Best Eye Doctors In Florissant, MO
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Florissant Optometrists in Florissant, Florissant, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Florissant reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Florissant.
Retina Associates of St. Louis
1224 Graham Rd # 3011, Florissant, MO 63031
The eye care center is highly recommended for its knowledgeable doctors, caring staff, thorough examinations, and prompt service, though some patients experienced longer wait times.
- Friendly and caring staff: Many reviewers mentioned the kind and compassionate nature of the staff, making the overall experience pleasant and comfortable.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: Multiple reviews highlighted the expertise and thoroughness of the doctors, providing confidence and trust in their abilities.
- Efficient and timely service: Several reviews mentioned quick and efficient visits, with minimal wait times, demonstrating the center's commitment to providing timely care.
Crown Vision Center
935 N Hwy 67, Florissant, MO 63031
The eye care center receives positive feedback for thorough eye exams and kind staff. Customers appreciate the assistance with selecting frames and adjusting glasses for comfort. Many also comment on the sharpness and clarity of their new glasses.
- Thorough and friendly eye exams: Customers have mentioned that the eye exams at Crown Vision were more thorough than at other eye care centers. The staff took the time to ensure accurate prescriptions and provided a comfortable experience.
- Kind and helpful staff: Multiple reviews praised the staff at Crown Vision for being polite, helpful, and friendly. They were described as patient and understanding, especially towards older customers.
Overland Optical Family Eye Care
2533 Woodson Rd, St. Louis, MO 63114
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly and knowledgeable staff, thorough eye exams, and personalized care. Many appreciate the convenience and quick service for glasses and contacts. A few reviewers cite issues with billing, pricing, and negative experiences where they felt disrespected.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff
- Thorough eye exams with personalized care
3533 Dunn Rd, Florissant, MO 63033
Clarkson Eye Care customers consistently describe friendly, knowledgeable staff. Dr. Fu and Jordyn receive special recognition for outstanding customer service. Patients appreciate the clinic’s efficiency – short wait times and fast glasses orders. Customers feel well cared for and say they would gladly recommend Clarkson Eye Care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Clarkson Eye Care is friendly, helpful, and provides excellent customer service. They make patients feel welcome and comfortable throughout their visit.
- Efficient and timely service: Many reviewers appreciate the efficiency of the eye exams and the overall speed of service at Clarkson Eye Care. They mention short wait times, quick appointments, and prompt delivery of glasses or contact lenses.
Crown Vision Center
10867 W Florissant Ave, Ferguson, MO 63136
Customers reported friendly, knowledgeable, and welcoming staff at Crown Vision eye care center. However, some experienced long waits, delays receiving glasses, and unprofessional behavior. While customers seemed largely satisfied, improvements in wait times and staff professionalism would be welcomed.
- Quick and polite service
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Informative and patient doctor
230 N Hwy 67, Florissant, MO 63031
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for friendly, knowledgeable staff, efficient appointments, and good experiences with eye doctors, who provide thorough exams and address patients’ concerns. A few comments mentioned issues with cleanliness and glasses discomfort, but the majority of customers were pleased with their care and would recommend the center.
- Efficient and quick appointments: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams and appointments at the eye care center were quick and efficient, allowing customers to be in and out in a timely manner.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Customers consistently praise the staff for being personable, helpful, and knowledgeable. They appreciate the staff members taking the time to answer their questions and provide excellent customer service.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Several reviews specifically mention that the eye exams conducted at this location were thorough and detailed, providing customers with valuable information about their eye health.
Resler-Kerber Optometry Inc
875 Rue St Francois, Florissant, MO 63031
Resler-Kerber Optometry patients report friendly, professional service and comprehensive eye exams. One suggests informing patients of extra fees ahead of time. Most reviewers highly recommend this eye care center for its excellent doctor and staff service.
- Great customer service and friendly staff
- Thorough and detailed eye exams
- Efficient and fast service, especially for glasses fittings
8031 W Florissant Ave, St. Louis, MO 63136
Customers appreciate the friendly and knowledgeable staff, thorough eye exams, and selection of glasses at this low-pressure, convenient eye care center. The receptionist, doctors, and sales team earn praise for their customer service. Many mention the doctors’ attentiveness in explaining vision issues and the helpfulness in picking out glasses. Positive experiences keep customers coming back.
- Excellent customer service: Customers consistently praise the friendly and professional staff, who are polite, helpful, and knowledgeable. The receptionists, doctors, and sales team provide seamless service and prioritize customer satisfaction.
- Convenient location: The eye care center's close proximity makes it easily accessible for customers. This is a convenient factor for those seeking regular eye exams and eyeglass services.
- Comprehensive eye care: Customers appreciate that they can get both eye exams and eyeglasses at the same location. The doctors are thorough, informing customers about their vision in an easy-to-understand manner and taking the time to answer any questions. The staff also ensures that glasses are right before customers leave, ensuring customer satisfaction.
12681 Dorsett Rd, Maryland Heights, MO 63043
The majority of reviews indicate excellent eye care, lauding kind and knowledgeable staff, comprehensive eye examinations, and aid in eyeglass selection. However, some reviews cite issues after eye exams like extended waits for glasses and unexpected fees. A few customers also had poor staff experiences, finding them unaccommodating or discourteous.
- Friendly and informative staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this location were friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable. They took the time to explain the details of the eye exam, insurance coverage, and helped with selecting suitable eyewear.
- Thorough eye exams: Many reviewers praised the quality and thoroughness of the eye exams they received at this location. They felt that their vision health was well taken care of and that the doctors were professional.
- Convenient scheduling and efficient processes: Several reviews mentioned that setting up appointments was easy, and the office staff was prompt and efficient. Some reviewers also appreciated receiving reminders and future appointment schedules via text.
Crown Vision Center- St. Ann
10465 St Charles Rock Rd, St Ann, MO 63074
Customers reported appreciating Crown Vision Center’s courteous and professional staff, expedient service, and expertise fitting eyewear. While some experienced insurance claim issues and inadequate communication, many still recommend the practice for examinations and spectacles.
- Polite and efficient service for eye exams, with a professional and pleasant doctor.
- Staff is helpful in ensuring that glasses fit well and come in quickly.
- Fast and thorough process for getting glasses, with affordable prices.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Missouri
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 6.7% of Missourians aged 40-64 had difficulty seeing, while 8.78% of those aged 65+ experienced the same issue. in Missouri, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Missouri
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Missouri.
- The In Missouri in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (10.4%) compared to the overall population (6.04%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4.36%. and In Missouri in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (11.6%) compared to the overall population (6.04%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 5.56%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Missouri
- In Missouri, 6.04% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Missouri
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.63% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.7% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Missouri face even higher rates at 8.78%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Missouri
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Missouri.
- 10.4% of those with diabetes and 11.6% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Missouri
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.94% of children in Missouri having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.89% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Missouri
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.04% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Missouri.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.