Best Eye Doctors In Roseville, MN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Roseville Optometrists in Roseville, Roseville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Roseville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Roseville.
1331 University Ave W, St Paul, MN 55104
Customers praise this eye care center for its excellent customer service, knowledgeable and helpful staff like Tway, Ken, and Dr. Fay, as well as its convenience, efficiency, and quality of service. Customers appreciate same-day glasses and timely appointments.
- The staff at this eye care center is friendly, welcoming, and provides excellent customer service.
- The eye exam process is efficient and thorough, and the doctors are knowledgeable.
- The center has a good selection of frames and offers prompt service in getting glasses.
St. Paul Eye Clinic
1093 Grand Ave, St Paul, MN 55105
Saint Paul Eye Clinic provides quality eye exams and caring doctors, though some patients experienced rude staff, long waits, and insurance issues.
- The staff at Saint Paul Eye Clinic is caring and provides professional eye exams in a timely manner.
- The doctors at the clinic are thorough in their explanations during eye exams and have a compassionate bedside manner.
- The clinic follows COVID-19 protocols, ensuring the safety of patients and staff during appointments.
St. Paul Eye Clinic
2680 E Snelling Ser Dr, Roseville, MN 55113
This eye care center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for their professional, friendly staff and knowledgeable doctors. Patients appreciate the clinic’s efficiency and COVID precautions. However, one reviewer mentioned encountering rude, unresponsive staff. Overall, the center comes highly recommended for eye care.
- The staff at this eye care center are extremely polite, professional, and upbeat. The receptionist went above and beyond by filling out the majority of the paperwork for the new patient.
- The eye doctor, Dr. George, is thorough, efficient, and friendly. He takes the time to answer questions and explains each part of the physical eye exam before beginning.
- The clinic is well-run and organized. The eye technicians are knowledgeable and display patience while working to ensure the best eyeglass prescription and gather the latest data. Dr. George oversees an outstanding team, and the entire operation from scheduling to check-in is efficient.
Jack Moore OD – Target Optical Roseville
1515 County B Rd W, Roseville, MN 55113
Dr. Moore provides thorough and efficient eye exams. Patients describe him as adept with both children and adults. His friendly staff earns high marks. One patient voiced frustration with product ordering, though most reviews of Dr. Moore’s practice are glowing.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Multiple reviews highlight the doctors' thoroughness and efficiency during eye exams, ensuring that all concerns are addressed and the process is quick.
- Great with children: The eye care center is highly recommended for its ability to make young patients feel comfortable during their first eye exams, creating a positive and anxiety-free experience.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Patients mention the super friendly and helpful staff, who go above and beyond to assist with any needs, such as ordering contact lenses and glasses.
St. Anthony Eye Clinic
2929 Pentagon Dr, St Anthony, MN 55418
The St. Anthony Eye Clinic receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and comprehensive eye exams. However, some customers report being misled about needing exams and complain of high contact lens prices. While recommended overall, especially for eyeglasses, approach claims of expired prescriptions and pricing carefully.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at St. Anthony Eye Clinic are friendly and professional, making patients feel welcomed and comfortable during their visits.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviews note that the eye exams at this clinic are thorough, with the optometrists taking the time to answer questions and explain the procedures. The use of up-to-date testing equipment is also mentioned, ensuring accurate and comprehensive examinations.
- Honest and personalized frame selection: According to reviews, the staff at St. Anthony Eye Clinic help patients choose frames that suit their style and personality. They are described as being honest and not simply trying to make a sale, ensuring that customers find glasses that truly look good on them.
River Lake Clinic PLLC
4323 E Lake St, Minneapolis, MN 55406
The first patron appreciated the friendly service and comprehensive eye exam. The second faced challenges including disorganization, lack of privacy and ineffective doctor communication. Other positive reviews praised the helpful, knowledgeable staff, thorough eye exams and welcoming atmosphere.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who provide thorough eye exams
- Excellent customer service and professionalism
- Doctors take the time to explain findings and treatment options
2480 Fairview Ave N Ste 10, Roseville, MN 55113
Customers were pleased with the knowledgeable, helpful staff and courteous service at the eye care center. They appreciated the wide selection of frames, reasonable prices, and clean, spacious store. Customers left satisfied with their glasses and overall service.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were knowledgeable, helpful, and courteous. They were able to assist customers in picking out glasses, explaining changes in their eyes, and providing information about different lens options.
- Wide selection of frames: Customers appreciated that this eye care center had a wide selection of frames to choose from. They were able to find frames that they liked and that worked well with their prescription.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviewers mentioned that they had a positive experience with the speed and efficiency of the service at this eye care center. Lenses were made quickly, and adjustments were made promptly to ensure a good fit.
Dr. Sean Bell
3800 Lexington Ave N, Shoreview, MN 55126
Dr. Bell receives high marks for his thorough exams, expertise, and friendly manner with patients, particularly children. Multiple reviewers appreciate his staff’s helpfulness. However, some expressed disappointment regarding insurance and prescription issues. Overall, most reviews praise Dr. Bell’s efficient care.
- Dr. Bell is thorough and takes time to explain every step of the eye exam.
- The eye exams are efficient, comfortable, and enjoyable, making it a positive experience.
- Dr. Bell is great with children, making their first eye exams fun and engaging.
Wallerich Eye Care
1300 University Ave W, St Paul, MN 55104
Dr. Wallerich of Wallerich Eye Care receives positive reviews for his attentive and educational approach during exams. Patients describe an enjoyable experience with his friendly, professional staff. The clinic is conveniently located in a Target store with efficient service and reasonable pricing.
- Highly knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Dr. Wallerich takes the time to thoroughly diagnose and explain any eye issues, including uncommon conditions. He goes above and beyond to ensure patients understand their eye health.
- Friendly and professional staff: The support staff at the clinic are described as caring, patient, and professional. They create a comfortable atmosphere and make patients feel at ease during their eye exams.
- Quick and efficient service: The clinic provides fast service, with short wait times and efficient appointments. Patients appreciate being able to get in and out quickly, even during busy times.
Roseville Eye Associates
1790 Lexington Ave N, Roseville, MN 55113
Roseville Eye Associates was highly rated for thorough and detailed eye exams by knowledgeable doctors who take time to explain procedures and answer questions. Professional, kind staff contribute to a comfortable, efficient experience. Patients recommend Roseville Eye Associates for their exceptional eye care.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Several reviews mention that the eye exams at Roseville Eye Associates are thorough and comprehensive. The optometrists take their time to explain the procedures and discuss the health of patients' eyes.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews highlight the professionalism and friendliness of the staff at Roseville Eye Associates. The staff members are described as helpful, patient-oriented, and pleasant. They are willing to assist patients in selecting frames and addressing any concerns.
- Skilled and caring optometrists: The optometrists, particularly Dr. Maffitt and Dr. Ellingson, are highly recommended by reviewers for their expertise, professionalism, and ability to explain eye conditions and treatments clearly. They show care and kindness towards their patients and go above and beyond to provide the best possible care.
Drs North & Watson
2480 Fairview Ave N #16, Roseville, MN 55113
Customers recommend this eye care center for the thoroughness and clarity of the eye exams. While many appreciate the convenience of the attached LensCrafters for ordering lenses and frames, some suggest getting glasses elsewhere due to disappointing experiences there.
- Fast and efficient: Many reviews mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough but don't take a long time. Some even mention that they were able to get their new glasses within an hour.
- Friendly and professional staff: Reviewers consistently mention that the doctors, technicians, and front desk staff are friendly, professional, and put them at ease during their eye exams.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Several reviews praise the doctors for conducting thorough eye exams and explaining the results clearly. They also mention that the doctors embrace new technology and prioritize eye health.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Minnesota
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.45% of Minnesotans aged 40-64 had difficulty seeing, while 5.47% of those aged 65+ experienced the same issue. in Minnesota, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Minnesota
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Minnesota.
- The In Minnesota in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 8.55% among those with diabetes, which is more than double the overall percentage of 3.38%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Minnesota in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (5.33%) compared to the overall population (3.38%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Minnesota
- In Minnesota, 3.38% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Minnesota
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.12% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.45% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Minnesota face even higher rates at 5.47%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Minnesota
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Minnesota.
- 8.55% of those with diabetes and 5.33% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Minnesota
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.47% of children in Minnesota having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.79% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Minnesota
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.38% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Minnesota.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.