Best Eye Doctors In Kearney, MO
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Kearney Optometrists in Kearney, Kearney, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Kearney reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Kearney.
Discover Vision Optical & Eye Care Center in North Kansas City
9401 N Oak Trafficway Ste 200, Kansas City, MO 64155
Overall, customers report thorough and attentive eye exams at this care center. The front desk staff receive consistent praise for their friendliness and professionalism. However, some experienced frustration over billing and insurance issues.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: The eye doctors at this center, particularly Dr. Butcher and Dr. Pate, are highly praised for their thoroughness in conducting eye exams and addressing patients' vision needs.
- Friendly and professional staff: The front desk staff and office personnel are described as friendly, professional, and courteous. They are quick to answer questions and provide assistance.
- Minimal wait times: Many reviewers mention that their wait times for appointments were short, allowing for a convenient and efficient visit.
Moyes Eye Center
5151 NW 88th St, Kansas City, MO 64154
The Moyes Eye Center garnered favorable reviews for its friendly, helpful staff, short wait times, and state-of-the-art equipment. Patients felt well-cared for with personalized treatment plans and lauded the doctors’ expertise. A minority of reviews cited issues with billing, communication, and unsatisfactory cataract surgery outcomes. In general, most customers enjoyed positive experiences and would recommend the eye care center.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Minimal wait time for appointments
- State-of-the-art equipment used during exams
- Excellent "bedside" manner from the doctors
- Personalized treatment plans discussed with patients
- Top-notch service and professionalism from all staff members
- Efficient and thorough eye examinations
- Beautiful and welcoming office space
- Prompt and attentive responses to patient needs and concerns
Sabates Eye Centers
4741 S Arrowhead Dr, Independence, MO 64055
Customers reported thorough and professional eye exams at the eye care center. They noted attentive, helpful staff and knowledgeable, friendly doctors. Specific doctors like Dr. Tran and Dr. Pikey were highlighted for positive experiences.
- Thorough annual eye exams with the option for ophthalmology services if needed.
- Friendly and helpful staff, providing excellent customer service.
- Knowledgeable and committed doctors who take the time to address concerns and ensure accurate prescriptions.
SVS Vision Optical Centers
118 Conistor St, Liberty, MO 64068
The eye care center receives positive reviews for their helpful, knowledgeable staff, especially Terry and Dr. Mack. Patients report great experiences and ample frame selections. However, some experiences were unsatisfactory due to communication issues, billing discrepancies, and interactions with certain staff.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff, including the eye doctor, were friendly, informative, and provided excellent customer service. They were described as professional, thorough, and attentive, creating a warm and personal environment.
- Wide selection of frames: Several reviewers appreciated the variety of eyeglass frames available at the eye care center. They mentioned that there were many options to choose from and that the staff was helpful in assisting them with selecting the right frames.
- Timely and efficient service: Reviewers praised the quick and efficient service at the eye care center. They mentioned short wait times and prompt appointments, as well as fast delivery of glasses.
Sabates Eye Centers
5811 NW Barry Rd, Kansas City, MO 64154
Positive reviews praise the eye care center’s efficient and thorough eye exams, friendly and professional staff, excellent service, short wait times, comprehensive exams, and quality care from doctors like Dr. Samantha Herretes. Patients appreciate the convenient locations and courteous treatment. Most reviewers are satisfied with their experiences.
- Efficient and thorough eye exams: Many reviewers praised the eye exams they received at Sabates Eye Care, mentioning that they were thorough and comprehensive. The staff were professional and took their time to ensure a comprehensive examination.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviewers commented on the professionalism and friendliness of the staff. They mentioned that the staff at Sabates Eye Care were helpful, patient, and went the extra mile to provide excellent service.
- Convenient appointment scheduling and short wait times: Several reviewers appreciated the ease of scheduling appointments at Sabates Eye Care and mentioned that they were able to get appointments quickly. They also mentioned short wait times, allowing them to be in and out of the clinic efficiently.
119 E Washington St, Kearney, MO 64060
Kearney Eye Care patients describe positive experiences with knowledgeable, friendly doctors and staff. Patients feel they receive personalized, professional eye care and thorough explanations during exams. Most highly recommend Kearney, though isolated complaints exist regarding billing and follow-up issues.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Reviewers consistently mention that the eye exams at Kearney Eye Care are thorough, with doctors taking their time to explain everything and address concerns. This indicates high-quality eye care and attention to detail.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff at Kearney Eye Care. This suggests a welcoming atmosphere and positive customer service experience.
- Good selection of frames and reasonable prices: One reviewer specifically mentions that Kearney Eye Care has a good selection of frames and offers them at reasonable prices. This could be a benefit for individuals looking for eyewear options after their eye exams.
8505 N Church Rd, Kansas City, MO 64157
Most customers had positive experiences with the Visionworks doctors and eye exam services. Patients commended the friendly staff, like Steve and Dr. Rudolph. Clients were grateful for help finding suitable glasses and comprehensive exams. Unfortunately one customer’s appointment was canceled without notice.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned specific staff members who provided excellent customer service and went above and beyond to assist them during their eye exams and frame selection process.
- Great eye exam experience: Multiple reviewers praised the doctors for their thorough and friendly eye examinations, making them feel comfortable and answering all their questions.
- Knowledgeable and attentive: Reviewers appreciated the knowledgeable staff who took the time to explain options, help in frame selection, and ensure a positive experience overall.
In Vision Eye Care Center
5769 NE Antioch Rd, Gladstone, MO 64119
Most reviews applaud the friendly staff, efficient service, and comprehensive eye exams. Though a couple mention issues with glasses orders and prescriptions, these seem uncommon. Patients widely recommend this office for its stellar service and positive experiences.
- Quick and easy eye exams with same-day appointments available.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who take the time to answer questions and discuss pre-test results.
- Wide variety of glasses options and assistance in choosing the perfect pair.
- Seamless and easy process for switching contact lenses.
- Prompt and efficient service, with minimal waiting time.
- Doctors who take the time to get to know patients and address concerns.
- Excellent customer service, including efforts to resolve payment conflicts.
- Willingness to ship glasses to out-of-state customers.
- Thorough evaluations and explanations during eye exams.
- Patient and helpful staff, including assistance with insurance coverage and frame selection.
- Positive experience for children during their first eye exams.
- Great selection of frames and quick turnaround for receiving glasses.
- No wait time and friendly service from techs and doctors.
- Willingness to work with insurance and recommendation-worthy.
9220 NE Barry Rd, Kansas City, MO 64158
Patients speak highly of Dr. Yoder’s expertise and efficient use of advanced technology. His friendly, professional staff facilitate positive experiences through quick scheduling, short wait times, and helpful service.
- Based on the reviews, here are the pros for the eye care center:
- Friendly and efficient staff: Customers appreciate the friendly and helpful staff who provide efficient service, making the experience hassle-free.
- Quick and thorough eye exams: Customers praise the optometrist, Dr. Yoder, for providing quick yet thorough eye exams. The use of high-tech equipment allows for accurate prescriptions without needing to dilate the eyes.
- Excellent customer service: The staff goes above and beyond to provide excellent customer service, patiently assisting customers with frame selection, explaining charges and procedures, and ensuring a positive and personalized experience.
Richards & Wegener, Optometrists
42 Westwoods Dr, Liberty, MO 64068
The eye care center receives excellent reviews. Patients report Dr. Wegener conducts comprehensive exams with patience and expertise. His knowledgeable explanations keep patients well-informed. The friendly office staff contributes to an overall positive and comfortable experience. Many satisfied patients enthusiastically recommend Dr. Wegener for all eye care needs.
- Fast, informative, and friendly first visit.
- Dr. Wegener is knowledgeable, thorough, and takes time to explain the eye exam.
- The office staff is friendly and accommodating.
Vision Source Eyecare
9596 N McGee St, Kansas City, MO 64155
The staff receives positive feedback for their friendly and helpful manner. Patients describe the doctors as knowledgeable and attentive. However, a minority of reviews cite issues with communication, customer service, and billing.
- Friendly and compassionate staff: The employees at this eye care center are described as friendly, helpful, and caring. They make patients feel welcomed and comfortable during their visits.
- Thorough and attentive eye exams: One reviewer mentioned that the optometrist took the extra time to conduct a detailed examination and even looped in their primary care physician when an unexpected issue was discovered. This indicates that the eye exams provided at this center are thorough and focused on the patient's overall health.
- Excellent customer service: Despite some negative experiences mentioned in the reviews, several reviewers praised the customer service at this place. They felt respected, cared for, and appreciated the professionalism of the staff.
Bethany Eye Center
2707 Miller St, Bethany, MO 64424
Bethany Eye Center customers laud the friendly and phenomenal service, with a wide selection of frames. The efficient, courteous staff provide excellent eye exams and assistance with eyewear. Despite one complaint of poor customer service with insurance, most reviews are glowing, highly recommending Bethany Eye Center.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and helpful staff at the eye care center.
- Efficient service: Many reviews highlight the quick and efficient service, with minimal waiting time before seeing the doctor.
- High-quality selection of frames and contacts: Customers appreciate the eye care center's extensive and high-quality options for frames and contact lenses.
Barry V. Bowles, OD
211 S Platte Clay Wy Suite A, Kearney, MO 64060
Dr. Bowles provides quality eye care with thorough exams, professional service, and a friendly staff. His long-time patients value his honesty and expertise, despite somewhat high eyewear costs.
- Dr. Bowles offers great service and is very honest with all the information you need to know.
- The staff is always nice and friendly, providing a welcoming environment.
- They are quick to get you in and provide thorough and professional eye care.
Stephen B. Wiles
211 NE 54th St #202, Kansas City, MO 64118
The staff’s expertise and friendliness are highlighted by satisfied patients, including one with improved vision after cataract surgery. Dr. Wiles draws acclaim for diagnosing and relieving headaches and identifying potential health issues through exams.
- Highly skilled eye surgeon: Dr. Wiles is considered one of the best eye surgeons in the nation and has achieved the highest level of accreditation from various eye health institutions.
- Comprehensive eye care: The staff at Wiles Eye Center are knowledgeable, understanding, and friendly, providing an all-around good experience for patients seeking eye exams and care.
- Insightful eye examinations: Dr. Wiles is able to detect potential health problems through examining the eyes, providing valuable insights into overall health for patients.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Missouri
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 6.7% of Missourians aged 40-64 had difficulty seeing, while 8.78% of those aged 65+ experienced the same issue. in Missouri, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Missouri
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Missouri.
- The In Missouri in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (10.4%) compared to the overall population (6.04%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4.36%. and In Missouri in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (11.6%) compared to the overall population (6.04%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 5.56%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Missouri
- In Missouri, 6.04% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Missouri
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.63% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.7% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Missouri face even higher rates at 8.78%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Missouri
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Missouri.
- 10.4% of those with diabetes and 11.6% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Missouri
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.94% of children in Missouri having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.89% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Missouri
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.04% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Missouri.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.