Best LASIK Surgeon In Stillwater, MN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Stillwater LASIK Surgeons in Stillwater, Stillwater, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Stillwater reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Stillwater.
OVO LASIK + LENS
6099 Wayzata Blvd LASIK Suite 100 + LENS Suite 120, St Louis Park, MN 55416
Current Specials: Free OVO LASIK Consultation
The OVO LASIK surgery center is highly rated for its friendly, knowledgeable staff, quick and comfortable procedure, and rapid healing time. Numerous patients report notably improved vision the morning after surgery and overall satisfaction.
- Quick and Easy Procedure: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the LASIK procedure at this practice was quick and easy, resulting in a positive experience overall.
- Friendly and Knowledgeable Staff: The staff at this practice received consistent praise for being friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Reviewers appreciated the thoroughness of the staff in explaining the procedure and answering questions before and after the surgery.
- Excellent Results: Many reviewers expressed satisfaction with the outcome of their LASIK procedure at this practice, reporting improved vision and a smooth healing process. Some even achieved better than 20/20 vision.
Minnesota Eye Consultants
7125 Tamarack Rd Suite 100, Woodbury, MN 55125
The practice receives consistently positive reviews for their efficient scheduling and punctual appointments. Patients describe the surgeons as patient, thorough and responsive. The friendly, caring staff’s expertise puts patients at ease through each step of their lasik experience. These reviews suggest skilled surgeons providing professional, high-quality care.
- Very organized process: The lasik surgeon practice has a well-structured and efficient system in place, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for patients.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: The surgeons at this practice take the time to answer all questions and address any concerns in a patient and thorough manner, providing reassurance and a high level of care.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff members are described as friendly, efficient, and courteous, creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere at the practice.
7767 Elm Creek Blvd N Suite 140, Maple Grove, MN 55369
The positive reviews highlighted the kind, knowledgeable staff, the quick surgical process under 5 minutes, and the excellent results of clear vision without glasses or contacts. Patients appreciated the friendly, reassuring staff and convenient financing options, as well as the clear pre and post-op instructions.
- The staff is consistently described as kind, friendly, and knowledgeable, making patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- The process is quick and efficient, with many patients noting that the surgery itself takes less than 5 minutes and the overall experience is well-organized.
- The majority of patients report excellent vision results post-surgery, with many achieving better than 20/20 vision or experiencing a significant improvement in their vision quality.
8344 3rd St N, Oakdale, MN 55128
The positive reviews for the lasik surgeon highlight the staff’s professionalism, knowledge, and caring manner that puts patients at ease through the whole process. Many mention the life-changing vision improvements and wishing they’d done it sooner.
- Quick and professional procedure: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the procedure was done quickly and professionally, with efficient and knowledgeable staff.
- Exceptional customer service: Many reviewers praised the staff for their friendliness, caring attitude, and ability to make them feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Life-changing results: Several reviewers expressed their gratitude and satisfaction with the outcome of the surgery, with improved vision and the ability to see without glasses or contacts.
Chu Vision Institute
9117 Lyndale Ave S, Bloomington, MN 55420
The positive reviews describe Dr. Chu’s caring staff and skilled surgical team. Patients report satisfaction with their vision results and recommend the practice.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at Chu Vision as kind, friendly, and supportive. Patients feel well taken care of and appreciate the professional and friendly demeanor of the team.
- Professional and well-organized practice: Reviews highlight the professionalism and organization of Chu Vision. The practice is described as effective, well-structured, and thorough in their approach to eye care.
- Excellent surgical outcomes: Many patients express satisfaction with the surgical outcomes at Chu Vision. They report improved vision, successful surgeries, and positive experiences with LASIK, cataract surgery, and other procedures.
3300 Edinborough Way Suite 412, Edina, MN 55435
The reviews for this practice report excellent results and caring support. Patients regularly cite the staff’s friendliness, expertise, and efficient service. The procedure consistently receives praise for being fast and comfortable. While overwhelmingly positive, a small number describe complications; research is key for an informed decision.
- Efficient Online Scheduling: The practice allows for convenient online appointment scheduling, making it easy for patients to book their visit.
- Positive Patient Experiences: Many patients have had successful surgeries and are happy with their results, experiencing improved vision and a life-changing outcome.
- Professional and Friendly Staff: The staff is described as professional, friendly, and helpful, creating a positive and comfortable environment for patients throughout the entire process.
Mark Lobanoff, MD
6099 Wayzata Blvd, St Louis Park, MN 55416
Reviews for Dr. Mark Lobanoff’s lasik surgery practice consistently highlight the friendliness, informativeness, and compassion of the staff. Patients value the thorough consultations with Dr. Lobanoff and praise the team’s professionalism. Numerous patients report satisfactory surgical outcomes and enthusiastically recommend this practice.
- The staff is amazing, friendly, and willing to take the time to explain everything.
- Dr. Lobanoff is highly skilled, calm, and patient, resolving issues after cataract surgery and providing quick and painless LASIK.
- The entire team is knowledgeable, professional, and makes patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
Claris Eye Surgery & LASIK
14101 Fairview Dr Ste 350, Burnsville, MN 55337
Patients consistently commend Dr. Carlson and the Claris Eye Surgery & LASIK team for the exceptional care and life-changing results of their vision correction procedures. Patients report clear communication, expert guidance, and compassion from Dr. Carlson and staff throughout their experience. Many express deep gratitude for the dramatically improved vision and quality of life following successful LASIK or cataract surgery. Patients strongly recommend Dr. Carlson and Claris Eye Surgery & LASIK.
- Dr. Carlson and his staff provide outstanding patient care, from the initial consultation to the follow-up appointments.
- The staff at Claris Eye Surgery & LASIK are kind, caring, and make patients feel at ease throughout the entire process.
- The Lasik/Lasek/PRK procedures performed by Dr. Carlson have produced excellent results, with patients experiencing improved vision and a life-changing experience.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.