Best Eye Doctors In Gaylord, MI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Gaylord Optometrists in Gaylord, Gaylord, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Gaylord reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Gaylord.
SVS Vision Optical Centers
1407 W Main St, Gaylord, MI 49735
SVS Vision in Gaylord, MI comes highly recommended for their friendly staff, knowledgeable doctors, and positive patient experiences. Reviewers consistently note the professional, thorough eye exams and wide selection of frames. However, one customer was dissatisfied with pandemic protocols.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, kind, and patient, both at the front desk and during the eye exam process.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Several reviews highlight the eye exams being thorough and complete, with one review specifically mentioning the exam being "the most complete" they have ever had.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: Many reviews mention the doctors being informative, knowledgeable, and professional, providing a positive and reassuring experience during the eye exam process.
Associated Retinal Consultants
952 N Center Ave, Gaylord, MI 49735
The eye care center received overall positive feedback. Drs. Oh, Fiander, Farley and Sneed were commended for professionalism, expertise and caring treatment. Patients described the staff and office as welcoming, efficient and friendly. They appreciated the doctors’ clear explanations and thorough exams. The center was highly recommended for quality care and successful treatment of various eye conditions.
- Highly qualified and knowledgeable doctors: Multiple reviews mention that the doctors at this eye care center are thorough, professional, and knowledgeable. They make patients feel at ease and provide detailed explanations of conditions and treatment options.
- Friendly and caring staff: Reviewers appreciate the friendly and caring nature of the staff at this eye care center. They mention feeling welcomed and treated with compassion throughout their visits.
- Efficient and well-run office: Several reviews highlight the efficiency and organization of the office, with minimal waiting times and a well-coordinated staff. The overall experience is described as excellent and the care provided is highly recommended.
Gaylord Eye Care Center, Inc.
829 W Main St E, Gaylord, MI 49735
The Gaylord Eye Center is lauded for their friendly, professional staff. Patients report thorough eye exams and appreciate doctors who explain results clearly. Helpful assistants guide insurance and frame choices. Highly recommended overall for quality eye care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the staff at this eye care center being friendly, courteous, and helpful. They were praised for their professionalism and ability to make patients feel comfortable during their visits.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Many reviewers mentioned receiving thorough and detailed eye exams from the doctors at this center. They appreciated the doctors taking the time to explain the test results and imaging, as well as addressing any concerns or questions they had.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at this eye care center were praised for their excellent customer service. They were described as professional, knowledgeable, and accommodating. Reviewers appreciated the staff going above and beyond to work with insurance, explain costs, and help with frame selection.
Eyes on Main
102 E Main St, Boyne City, MI 49712
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its friendly, professional staff and thorough exams using quality equipment. One customer did have an issue with scheduling, but most found the knowledgeable staff to be helpful and accommodating.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the eye care center is friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. They provide a positive and accommodating experience for patients.
- Thorough and efficient exams: Reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams, as well as the explanation of the process. The exams are described as efficient, and patients are able to choose glasses quickly.
- Excellent and knowledgeable doctors: The doctors at the eye care center are praised for their knowledge, personalized communication, and ability to explain things clearly. They spend time with patients, ask questions, and provide helpful advice.
Infinity Eye Care
1301 US-131, Petoskey, MI 49770
Infinity Eye Care’s knowledgeable, professional, and friendly staff receive consistent positive feedback. Dr. Tess’ attentive and compassionate care of patients is repeatedly recognized. The clean, spacious office offers a wide selection of frames and lenses. This exceptional eye care center comes highly recommended.
- Spacious and clean facility with a nice reception area and high-tech exam machines.
- Knowledgeable, professional, and friendly staff who provide thorough explanations and on-time appointments.
- Wide selection of frames and contacts, with helpful staff who assist in choosing the perfect pair.
Ausable Eye Care
904 Michigan Ave, Grayling, MI 49738
Most patients describe the staff at this eye care center as friendly, knowledgeable professionals who conduct comprehensive eye exams. While a couple reviewers took issue with the frame selection and appointment scheduling, the overwhelming consensus recommends this office for attentive eye care.
- Friendly and down-to-earth doctors and staff, making patients feel calm and comfortable.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors who take the time to explain things and prioritize patient satisfaction.
- Prompt and helpful service, including accommodating emergency appointments and going above and beyond to assist patients.
Otsego Family Vision
1000 S Wisconsin Ave, Gaylord, MI 49735
Dr. Kleinebreil receives consistent positive feedback for his expertise and bedside manner. The staff helps create a welcoming, relaxed environment where patients feel well-informed and cared for. Fast, friendly service rounds out the overall positive experience reported at this eye care center.
- Dr. Kleinebreil is highly knowledgeable and thorough, providing exceptional eye care.
- The staff is pleasant, helpful, and understanding, creating a welcoming and relaxed environment.
- Fast and friendly service, with easy in and out access.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Michigan
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Michigan in 2018, a slightly higher percentage of people aged 65 and older reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Michigan, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Michigan
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Michigan.
- The In Michigan in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost twice as high for those with diabetes (9.21%) compared to the overall population (4.8%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Michigan in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (9.34%) compared to the overall population (4.8%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Michigan
- In Michigan, 4.8% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Michigan
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.55% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.45% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Michigan face even higher rates at 5.59%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Michigan
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Michigan.
- 9.21% of those with diabetes and 9.34% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Michigan
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.21% of children in Michigan having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.92% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Michigan
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.8% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Michigan.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.