Best Eye Doctors In Meridian, MS
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Meridian Optometrists in Meridian, Meridian, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Meridian reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Meridian.
Bright Eyes Family Eye Care
4803 Poplar Springs Dr Suite A, Meridian, MS 39305
Bright Eyes customers appreciate Dr. Phillips and his friendly staff for their patience, comfort, and care during eye exams. This pediatric and adult eye care office provides minimal wait times in a welcoming environment.
- Dr. Tracy Phillips and the staff provide excellent customer service and are friendly and courteous to patients.
- The office has a comfortable atmosphere and minimal wait times, making for a pleasant experience.
- The staff at Bright Eyes is patient and understanding with both children and adults, ensuring a positive experience for all.
Dr. Jonathan H. Moore, MD
1300 25th Ave, Meridian, MS 39301
Drs. Goodman and Moore deliver quality eye care. Patients rate them highly for thorough exams, professionalism, and punctuality. The friendly, efficient staff also draw praise. This eye care center excels in patient care and experience.
- Timely and professional appointments with thorough care provided by Dr. Goodman and his staff.
- Dr. Moore is knowledgeable, kind, and provides efficient and understandable directions for patients. The staff is warm, welcoming, and efficient.
The Optical Solution
3128 8th St Suite B, Meridian, MS 39301
Customers speak highly of the caring owner and attentive staff at this eye care center. Known for its family-like atmosphere, customers appreciate the personalized service, affordable prices, and quality selection of frames and lenses. Overall, customers are very satisfied with the professionalism and service.
- Excellent customer service and care: Multiple reviews highlight the owner/operator's genuine care for clients and the attention to detail in meeting their optical needs.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: The staff are described as super nice, knowledgeable, and skilled in helping customers find the perfect glasses that suit their face shape.
- Affordable prices and quality products: The eye care center offers affordable prices for frames, lenses, and contacts without compromising on the quality of their products.
Troupe Family Optometry Meridian
910 23rd Ave, Meridian, MS 39301
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, professional staff and thorough, quick exams. Customers particularly appreciate the high quality service. There was one negative review citing a long wait time and poor customer service during a glasses pickup, but this appears to be an isolated case.
- Friendly and professional staff
- Efficient and quick service
- Wide variety of frames to choose from
Advanced Vision Center
2024 15th St # 5D, Meridian, MS 39301
The eye care center receives overall positive reviews. Patients describe the doctors as knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient during comprehensive eye exams. Customers also note the clean and comfortable environment.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews highlight the friendliness and knowledgeability of the staff at this eye care center. This suggests that visitors can expect a warm and welcoming environment where they will receive professional and well-informed care.
- Comprehensive eye exams: Several reviewers mention that they received thorough and comprehensive eye exams at this location. This indicates that the eye care center takes the time to conduct detailed examinations, ensuring that all aspects of eye health are addressed during the appointment.
- Wide range of eyewear options: A few reviewers mention the wide selection of eyewear available at this eye care center. This suggests that visitors have a variety of options to choose from, making it convenient to find the perfect pair of glasses or contact lenses to suit their needs and style.
Dr. Eric Johnson
1301 20th Ave, Meridian, MS 39301
Dr. Eric Johnson and his team at the eye care center receive consistent positive feedback for their kind and professional service. While some customers note opportunities for improvement, most describe quality care and a welcoming environment.
- Friendly and kind staff: Multiple reviews mention the kind and friendly nature of the staff at this eye care center, creating a positive and welcoming environment for patients.
- High regard for Dr. Eric Johnson and associates: The reviews specifically mention their admiration and appreciation for Dr. Eric Johnson and his associates, indicating that they have built a strong reputation among patients for their expertise and care.
Meridian Eye Care
5002 MS-39 Building B, Meridian, MS 39301
The first review describes an unfriendly staff member. The second review criticizes long wait times and poor customer service. The other reviews praise the friendly and knowledgeable staff, speedy and thorough service, and extensive glasses selection.
- Dr. Otto and his staff are highly recommended by multiple reviewers.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about glasses, contacts, and other eye care needs.
- The clinic has a large selection of glasses to choose from.
Meridian Ophthalmic Associates
1300 25th Ave, Meridian, MS 39301
The eye care center was unsuitable for some patients’ needs based on location.
- Convenient location: Some reviewers mentioned that this eye care center is conveniently located, which can be a significant advantage for people looking for nearby eye care services.
- Efficient service: Several reviewers praised the efficiency of the eye care center's service, indicating that the staff is quick to attend to patients and provide eye exams and care in a timely manner.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Mississippi
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Mississippi, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Mississippi, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Mississippi
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Mississippi.
- The In Mississippi, people with diabetes have a significantly higher risk of vision problems, with a percentage of 15.5 compared to the overall percentage of 8.98 for the population without any risk factors. and In Mississippi in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (13.3%) compared to the overall population (8.98%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4.32%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Mississippi
- In Mississippi, 8.98% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Mississippi
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 5.31% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 10.5% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Mississippi face even higher rates at 12.4%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Mississippi
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Mississippi.
- 15.5% of those with diabetes and 13.3% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Mississippi
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.03% of children in Mississippi having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.85% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Mississippi
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 8.98% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Mississippi.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.