Best LASIK Surgeon In Coon Rapids, MN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 117 LASIK Surgeons in Coon Rapids, MN, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 11230 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Coon Rapids.
Minnesota Eye Consultants
7125 Tamarack Rd Suite 100, Woodbury, MN 55125
The lasik surgeon practice has received positive reviews for their competent and personable providers, thorough examinations, efficient scheduling, and friendly staff. Patients appreciate the clear explanations, knowledgeable doctors, and excellent care provided by the practice. However, there are also a few negative reviews mentioning long wait times, unprofessional behavior, and dissatisfaction with the communication and follow-up process.
- Skilled and knowledgeable doctors, who take the time to thoroughly explain procedures and address concerns.
- Efficient and friendly staff, ensuring timely appointments and a pleasant experience.
- Positive outcomes and successful surgeries reported by many patients, indicating a high level of competency and expertise.
Minnesota Eye Consultants
11091 Ulysses St NE # 300, Blaine, MN 55434
Patients have praised the lasik surgeon practice for their thorough eye exams, friendly and professional staff, and knowledgeable doctors who take the time to explain procedures and answer questions. Patients also appreciate the convenience of the clinic's location and the efficient and timely care provided.
- Thorough eye exams and friendly professional manner.
- Polite and professional doctors who diagnose issues quickly and provide reassurance.
- Knowledgeable and thorough consultations, with staff who are courteous and professional.
7767 Elm Creek Blvd N Suite 140, Maple Grove, MN 55369
Overall, the majority of reviews for this lasik surgeon practice in Maple Grove are positive. Patients appreciate the kind and knowledgeable staff, as well as the quick and efficient process. Many report experiencing improved vision and are happy with the results. However, there are a few negative reviews mentioning issues with pain during the procedure, incomplete vision correction, and difficulty in getting enhancements or revisions.
- Kind and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at the lasik surgeon practice were friendly and reassuring throughout the process.
- Efficient and quick procedure: Many reviewers state that the lasik surgery itself was fast and took less than 5 minutes, allowing for a quick and streamlined experience.
- Positive vision results: Several reviewers express satisfaction with their improved vision post-surgery, noting better than 20/20 vision or clear vision without the need for glasses or contacts.
8344 3rd St N, Oakdale, MN 55128
The positive reviews for this lasik surgeon practice highlight several key points. First, the staff is consistently praised for their friendliness, knowledge, and professionalism, making patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process. Second, the procedures are described as quick and seamless, with many patients expressing gratitude for the life-changing results of improved vision. Third, Dr. Awad receives special mention for his expertise and caring approach, taking the time to address patients' fears and ensure they are well-informed. Overall, the practice is regarded as highly recommended, with an emphasis on the ease of the process and the welcoming atmosphere.
- Efficient and Professional: The procedure was done quickly and professionally, with the staff being highly knowledgeable and efficient. Patients experienced a smooth and seamless process from start to finish.
- Supportive and Comfortable Environment: The staff at the lasik surgeon practice is described as amazing, friendly, and caring. They made patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process, addressing any concerns or fears and providing personalized care.
- Life-Changing Results: Many reviewers express their extreme satisfaction with the results of the surgery, stating that their vision improved dramatically and they can now see perfectly without the need for glasses or contacts. The positive impact on their quality of life and the convenience of clear vision is emphasized.
Chu Vision Institute
9117 Lyndale Ave S, Bloomington, MN 55420
The lasik surgeon practice at Chu Vision Institute has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. People have praised the friendly and helpful staff, the professionalism of the team, and the thorough care provided. Many patients have reported excellent outcomes and improved vision after their surgeries.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers praised the staff at Chu Vision for being kind, friendly, and supportive throughout their experience. This creates a positive and comfortable environment for patients.
- Professional and organized practice: Reviewers noted that Chu Vision is a well-organized practice with a professional team. They appreciated the precision and excellent care they received, as well as the state-of-the-art equipment and technology used.
- Successful outcomes and improved vision: Multiple reviewers reported positive outcomes and significant improvements in their vision after receiving treatment at Chu Vision. This suggests that the practice has a track record of delivering successful results for their patients.
3300 Edinborough Way Suite 412, Edina, MN 55435
The lasik surgeon practice received many positive reviews. Patients were thrilled with their results and expressed gratitude for the improved vision. The staff was described as friendly, professional, and informative, providing a seamless and comfortable experience. Many reviewers highly recommended the practice for anyone considering LASIK or PRK surgery.
- Quick and painless procedure: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the lasik surgery was fast and easy, with some stating that the procedure itself took less than 10 minutes. This suggests that the surgery is performed efficiently and with minimal discomfort.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers praised the staff at the lasik surgeon practice, emphasizing their friendliness, professionalism, and helpfulness. Several reviewers mentioned that the staff members were informative and answered all their questions, making them feel at ease throughout the process.
- Improved vision: Numerous reviewers expressed satisfaction with the results of their lasik surgery, stating that they now have better than 20/20 vision or significantly improved eyesight. This suggests that the surgeons at this practice have a high success rate and can help patients achieve excellent visual outcomes.
Mark Lobanoff, MD
6099 Wayzata Blvd, St Louis Park, MN 55416
The lasik surgeon practice received numerous positive reviews from satisfied patients. The staff was consistently praised for their friendliness, professionalism, and willingness to explain every step of the process. Patients also expressed their happiness with their improved vision and the overall positive experience they had with the surgeon and the practice.
- The staff is highly praised for being friendly, knowledgeable, and welcoming, making patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Dr. Lobanoff is commended for his professionalism, care, and ability to explain the procedure in detail, ensuring patients understand what to expect.
- The LASIK surgery is described as quick, painless, and efficient, with many patients reporting improved vision and satisfaction with the outcome.
Claris Eye Surgery & LASIK
14101 Fairview Dr Ste 350, Burnsville, MN 55337
Patients highly recommend Dr. Carlson and his team at Claris Eye Surgery & LASIK. They praise Dr. Carlson's expertise and clear explanations, as well as the caring and kind staff. Many emphasize the outstanding results they achieved with LASIK, cataract surgery, and other procedures, with improved vision and a positive impact on their daily lives. The overall experience, from consultation to post-surgery follow-ups, is described as smooth, painless, and life-changing.
- Dr. Carlson and his team provide outstanding care and expertise in both Lasik and cataract surgeries. Patients highly recommend him as an expert in his field.
- The staff at Claris Eye Surgery & Lasik are kind, caring, and make patients feel at ease throughout the entire process. They explain everything clearly and provide clear expectations for the procedures.
- Many patients have experienced life-changing results with their vision after undergoing Lasik or cataract surgery with Dr. Carlson. They have achieved improved vision and no longer need to rely on glasses or contacts.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article