Best Eye Doctors In Rochester, MN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Rochester Optometrists in Rochester, Rochester, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Rochester reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Rochester.
You and Eye Family Eye Care
2650 Broadway Ave S Suite 400, Rochester, MN 55904
With the expertise of Dr. Ausdemore, Dr. Bingham, and Dr. Bhend, You & Eye Family Eye Care receives highly positive reviews for their friendly, caring, and knowledgeable staff who provide thorough, informative eye exams. Patients appreciated the high-tech equipment, wide selection of frames, and help with fitting. Offering many eye care operations, reviews overwhelmingly commend the office’s excellent service.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Many reviewers praised the eye care center for providing thorough and detailed eye exams, with the optometrists taking the time to explain everything and answer any questions.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at the eye care center were repeatedly mentioned as being friendly, patient, and helpful. They were praised for making patients feel comfortable and providing excellent customer service.
- Wide selection of glasses frames: Several reviewers appreciated the variety and quality of glasses frames available at the eye care center. The staff were commended for their expertise in helping customers choose the right frames and ensuring a proper fit.
2854 41st St NW Ste 103, Rochester, MN 55901
Customers at this eye care center consistently reported satisfaction with the efficient exams, quick production of glasses, helpful staff, wide selection of frames and lenses, and affordable prices. Many obtained their glasses the same day or within a short time and appreciated the excellent customer service.
- Quick turnaround time: Customers were pleased with the fast service, including getting their eye exams and picking up their glasses on the same day or within a short period of time.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, with mentions of their professionalism, understanding, and willingness to answer questions.
- Good selection of frames and affordable pricing: Customers appreciated the wide range of frames available and found the prices to be reasonable, making it easy to find glasses that suited their preferences and budgets.
Total Vision Eyecare
1630 W Center St, Rochester, MN 55902
Dr. Addison provides compassionate, patient, and thorough eye exams at Total Vision Eyecare. Reviewers recommend his services and the friendly, professional staff. The modern clinic offers stylish glasses. Patients consistently report excellent care.
- Highly skilled and compassionate ophthalmologist: Dr. Addison is praised for his experience, patience, and understanding towards patients, especially those with disabilities. He takes the time to explain everything and ensures the comfort of his patients throughout the entire appointment.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: The eye exams conducted by Dr. Addison are described as thorough and comprehensive. He explains all the tests and results throughout the exam, providing patients with a clear understanding of their eye health.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at Total Vision Eyecare is consistently praised for being friendly, helpful, and informative. They make patients feel welcome and are able to assist them in selecting the right frames and lenses for their needs and style.
Lifetime Eye Care
3632 10th Ln NW, Rochester, MN 55901
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its friendly, efficient staff and comprehensive exams. Patients appreciate the optomap technology, which often replaces dilation. While costs are higher than some competitors, most feel the quality service is worth it.
- Friendly and efficient staff: Multiple reviewers mention the friendly and helpful staff at Lifetime Eye Care. They appreciate the courteousness, attentiveness, and professionalism of the staff members.
- Quick and thorough eye exams: Reviewers appreciate the efficiency and thoroughness of the eye exams at Lifetime Eye Care. They mention that the exams are quick and easy, without dilating the eyes for a whole day, thanks to the optomap machine. Patients also feel that the eye exams are thorough and accurate.
- Good selection of glasses: Many reviewers mention the good variety of glasses available at Lifetime Eye Care. They appreciate being able to try on frames and order glasses directly from the clinic.
111 Broadway Ave S, Rochester, MN 55904
The eye care center receives consistently positive reviews for the expertise and professionalism of its doctors and staff. Patients report thorough exams, accommodating service, and help finding ideal frames. Advanced technology enables comprehensive testing and quick results. In all, reviewers indicate an excellent patient experience thanks to knowledgeable, friendly service and efficient processes.
- Professional and Polite Staff: Many reviewers praised the staff for their professionalism, politeness, and knowledge during eye exams and consultations.
- Comprehensive Eye Exams: Numerous customers mentioned that they had received thorough and comprehensive eye exams at this location. They appreciated the attention to detail and the patience of the optometrists during the exams.
- Convenient Scheduling and Insurance Handling: Several reviewers mentioned that it was easy to schedule appointments, and the staff efficiently handled insurance matters before their visits.
1620 Broadway Ave S, Rochester, MN 55904
The eye exam office receives positive feedback for their friendly, helpful staff. Patients describe comprehensive eye exams and appreciate the doctors taking time to explain procedures and answer all questions. Many customers highlight the excellent customer service and personalized assistance with selecting eyeglass frames.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and accommodating staff members, indicating a positive customer service experience.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Several reviews highlight the doctors' thoroughness in explaining the eye exam process and answering questions, suggesting a high level of professionalism and knowledge.
- Easy and efficient visits: Many reviewers mention that their visits were quick and efficient, with minimal wait times, indicating a streamlined and time-saving experience.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
3462 55th St NW Suite 600, Rochester, MN 55901
Most customers praise the friendly and helpful staff at this eye care center, specifically Nancy, Julie, Angie, and Dr. Elijah. A few negative reviews mention high prices and prescription issues, so experiences may vary, but many have had positive eye exams and glasses shopping.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mention specific staff members who were helpful, informative, and made the experience enjoyable.
- Good selection of frames: Several reviewers commented on the cute and stylish frames available at the eye care center.
- Great customer service: Many reviewers appreciated the excellent customer service they received, including personalized attention, answering their questions, and ensuring they were satisfied with their glasses and contacts.
Byron Eye Care
1067 4th St NE Ste 350, Byron, MN 55920
Byron Eye Care patients appreciate the clean, friendly office and Dr. Kennedy’s thorough, efficient exams. The knowledgeable staff, quality products/services, and advanced retinal screening technology ensure a great experience. Patients recommend Byron Eye Care for comprehensive eye care.
- Dr. Wendy Kennedy has been practicing since 2004 with a focus on individual and family care. Her optical staff collectively has over 60 years of experience to help guide you through the process of addressing all of your eye care needs for glasses or contacts.
- Byron Eye Care also provides a focused plan for children who may struggle with nearsightedness, or myopia. Structured Myopia Management Plans are created with multiple options for care routes. These plans help to slow the progression of a myopic patient’s eyes to minimize the potential correction needed in the future.
- Dr. Kennedy sees people from all walks of life. She has a long-standing foundation of providing personal care and professional service. When you come here, you aren’t just a number.
3827 Marketplace Dr NW, Rochester, MN 55901
Dr. Johnson provides exceptional service with her thorough exams that identify previously missed issues, per positive reviews. Patients are grateful for her care. The front desk staff is commended for pleasant and efficient interactions. Patients feel the knowledgeable, welcoming professionals prioritize their needs and provide excellent eye care.
- Dr. Johnson is highly praised for her thoroughness and accurate eye exams, catching issues that other optometrists missed.
- The staff at this location are described as welcoming, fast, knowledgeable, and professional, providing excellent customer service.
- The team goes above and beyond to accommodate patients, including staying late for exams, helping with frame selection, and fixing glasses free of charge.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Minnesota
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.45% of Minnesotans aged 40-64 had difficulty seeing, while 5.47% of those aged 65+ experienced the same issue. in Minnesota, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Minnesota
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Minnesota.
- The In Minnesota in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 8.55% among those with diabetes, which is more than double the overall percentage of 3.38%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Minnesota in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (5.33%) compared to the overall population (3.38%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Minnesota
- In Minnesota, 3.38% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Minnesota
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.12% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.45% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Minnesota face even higher rates at 5.47%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Minnesota
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Minnesota.
- 8.55% of those with diabetes and 5.33% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Minnesota
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.47% of children in Minnesota having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.79% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Minnesota
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.38% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Minnesota.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.