Best Eye Doctors In Forest Lake, MN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Forest Lake Optometrists in Forest Lake, Forest Lake, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Forest Lake reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Forest Lake.
St Paul Eye Clinic
1675 Beam Ave, St Paul, MN 55109
The St Paul Clinic Maplewood receives positive feedback for their knowledgeable yet approachable staff. Patients describe the technicians and doctors as professional, caring, and adept at explaining eye procedures in an understandable manner. Many recommend this clinic for eye exams and surgeries due to their friendly and efficient service.
- The doctors at St Paul Eye Clinic are highly skilled and knowledgeable, providing thorough exams and explaining test results in an easily understandable manner.
- The staff is friendly, considerate, and efficient, making patients feel important and at ease during their visits.
- The clinic offers a range of eye care services, including surgeries and cataract treatment, with patients reporting successful outcomes and improved vision.
Associated Eye Care
2950 Curve Crest Blvd, Stillwater, MN 55082
The eye care center receives largely positive feedback for thorough exams performed by knowledgeable, kind doctors and a professional, friendly staff that creates a pleasant patient experience. A small number of reviews mention missed diagnoses and scheduling issues.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Multiple reviews praise the doctors at this eye care center for their thoroughness, knowledge, and expertise in conducting eye exams and providing care. They explain their findings in understandable terms and recommend reasonable plans based on patients' input.
- Great customer service and friendly staff: Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the customer service and friendliness of the staff at this eye care center. They mention that employees and staff members are professional, friendly, competent, and make them feel good about their eye exams.
- Safe and efficient during the pandemic: Some reviews highlight the eye care center's adherence to COVID-19 protocols, making patients feel safe during their visits. Additionally, reviewers appreciate the efficiency of the exam process, mentioning minimal waiting times and streamlined procedures.
Twin Cities Eye Consultants (previously North Suburban Eye Specialists)
11855 Ulysses St NE #140, Blaine, MN 55434
Dr. Folden and Dr. Eggimann administer thorough eye exams and patiently explain findings. Their friendly, professional staff and modern equipment contribute to a positive experience. However, some appointments felt rushed and obtaining cost details proved difficult. Drs. Folden and Eggimann come highly recommended overall for their expertise and attentive care.
- Friendly and informative doctors: Reviewers praised the doctors at this eye care center for being courteous, friendly, and taking the time to explain their eye conditions during the exams.
- Comfortable and professional environment: The staff and technicians were mentioned as being professional, kind, and making patients feel comfortable during their visits. The office was described as clean and equipped with modern technology.
- Highly recommended for comprehensive eye care: The eye care center was recommended for providing excellent care, answering questions, and offering various options for treatment. Several reviewers mentioned having positive experiences with specific doctors, highlighting their skills and ability to explain things in layman's terms.
356 12th St SW, Forest Lake, MN 55025
This eye care center is well regarded for clean facilities, helpful staff, and quality service. Customers mention appreciating the staff’s friendliness and the center’s variety of offerings. A few negative reviews cite poor customer service and return issues. However, most reviews are positive, reflecting an enjoyable experience.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this eye care center is friendly and helpful, providing good customer service.
- Clean and well-stocked: Several reviewers commented on the cleanliness and well-stocked nature of the center, suggesting that it provides a positive environment for eye exams and eye care services.
Dr. Kari L Eliason
356 12th St SW, Forest Lake, MN 55025
Drs. Kari and Eliason were commended for their caring, thorough, and attentive approach during eye exams. Patients remarked on their expertise, patience, and professional demeanor. Both doctors excel at putting patients at ease in a comfortable, relaxed setting.
- The doctors, Dr. Kari and Dr. Eliason, were both highly praised for being thorough and attentive during eye exams, answering questions, and addressing concerns.
- The doctors were described as caring, friendly, and personable, which helped create a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
- The staff at the eye care center, including the opticians, were commended for their professionalism and helpfulness in selecting frames and lenses.
Dr. Jeanny Liu-Wu, Optometrist, and Associates
3001 White Bear Ave #1050, Maplewood, MN 55109
Most reviews of the Maplewood Pearl Vision center highlight attentive and knowledgeable doctors like Dr. Liu-Wu, Dr. Jeanny, and Dr. Philip. The staff receives praise for courteous service assisting with frames and exams. One complaint involved obtaining a contact lens prescription. Overall, the reviews indicate quality professional eye care.
- Dr. Liu-Wu and Dr. Philip provide thorough and informative eye exams, making patients feel cared for and comfortable.
- The staff at Pearl Vision Maplewood is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable, ensuring a great experience for customers.
Eye Care Center
1202 E Moore Lake Dr, Fridley, MN 55432
The eye care center is lauded for its knowledgeable and amiable optometrists, who conduct comprehensive and agreeable eye exams. Customers value the tidy and systematic facilities. Reviewers note the ample selection of fashionable eyeglass frames and attentive staff to aid in choosing glasses.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers have praised the eye care center's staff for being friendly and knowledgeable. They felt well taken care of and appreciated the expertise and professionalism of the staff during their eye exams and consultations.
- Comprehensive eye care services: Multiple reviews mention that the eye care center offers a wide range of services, including thorough eye exams, contact lens fittings, and treatment for various eye conditions. This makes it a convenient one-stop destination for all their eye care needs.
St. Paul Eye Clinic
5945 Norwich Ave N, Stillwater, MN 55082
The reviews for this eye care center are largely positive. Patients frequently compliment the doctors for their attentive care and skill. The staff earns praise for their friendliness and for making patients feel comfortable. However, some patients cited longer than expected wait times and higher costs. Still, discontent seems limited to just a few reviews.
- The eye care center has friendly and approachable staff who make patients feel welcome and valued.
- The doctors at this location are thorough and knowledgeable, providing detailed explanations and taking the time to address any concerns.
Village Eye Clinic
4365 Pheasant Ridge Dr NE Suite 108, Blaine, MN 55449
Village Eye Clinic is praised for their friendly and knowledgeable staff, thorough exams, and caring doctors. Patients value the great customer service, convenient location, and comfortable experience. Some concerns exist around the limited frame selection and glasses quality. Overall the clinic comes highly recommended for their professional, efficient service and excellent care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Thorough and pleasant eye exams
- Great customer service and welcoming atmosphere
Blaine Eye Clinic
12170 Aberdeen St NE, Blaine, MN 55449
The eye care center staff receives consistent praise for their friendly approach and professional care. Patients describe the doctors as attentive during thorough exams. While some less positive reviews exist, most customers appear satisfied with the attentive service.
- Efficient and organized: Many reviewers mentioned that the eye care center was efficient and well-organized, making the experience smooth and hassle-free. This could be a positive aspect for those looking for a quick and convenient eye exam.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Several reviewers complimented the staff's knowledge and friendliness. Having a team that is both knowledgeable about eye care and approachable can create a comfortable environment for patients seeking eye exams or eye care services.
Blaine Family Eye Care
10995 Club W Pkwy NE #100, Blaine, MN 55449
Blaine Family Eye Care offers comprehensive eye exams using state-of-the-art equipment. Patients praise the friendly, professional staff and clean facilities. COVID-19 protocols are strictly followed. While some had issues with eyewear quality or assertive sales tactics, most customers highly recommend this clinic.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Clean facility
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors
1267 W Broadway Ave, Forest Lake, MN 55025
This eye care center comes highly recommended for its friendly, knowledgeable staff and quality patient care. Patients praise Dr. Meacham in particular for his expertise and thorough eye exams. Help with selecting eyeglasses and navigating insurance is also appreciated.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the staff being friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable during their eye exams and overall experience.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: The optometrist, Dr. Meacham, was praised for her thoroughness, patience, and ability to explain and address any concerns during the eye exams.
Associated Eye Care
2380 Rosemary Way, Lino Lakes, MN 55038
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, efficient service and comprehensive eye exams. However, some customers report issues with ordering glasses, billing, and customer service. While exams come recommended, consider other options for eyewear purchases.
- Quick and friendly yearly eye exams
- Thorough and pleasant staff for eye exams and eye care
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Minnesota
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.45% of Minnesotans aged 40-64 had difficulty seeing, while 5.47% of those aged 65+ experienced the same issue. in Minnesota, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Minnesota
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Minnesota.
- The In Minnesota in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 8.55% among those with diabetes, which is more than double the overall percentage of 3.38%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Minnesota in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (5.33%) compared to the overall population (3.38%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Minnesota
- In Minnesota, 3.38% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Minnesota
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.12% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.45% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Minnesota face even higher rates at 5.47%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Minnesota
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Minnesota.
- 8.55% of those with diabetes and 5.33% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Minnesota
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.47% of children in Minnesota having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.79% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Minnesota
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.38% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Minnesota.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.