Best Eye Doctors In Cape Girardeau, MO
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Cape Girardeau Optometrists in Cape Girardeau, Cape Girardeau, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Cape Girardeau reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Cape Girardeau.
Bell Family Eye Care
2954 E Jackson Blvd, Jackson, MO 63755
Bell Family Eye Care garners rave reviews for their warm, personalized service and eye care expertise. Patients cite the staff’s friendliness, prompt appointments, comprehensive eye exams, and aid in selecting eyewear. Dr. McLeod draws high marks for her professionalism and diverse vision wellness services. Just one complaint of unprofessional conduct, outweighed by consistent praise of the courteous, knowledgeable staff. Their customer focus and mastery of quality eye care keep patients coming back.
- Warm and welcoming staff who provide great customer care.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors who offer the best care and options for vision wellness.
- Friendly and helpful team who provide thorough but quick appointments and make patients feel comfortable.
Success Vision Express
3019 William St #103, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
Success Vision Express receives positive feedback for their attentive and helpful staff during exams and visits. Customers are satisfied with the quality and fit of glasses. Efficient and quick service is also mentioned.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Success Vision Express are friendly, attentive, and professional. They are concerned about the customers' needs and go above and beyond to assist them during their visit.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviews highlight the fast service provided by Success Vision Express. Customers have mentioned that they were able to get an eye exam and select new glasses in a relatively short amount of time, ranging from 30 minutes to 2.5 hours.
- Wide selection of frames: One review mentions that Success Vision Express has a nice selection of frames to choose from. This indicates that there are various options available for customers to find a style that suits their preferences.
Leet EyeCare – Blattner Drive
3140 Blattner Dr, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
Leet Eye Care provides quality eye care and eyewear options. Patients compliment the Cape clinic’s attentive staff, expert optometrists, orderly facilities, and extensive frames selection. Reviews indicate reasonable prices, though one customer considered costs high compared to similar providers. For detailed eye exams and modern frames in a professional setting, Leet Eye Care is a strong choice.
- Impressive, professional customer service and thorough annual eye exams with no rush and organized patient care.
- Friendly and helpful staff, with a knowledgeable and professional doctor who explains everything.
- Clean and organized facility with a great selection of eye care products, timely appointments, and thorough eye exams explained in a manner that is easy to understand.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors with a clean clinic and friendly staff.
- Quick and courteous service, showing that they care about their patients and their vision.
- Beautiful office, courteous staff, and a top-notch doctor for all your vision needs.
- Dr. Kory Thoma and the staff are professional, friendly, and efficient, with a top-notch doctor who is knowledgeable and answers all questions and concerns.
3042 William St, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Visionworks customers describe friendly doctors who address concerns, and an efficient service with fast turnaround on prescription glasses.
- Friendly and professional staff who take the time to answer questions and address concerns during eye exams.
- Fast service for both eye exams and receiving prescription glasses, with one reviewer mentioning receiving glasses within an hour after the appointment.
- Clean facility with a wide selection of frames and lens options, including specialized lenses for fun glasses.
D Shawn Parker, MD, FACS | Eye Care Specialists LLC
360 S Mt Auburn Rd, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
Patients consistently expressed satisfaction with the professionalism, expertise, and welcoming manner of Dr. Parker and staff. They felt informed and comfortable through consultations, procedures, and follow-ups. Many noted improved vision after LASIK surgery and enthusiastically recommended this facility for eye care.
- The staff at the eye care center, including Dr. Parker, is friendly, helpful, and kind, providing a pleasant experience throughout the eye care process.
- Dr. Parker is highly recommended for lasik surgery, with multiple reviewers praising his expertise and explaining each step of the procedure. Many reviewers experienced improved vision and were grateful for the results.
Marion Eye Center And Optical
297 S Silver Springs Rd, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
Marion Eye provides excellent retina, cataract, and glaucoma care. Patients highlight the welcoming, family-like environment and personalized service from the kind staff, especially Dr. Billings. Quick appointments and professional, empathetic care result in positive experiences.
- Friendly and kind staff: Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at this eye care center are extremely friendly, welcoming, and make patients feel like family. They provide excellent customer service and make the overall experience enjoyable.
- Knowledgeable and personable doctors: The doctors at this center are praised for their knowledge and expertise in eye care. They take the time to explain what they are doing and help patients understand their vision conditions. They are also personable, making patients feel at ease during their appointments.
Marion Eye Center
2511 N Westwood Blvd, Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
The Marion Eye Center in Poplar Bluff offers thorough eye exams and attentive service. Patients praise the trained, efficient staff and courteous doctors. The center takes COVID-19 precautions and maintains a clean facility. Patients recommend Marion Eye Center for eye care needs including exams, contacts, glasses, and diagnostics.
- The staff at Marion Eye Center is trained and helpful, providing efficient eye exams.
- They have a medical team that not only does routine eye exams but also diagnostics, helping diagnose issues that the patient may not be aware of.
Norman Professional Eyecare
21 Doctors Park Dr ste b, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
Patients consistently describe Dr. Norman and his staff as providing friendly, knowledgeable service and comprehensive eye exams. The receptionists receive positive feedback for being helpful, patient, and responsive. Many patients appreciate the extensive selection of frames and the overall welcoming environment.
- No wait time: Customers appreciate the efficient service and minimal waiting time to see Dr. Norman.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and knowledgeable staff, making patients feel comfortable and well-cared for during their eye exams and visits.
- Thorough and patient-centered care: Dr. Norman is praised for taking the time to thoroughly examine patients' eyes and answering their questions without rushing through the process.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Missouri
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 6.7% of Missourians aged 40-64 had difficulty seeing, while 8.78% of those aged 65+ experienced the same issue. in Missouri, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Missouri
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Missouri.
- The In Missouri in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (10.4%) compared to the overall population (6.04%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4.36%. and In Missouri in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (11.6%) compared to the overall population (6.04%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 5.56%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Missouri
- In Missouri, 6.04% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Missouri
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.63% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.7% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Missouri face even higher rates at 8.78%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Missouri
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Missouri.
- 10.4% of those with diabetes and 11.6% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Missouri
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.94% of children in Missouri having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.89% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Missouri
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.04% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Missouri.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.