Best Eye Doctors In Bridgeton, MO
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Bridgeton Optometrists in Bridgeton, Bridgeton, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Bridgeton reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Bridgeton.
Retina Associates of St. Louis
1224 Graham Rd # 3011, Florissant, MO 63031
The eye care center is highly recommended for its caring doctors, knowledgeable staff, and thorough exams, though some patients note longer wait times.
- The staff and doctors at this eye care center are friendly, kind, and caring. They take the time to listen to patients' needs and concerns, ensuring a pleasant and personalized experience.
- The care provided is professional, thorough, and efficient. Patients are consistently satisfied with the level of service and the expertise of the doctors.
- The office runs smoothly and efficiently, with knowledgeable and informative staff who are prompt in attending to patients' needs and concerns.
Crown Vision Center
935 N Hwy 67, Florissant, MO 63031
Crown Vision received mostly positive reviews for their kind, helpful staff and thorough eye exams. A couple negative reviews mentioned feeling pressured to purchase expensive eyewear and issues with order fulfillment, indicating some room for improvement regarding customer satisfaction and communication.
- Thorough eye exams: Customers appreciate that the eye exams at Crown Vision are more thorough compared to other places, ensuring accurate prescriptions and a better overall experience.
- Helpful and friendly staff: Many reviewers mention the staff being kind, patient, and helpful in assisting them with selecting frames, answering questions, and addressing concerns.
- Generous return/exchange policy: Customers appreciate that Crown Vision has a generous return and exchange policy, allowing them to make adjustments or replacements if there are any issues with their glasses.
11433 Olive Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63141
Clarkson Eyecare receives mostly positive reviews for friendly, knowledgeable staff and comprehensive eye exams. A few negative reviews cite inconsistent customer service and unprofessional conduct, though the majority report satisfactory experiences.
- Friendly and courteous staff who treat you like a longtime friend.
- Knowledgeable doctors who provide customized treatment plans and take their time to ensure you see better.
- Professional and thorough eye exams with a wide selection of frames available.
Overland Optical Family Eye Care
2533 Woodson Rd, St. Louis, MO 63114
The eye care center receives overwhelmingly positive feedback for their caring and knowledgeable staff, personalized service, and thorough exams by expert doctors. Patients appreciate the efficiency of appointments and helpful assistance selecting eyewear.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, as well as their expertise in providing thorough eye exams and explanations.
- Personalized care: Customers appreciate the personalized experience they receive at this eye care center, with the eye doctors taking the time to listen to their concerns and answer all their questions.
- Efficient and timely service: Many reviews mention the efficient and timely manner in which their eye exams were conducted, with quick turnaround times for getting glasses and adjustments.
3533 Dunn Rd, Florissant, MO 63033
Clarkson Eye Care customers describe positive experiences with knowledgeable doctors who explain eye exam details clearly. The friendly, professional staff provides quick, thorough service. Many appreciate the convenient one-stop shop for glasses, medications, and exams in a welcoming, clean office. Customers recommend Clarkson Eye Care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at the eye care center were friendly, patient, and helpful throughout their visit, creating a pleasant and comfortable experience.
- Efficient service: Several reviewers were impressed with the efficiency of the eye exams and glasses purchase process, mentioning short wait times, quick appointments, and timely delivery of glasses.
- Knowledgeable doctors: Reviewers appreciated the expertise and professionalism of the doctors at the eye care center, noting that they were thorough in answering questions and providing clear explanations about vision issues.
230 N Hwy 67, Florissant, MO 63031
Customers were pleased with the friendly, knowledgeable doctors and staff, as well as the thorough eye exams at this eye care center. They also noted good customer service and quick appointments. However, a few commented on the need for improved cleanliness and more comfortable glasses.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers mention that the staff at this eye care center is personable, sweet, and professional. They make patients feel comfortable and provide thorough explanations during eye exams.
- Quick and efficient appointments: Several reviewers state that their appointments were quick, with minimal waiting time and efficient service. This suggests that the eye care center values their patients' time and strives to provide prompt care.
- Attention to detail: One reviewer mentioned that they received a more detailed and informative eye exam compared to their previous experiences. This indicates that the eye care center conducts thorough exams and pays attention to their patients' specific needs.
Resler-Kerber Optometry Inc
875 Rue St Francois, Florissant, MO 63031
Resler-Kerber Optometry provides thorough eye exams and helpful explanations from friendly, professional staff. Customers appreciate the positive experiences, though some note the need for clearer communication about additional fees. Overall, Resler-Kerber is highly recommended for quality eye care.
- Excellent customer service and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the great customer service provided by the staff at Resler-Kerber Optometry. They are described as nice, pleasant, professional, patient, and courteous.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: The eye exams at Resler-Kerber Optometry are consistently praised for being thorough and detailed. The doctors and staff are described as knowledgeable, informative, and taking the time to explain everything well.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviews mention the fast and efficient service provided at Resler-Kerber Optometry. Patients are able to get their eye exams, fittings, and glasses quickly, even on the same day. The staff is noted for being busy but still friendly and accommodating.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
12252 St Charles Rock Rd, Bridgeton, MO 63044
The eye care center was well-regarded for its friendly staff and informative environment. Customers appreciated the quick, efficient service. A few customers reported issues with doctors’ bedside manner, wait times, and glasses orders.
- Welcoming customer service and informative staff.
- Friendly and helpful opticians.
- Quick and efficient service with a clean environment.
- Patient and compassionate staff, especially with children.
- Informative and relatable staff who assist in finding affordable frames.
- Friendly and enjoyable atmosphere with staff who seem to enjoy their work.
- Quick and easy shopping experience for eye exams and glasses.
- Affordable prices for eye exams and glasses, especially for those without insurance.
- Short wait times to see the doctor.
- Helpful and knowledgeable staff who assist in finding the best glasses within budget.
12681 Dorsett Rd, Maryland Heights, MO 63043
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for friendly staff, comprehensive eye exams, and aid with eyewear selection. However, some patients report delays receiving glasses and discourteous service. In general, the center is commended for professionalism and quality care, though inconsistencies exist.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this location was friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. They took the time to explain the eye exam process and insurance coverage, helping patients feel at ease and satisfied with their visit.
- Thorough eye exam: Many reviewers commented positively on the thoroughness of their eye exams. They felt that the doctors took their time and explained everything clearly, ensuring that their vision needs were properly addressed.
- Convenient appointment scheduling: Several reviews mention that setting an appointment was easy and convenient. The office staff was prompt and courteous in handling appointments, making the process hassle-free for patients.
9082 Overland Plaza, Overland, MO 63114
The eye care center received positive feedback for its reliable service. Patients appreciated the friendly, knowledgeable staff and the doctors’ clear explanations during exams. Reviews consistently praised the staff’s helpfulness and professionalism.
- Reliable and good service for eye exams and glasses.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
- Prompt and professional doctor.
Crown Vision Center- St. Ann
10465 St Charles Rock Rd, St Ann, MO 63074
Crown Vision Center receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, helpful staff, quick and efficient service, and knowledgeable doctors. A few customers had issues with insurance claims and communication, but most say they will return due to the quality care.
- Polite and professional staff: Customers found the staff at Crown Vision to be polite, friendly, and professional during their eye exams and overall experience.
- Efficient and quick service: Many customers appreciated the quick and efficient service they received, including prompt appointments, fast delivery of glasses, and short wait times.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Several customers mentioned that the staff at Crown Vision were knowledgeable about insurance coverage, helped with frame selection, and provided helpful information during the eye care process.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Missouri
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 6.7% of Missourians aged 40-64 had difficulty seeing, while 8.78% of those aged 65+ experienced the same issue. in Missouri, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Missouri
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Missouri.
- The In Missouri in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (10.4%) compared to the overall population (6.04%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4.36%. and In Missouri in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (11.6%) compared to the overall population (6.04%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 5.56%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Missouri
- In Missouri, 6.04% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Missouri
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.63% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.7% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Missouri face even higher rates at 8.78%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Missouri
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Missouri.
- 10.4% of those with diabetes and 11.6% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Missouri
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.94% of children in Missouri having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.89% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Missouri
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.04% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Missouri.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.