beautiful, clean, and handicap accessible. This ensures a comfortable and convenient experience for patients.
Midwest Eye Consultants
520 S Lamine Ave, Sedalia, MO 65301
The eye care center’s caring staff and Dr. Banning’s expertise make this a top choice for eye exams and care. While some have concerns, most describe a positive experience.
- Caring and wonderful staff: The eye care center is praised for its caring and attentive staff, indicating that patients are likely to receive personalized and compassionate care during their visit.
- Highly recommended: The positive review strongly recommends the eye care center, suggesting that it has a track record of providing excellent eye care and eye exams.
108 NE 2nd St #1, Concordia, MO 64020
The eye care center’s staff is highly regarded for their professionalism and friendliness based on multiple reviews. While reviewers consistently praise the warm and welcoming environment, a small number did find wait times longer than expected.
- The staff at this eye care center is described as both professional and friendly, creating a positive and trustworthy environment for eye exams and eye care.
- Multiple reviewers highlight the friendly nature of the staff, indicating that the team is approachable and attentive to patients' needs during their visits.
Retina Associates LLC Sedalia
3400 W 10th St, Sedalia, MO 65301
The eye care center offers prompt and efficient service in a welcoming, calm setting. Patients report Dr. Cohen provides attentive care and skillfully performs eye procedures. This practice comes well recommended for all eye care needs.
- Efficient and professional service: Customers mentioned that they were processed quickly and efficiently, indicating that the eye care center values their customers' time and provides prompt service.
- Friendly and relaxing environment: Reviewers described the center as having a friendly and relaxing atmosphere, which helps create a comfortable experience for patients seeking eye care and exams.
- Excellent doctor: Dr. Cohen received positive feedback, indicating that he is knowledgeable and provides effective procedures. This highlights the center's commitment to providing high-quality eye care services.
Sedalia Eye Associates PC
3400 W 10th St, Sedalia, MO 65301
Patients report satisfaction with Dr. Kindler’s comprehensive eye exams and pleasant manner at the eye care center. However, a patient described dissatisfaction with Sedalia Eye Associates’ treatment of their spouse’s scratched cornea, stating they would not recommend the practice.
- Dr. Kindler is highly praised for being sweet and provides thorough examinations.
- The eye care center is recommended for its accurate diagnosis and treatment, as evidenced by a reviewer's positive experience in finding a scratched cornea at a different clinic.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Missouri
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 6.7% of Missourians aged 40-64 had difficulty seeing, while 8.78% of those aged 65+ experienced the same issue. in Missouri, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Missouri
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Missouri.
- The In Missouri in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (10.4%) compared to the overall population (6.04%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4.36%. and In Missouri in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (11.6%) compared to the overall population (6.04%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 5.56%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Missouri
- In Missouri, 6.04% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Missouri
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.63% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.7% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Missouri face even higher rates at 8.78%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Missouri
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Missouri.
- 10.4% of those with diabetes and 11.6% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Missouri
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.94% of children in Missouri having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.89% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Missouri
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.04% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Missouri.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.