Best Eye Doctors In West St Paul, MN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed West St Paul Optometrists in West St Paul, West St Paul, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze West St Paul reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in West St Paul.
1331 University Ave W, St Paul, MN 55104
Customers at this eye care center consistently commend the staff for their friendliness, professionalism, and efficiency. Patients particularly appreciate employees like Tway and Ken going above and beyond to ensure a positive experience. This location comes highly recommended for eye exams and glasses.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the friendly and courteous staff at this eye care center, highlighting their professionalism and ease of communication.
- Efficient and prompt service: Several reviews mentioned the fast and efficient service, with shorter wait times for eye exams and getting glasses. Reviewers appreciated the quick turnaround time for their glasses, some even receiving them on the same day.
- Knowledgeable and caring optometrist: One review specifically mentioned the optometrist, Dr. Fay, as being diligent, efficient, knowledgeable, and easygoing. This suggests that the eye care center has competent and caring professionals to provide comprehensive eye care.
St. Paul Eye Clinic
1093 Grand Ave, St Paul, MN 55105
The Saint Paul Eye Clinic receives mostly positive feedback for attentive staff and streamlined eye exams, though some critique extended wait times, unhelpful employees, and insurance challenges. Patients applaud personable optometrists and organized appointments, yet a minority report unsatisfactory experiences.
- The staff at Saint Paul Eye Clinic is caring and professional, ensuring that patients feel well-taken care of during their eye exams.
- The clinic provides efficient service, with one reviewer mentioning a quick and professional eye exam that had them in and out quickly.
- There are positive reviews about specific doctors at the clinic, such as Dr. Rice, Dr. Stanek, and Dr. Kelly, who are described as thorough, competent, and excellent in their explanations during eye exams.
Dakota Eye Care Associates
1540 Humboldt Ave, West St Paul, MN 55118
Dakota Eye Care receives high recommendations for their professionalism, friendliness and excellent customer service. Patients frequently mention knowledgeable, patient doctors who provide great care. While some reviews cite issues with opticians or eyewear, most praise the clinic’s COVID safety, efficient exams and modern technology.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors: Multiple reviewers mention that the doctors at Dakota Eye Care, such as Dr. Rachel Hennen, Dr. Matt Hennen, and Dr. Laura, are knowledgeable, thorough, and take the time to answer questions during the eye exams. This expertise contributes to a great patient experience.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers mention the friendly and professional staff at Dakota Eye Care. Whether it's the receptionists who go out of their way to make children comfortable with coloring paper and crayons or the opticians who are friendly and down-to-earth, the staff at this eye care center create a positive and welcoming environment for patients.
- Convenient and efficient exams: Reviewers appreciate the quick and efficient eye exams at Dakota Eye Care. With the use of modern technology, the eye exams are comfortable and do not require uncomfortable procedures like dilation. This creates a hassle-free experience for patients. Additionally, reviewers mention convenient appointment hours, including early and late appointments, making it easier to schedule a visit.
Dr. Greg B. Markeson
1750 S Robert St, West St Paul, MN 55118
Dr. Markeson provides professional, thorough eye exams and excellent prescription services at Target Optical. Patients describe him as caring and personable, with an outstanding ability to explain eye health details clearly. He keeps costs low, passing savings on to patients.
- Dr. Markeson provides thorough and professional eye exams.
- He is knowledgeable and experienced in handling high astigmatism and finding the sharpest prescription for contacts and glasses.
- Dr. Markeson takes the time to explain details and ensures patients understand their eye health and treatment options.
- He is caring, kind, and patient, making the exam experience pleasant for both adults and children.
- The staff at the eye care center are friendly, helpful, and informative.
- Affordable prices and a focus on not pressuring patients to buy unnecessary extras.
- Dr. Markeson is attentive, listens to patients' concerns, and provides personalized care.
- Patients appreciate his professionalism, accuracy, and willingness to go the extra mile for their vision needs.
- The eye exam is clean, effective, and not unnecessarily inflated to push stronger prescriptions.
- Dr. Markeson is highly recommended by many patients who have been seeing him for years and have referred their family members to him.
Dr. Troy Randgaard & Dr. Bryan Parrott – Highland
2024 Ford Pkwy, St Paul, MN 55116
The eye care center receives consistently positive feedback for their knowledgeable, caring staff, thorough eye exams, and doctor’s ability to clearly explain findings. A few customers reported rude staff and poor doctor communication, but these appear to be rare exceptions. Patients overwhelmingly commend the professional, friendly service and high quality care.
- The doctors take the time to explain the results of the eye exam and offer suggestions for improving eye health and vision.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable, ensuring a pleasant and efficient experience.
- The exams are thorough and detailed, providing a high level of professionalism and expertise.
Wallerich Eye Care
1300 University Ave W, St Paul, MN 55104
Dr. Wallerich’s eye exams at the Target on University are thorough. He takes time to explain issues and answer questions. Patients describe his friendly, professional staff as making visits comfortable.
- Dr. Wallerich takes the time to thoroughly understand and communicate with patients, even going beyond a typical eye exam to provide relief for specific issues.
- The staff at the eye care center are friendly, professional, and accommodating, creating a comfortable and welcoming environment for patients.
- The eye exams conducted at the center are thorough and efficient, with a high level of care and attention to detail.
6575 Cahill Ave, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
EyeWorks provides a comfortable environment for eye exams with a clean, quiet store and friendly, knowledgeable staff. Patients speak highly of Dr. Heidi Kopp’s professional and attentive care during appointments. The practice offers thorough exams utilizing advanced technology and a wide selection of frames. Patients recommend EyeWorks for excellent, personalized eye care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Thorough and comfortable eye exams
- Clean and welcoming environment
- Advanced technology for eye exams
- Personalized care and attention
- Great selection of unique and stylish frames
2024 Ford Pkwy, St Paul, MN 55116
The eye care center received primarily positive feedback for their kind, helpful, and professional staff who performed thorough exams. However, some customers reported miscommunication about extra fees and exam errors that caused discomfort and hassle.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are kind, patient, and have a positive attitude. They are described as welcoming and willing to answer questions, making patients feel comfortable and cared for.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Many reviewers appreciate the attention to detail and thoroughness of the eye exams they received at this center. The optometrists are described as professional, knowledgeable, and provide clear explanations about the condition of the patients' eyes and vision. Some reviewers also mention specific tests or procedures that impressed them, such as detailed eye health checks or special field of vision tests.
Eyes All Over
506 7th St W #1, St Paul, MN 55102
Eyes All Over is appreciated for their professional and personable staff who are knowledgeable during exams. They offer a variety of durable and stylish glasses. Their exceptional customer service, flexibility, and commitment to satisfaction are highly regarded.
- Professional and personable staff who are knowledgeable about their products and provide thorough eye exams.
- Flexible and accommodating customer service, including adjusting orders and reordering glasses if needed.
- Wide selection of frames, including durable and light options, with expert assistance in choosing the best fit.
Scenic Eye Care
261 Ruth St N Suite E, St Paul, MN 55119
Scenic Eye Care is well-reviewed for their eye doctors, exams, and customer service. Patients report knowledgeable, friendly staff and thorough exams. Though professional and attentive, a complaint about multiple appointment cancellations merits consideration.
- Excellent service and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews highlight the great service and knowledgeable staff at Scenic Eye Care, with patients feeling that their questions were answered in an educational way. This indicates that customers can expect a high level of expertise and professional care during their eye exams.
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere: Many reviewers mention the friendly and welcoming atmosphere at Scenic Eye Care. Patients are made to feel important and comfortable, whether it's their first time visiting or they have been going there for years. This creates a positive and inviting environment for customers seeking eye care.
- Patient-centered approach: The reviews emphasize that Scenic Eye Care prioritizes the well-being and satisfaction of their patients. They take care to make their patients feel important, whether it's by offering beverages, handling nervous kids, or going above and beyond to ensure that patients can see properly. This patient-focused approach contributes to a positive overall experience.
1750 S Robert St, West St Paul, MN 55118
Overall, most reviews of this eye care center are positive, with patients commending the helpful staff, Dr. Greg and Jo in particular. Many patients were pleased with the customer service, eye exams and frame options. A couple reviews cited issues with opening hours and policies around prescriptions and insurance.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention helpful and pleasant staff members, such as Dr. Greg, Jo, Ana, and Anna, who provide excellent customer service and offer guidance in choosing frames and lenses.
- Convenient and efficient service: Many reviewers appreciate the convenience of having eye exams and purchasing glasses at the same location. They mention quick turnaround times for glasses, a wide range of options, and the overall ease of the process.
- Competitive pricing: Several reviewers highlight the affordability and cost-saving opportunities compared to other eye care providers. They mention receiving discounts, saving money with insurance, and finding lower prices on frames and lenses compared to other stores.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Minnesota
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.45% of Minnesotans aged 40-64 had difficulty seeing, while 5.47% of those aged 65+ experienced the same issue. in Minnesota, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Minnesota
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Minnesota.
- The In Minnesota in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 8.55% among those with diabetes, which is more than double the overall percentage of 3.38%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Minnesota in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (5.33%) compared to the overall population (3.38%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Minnesota
- In Minnesota, 3.38% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Minnesota
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.12% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.45% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Minnesota face even higher rates at 5.47%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Minnesota
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Minnesota.
- 8.55% of those with diabetes and 5.33% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Minnesota
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.47% of children in Minnesota having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.79% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Minnesota
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.38% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Minnesota.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.