Best Eye Doctors In Midland, MI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Midland Optometrists in Midland, Midland, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Midland reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Midland.
955 W Midland Rd, Auburn, MI 48611
Auburn Optical provides attentive and friendly eye care. Their knowledgeable staff conduct thorough exams, clearly explaining procedures. Patients appreciate their excellent service and accommodating nature.
- Dr. Martin and his staff provide excellent eye care, from eye exams to emergency visits.
- The staff is friendly and accommodating, making the experience comfortable and efficient.
- Dr. Martin is knowledgeable, thorough, and takes the time to explain things during the eye exam.
SVS Vision Optical Centers
7207 Eastman Ave, Midland, MI 48642
The eye care center received mostly positive feedback for its thorough exams, kind doctors, and helpful staff for selecting frames. However, some customers reported issues with their glasses requiring exams elsewhere. A few negative reviews included one from a veteran reporting mistreatment. The center was praised overall for professionalism, cleanliness, and a large selection of frames.
- Thorough and kind eye exams
- Helpful staff in selecting frames
- Excellent customer service, professional and efficient eye exams
- Comprehensive eye exams
- Easy appointment scheduling and informative staff
- Welcoming and accommodating staff for first eye exams
- Knowledgeable doctors and receptionists
- Clean and tidy surroundings
- Patient and helpful staff
- Outstanding customer service and quality eyewear
Full Circle Vision Care
217 N Saginaw Rd, Midland, MI 48640
The staff receives acclaim for their congeniality, competence, and gentleness with kids. Drs. Kimball and Erickson are noted for their convivial and compassionate manner. The new facility and extensive frame selection also draw praise. Though one critique cites front desk and insurance problems, most reviewers enthusiastically endorse this vision care practice.
- Kid-friendly atmosphere: The eye care center is highly recommended for families with young children. The staff is welcoming and patient, making children feel comfortable during their first eye exams.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews highlight the friendly and helpful staff at the eye care center. From the receptionist to the optician to the doctors, everyone is described as professional, personable, and caring.
- Updated technology and thorough exams: The eye care center is praised for having the latest testing technology for thorough eye exams. Patients appreciate the doctors' personalized approach and the attention to detail in finding the right glasses or contacts for their specific needs.
Doctors of Optometry – Saginaw
4480 Bay Rd STE 1, Saginaw, MI 48603
This eye care center provides excellent customer service, assisting with insurance and eyewear selection. Patients appreciate the comprehensive eye exams by attentive, friendly optometrists. The professional staff ensures a positive experience from start to finish.
- Excellent customer service: Customers appreciated the friendly and professional staff, who made them feel welcomed and safe during the pandemic. They also mentioned that the staff was patient, courteous, and focused on providing exceptional service.
- Thorough and insightful eye exams: Many customers were satisfied with the thoroughness of the eye exams and felt confident in the expertise of the optometrists. They appreciated that their questions were answered and everything was explained in a way that was easy to understand.
- Prompt and efficient service: Customers mentioned that the staff at the eye care center was accommodating, even when they were late for their appointments due to traffic. They also appreciated that the contact lenses were delivered quickly, and the overall experience was professional and efficient.
Andersen Eye Associates
5161 Cardinal Park Dr, Saginaw, MI 48604
The eye care center receives positive feedback for prompt service, an accommodating staff, thorough eye exams, and compassionate doctors. Patients remark on the staff’s ability to put them at ease and minimize anxiety. The optical department offers a variety of frames. Front desk staff provide excellent customer service with upbeat attitudes.
- The staff were professional and very nice, providing a pleasant experience for customers.
- The eye exam was thorough and comprehensive, ensuring accurate prescriptions and addressing specific concerns.
- The optical department had a nice selection of frames, making it easy for customers to find the perfect glasses for their needs.
5020 Bay Rd, Saginaw, MI 48604
The eye care center receives positive feedback for their friendly and knowledgeable staff. Patients report an ample selection of fashionable, reasonably priced eyewear. Exams are conducted in a prompt, thorough manner utilizing advanced technology.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They provide excellent customer service and are willing to answer questions and explain options clearly.
- Convenient and fast service: Several reviews mention that this eye care center offers same-day appointments for eye exams and has a variety of stylish frames to choose from. The service is efficient, with quick eye exams and fast delivery of glasses.
- Affordable prices: Many reviewers highlight that the prices at this eye care center are affordable, making it a great option for those looking for eyewear or eye care services without breaking the bank.
Eye Care Specialists Of Michigan
2489 Trautner Dr, Saginaw, MI 48604
This eye care center is well-regarded for their efficient, timely service. Patients praise the friendly, professional staff, short wait times, and the doctors’ thorough explanations. Many highly recommend them for exams and surgeries.
- Efficient and timely service: Multiple reviewers mentioned that they were seen quickly and had their eye exams done in a timely manner, with minimal waiting time.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff, including the doctors, were described as friendly, caring, and knowledgeable. Many reviewers appreciated the friendly and professional atmosphere of the eye care center.
- Thorough and informative exams: Several reviewers mentioned that the doctors took the time to explain their examination results and answer any questions they had, providing a thorough and informative experience.
Experience Your Eye Specialist
3941 Traxler Ct # 100, Bay City, MI 48706
Customers consistently commend Dr. Tom and Dr. Janel Norfleet for their friendly, thorough, and professional eye care. The attentive staff listens to concerns and ensures a positive experience. Patients appreciate the welcoming atmosphere and feeling valued.
- Doctors and staff are friendly and attentive, providing a pleasant and welcoming experience.
- They take the time to explain things thoroughly and answer any questions, ensuring a clear understanding of the eye care process.
- The optometrists are knowledgeable and professional, providing excellent eye care services.
McLaughlin Optometry – Midland
4816 Bay City Rd, Midland, MI 48642
This eye care center receives glowing reviews for its advanced technology, thorough exams by professional doctors, and friendly, helpful staff that provide a great customer experience. Patients say the costs offer good value.
- Advanced Technology: The eye care center has the highest and best technology for eye exams.
- Thorough Exams: The eye care center provides thorough and detailed eye exams, including recommendations for specialist referrals.
- Great Value: The center offers great value for the cost, with affordable prices for eye exams and glasses.
Advanced EyeCare & Contact Lens Center – St. Charles
123 S Saginaw St, St Charles, MI 48655
The eye care center is lauded for its friendly staff, exceptional doctors like Dr. Wicke and Dr. Duryea, timely appointments, detailed eye exams, welcoming atmosphere, excellent service, COVID safety measures, and accommodating approach with children.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and helpful staff, making patients feel comfortable and welcomed.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: Multiple reviews highlight the professionalism and expertise of the doctors, specifically mentioning Dr. Wicke and Dr. Duryea.
- Efficient and timely service: Several reviews mention the quick and thorough service, with one reviewer specifically mentioning the ability to schedule an appointment quickly.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Michigan
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Michigan in 2018, a slightly higher percentage of people aged 65 and older reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Michigan, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Michigan
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Michigan.
- The In Michigan in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost twice as high for those with diabetes (9.21%) compared to the overall population (4.8%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Michigan in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (9.34%) compared to the overall population (4.8%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Michigan
- In Michigan, 4.8% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Michigan
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.55% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.45% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Michigan face even higher rates at 5.59%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Michigan
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Michigan.
- 9.21% of those with diabetes and 9.34% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Michigan
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.21% of children in Michigan having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.92% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Michigan
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.8% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Michigan.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.